• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 110] Texas House Democrats preparing to flee the state in move that could block voting restrictions bill, bring Legislature to a halt

The Texas Dems are going to try and meet with Manchin and Sinema in D.C.

Give 'em an earful and then call them out publicly.
A bunch of big city raving lunatics should absolutely call out a senator from the most pro-trump state in America.

It shows they are willing to do what ever it takes to put this voter suppression bill in the trash.
I said the same thing: The ends justify any means...etc.

I applaud them, for this is probably their only option. That's a bunch of politicians with some large gonads.
Sure...you applaud immoral, unethical and illegal means. I know that.

The Texas Dems are going to try and meet with Manchin and Sinema in D.C.

Give 'em an earful and then call them out publicly.
They better!

Just make it easier for people to vote. God Almighty.
How about if you just say 'just make it easier for some people to vote illegally'?
Why do so many people of GOP proposed voting rules always have to paint black voters as hopeless and helpless victims of voting laws?
Can't they figure out for themselves how to deal with the new voting rules proposed in each GOP run state?

How about if you just say 'just make it easier for some people to vote illegally'?
Why do so many people of GOP proposed voting rules always have to paint black voters as hopeless and helpless victims of voting laws?
Can't they figure out for themselves how to deal with the new voting rules proposed in each GOP run state?
Are you paying attention to what's happening in Michigan? These 9 lawyers are about to be sanctioned for promoting the 'Big Lie'. They lied in court and to the public. These lies had/have many consequences.

The Jan. 6th insurrection and hundreds of new republican election laws, to name the two big ones. Do you honestly believe any of these new laws would have been passed if Trump actually won, or the lawyers hadn't spewed hundreds of lies?

Which is why when republicans in Southern states took voting places off of college campuses and canceled early voting on Sundays when the most black people voted it was all about illegal voting.

Which is why when republicans in Southern states took voting places off of college campuses and canceled early voting on Sundays when the most black people voted it was all about illegal voting.
Let's all prop up the black voters and tell everyone how helpless they are during an election. You must have been listening to hapless Harris talking about how difficult it is for black voters to find a copy machine. (see article cited below)
The Democrats used black Americans as political props after the Civil War in order to keep them from voting in the South and now the Democrats are propping up black voters in order to fight voting laws constitutionally created to insure accurate voting in a state.

Kamala Harris Slammed for 'Kinkos' Comment in Discussing Rural Americans and Voter ID​

Let's all prop up the black voters and tell everyone how helpless they are during an election. You must have been listening to hapless Harris talking about how difficult it is for black voters to find a copy machine. (see article cited below)
The Democrats used black Americans as political props after the Civil War in order to keep them from voting in the South and now the Democrats are propping up black voters in order to fight voting laws constitutionally created to insure accurate voting in a state.

Kamala Harris Slammed for 'Kinkos' Comment in Discussing Rural Americans and Voter ID​

let's make it easier to vote and not take voting places off college campuses and on Sundays when there is high black voter turnout.

let's make it easier to vote and not take voting places off college campuses and on Sundays when there is high black voter turnout.
How about everyone, black, white, and others, just stand on their own two feet. How about we grown ups get out and vote or stay home. How about we just make an adult decision?

Fleeing oppression
The cowardly Democrats are abandoning and abrogating their Constitutional responsibility to represent their respective constituencies in their state of Texas.
Running away from the vote makes them look guilty as hell when they cannot prove the new voting laws will disadvantage voting group.
And if I were a black voter I would be incensed that politicians were using me and my race as a foil against the Republicans.
Telling the world that black voters are incapable of following a proposed voting law that has not proven to be obstructive and difficult to follow.

I would be like that sane and responsible black journalist, Jason Riley, whose book title says it all:
"Please Stop Helping Us!".

In Please Stop Helping Us, Jason L. Riley examines how well-intentioned welfare programs are in fact holding black Americans back. Minimum-wage laws may lift earnings for people who are already employed, but they price a disproportionate number of blacks out of the labor force. Affirmative action in higher education is intended to address past discrimination, but the result is fewer black college graduates than would otherwise exist. And so it goes with everything from soft-on-crime laws, which make black neighborhoods more dangerous, to policies that limit school choice out of a mistaken belief that charter schools and voucher programs harm the traditional public schools that most low-income students attend.

In theory these efforts are intended to help the poor—and poor minorities in particular. In practice they become massive barriers to moving forward.

Are you paying attention to what's happening in Michigan? These 9 lawyers are about to be sanctioned for promoting the 'Big Lie'. They lied in court and to the public. These lies had/have many consequences.

The Jan. 6th insurrection and hundreds of new republican election laws, to name the two big ones. Do you honestly believe any of these new laws would have been passed if Trump actually won, or the lawyers hadn't spewed hundreds of lies?
Your argument is a non sequitur.

The cowardly Democrats are abandoning and abrogating their Constitutional responsibility to represent their respective constituencies in their state of Texas.
Running away from the vote makes them look guilty as hell when they cannot prove the new voting laws will disadvantage voting group.
And if I were a black voter I would be incensed that politicians were using me and my race as a foil against the Republicans.
Telling the world that black voters are incapable of following a proposed voting law that has not proven to be obstructive and difficult to follow.

I would be like that sane and responsible black journalist, Jason Riley, whose book title says it all:
"Please Stop Helping Us!".

In Please Stop Helping Us, Jason L. Riley examines how well-intentioned welfare programs are in fact holding black Americans back. Minimum-wage laws may lift earnings for people who are already employed, but they price a disproportionate number of blacks out of the labor force. Affirmative action in higher education is intended to address past discrimination, but the result is fewer black college graduates than would otherwise exist. And so it goes with everything from soft-on-crime laws, which make black neighborhoods more dangerous, to policies that limit school choice out of a mistaken belief that charter schools and voucher programs harm the traditional public schools that most low-income students attend.

In theory these efforts are intended to help the poor—and poor minorities in particular. In practice they become massive barriers to moving forward.
Okay, so the filibuster is unconstitutional. Interesting.

How about everyone, black, white, and others, just stand on their own two feet. How about we grown ups get out and vote or stay home. How about we just make an adult decision?
voting places are in lots of places and early voting is on lots of days.

it's you guys that took voting places off college campuses and canceled early voting on the days when there was higher black voter turnout and are now removing drop boxes that make it convenient in high democratic/black areas.

how about just admit what you guys are doing (like NC did in court). that would show a hair of honesty.

I had to wait 45 minutes to vote once. If I had to wait five hours, I probably would just skip it and that’s the point of these election bills

voting places are in lots of places and early voting is on lots of days.

it's you guys that took voting places off college campuses and canceled early voting on the days when there was higher black voter turnout and are now removing drop boxes that make it convenient in high democratic/black areas.

how about just admit what you guys are doing (like NC did in court). that would show a hair of honesty.
I'm just a citizen. I don't work for the GOP, DNC, CNN, or FOXNEWS. I'm simply saying that if a person wants to vote that person will find a way to vote. Voter ID is sensible. As for the accusations you are making I no nothing. I do, however know, that politics is a dirty business. There's plenty of room on both sides to cast aspersions. For example, I think Hunter Biden is a crook, and his biggest fan is the POTUS. I think B. Obama did more to set back race relations that any POTUS in the modern era. Bill Clinton was as immoral a man as you could find. Yes, yes, Donald Trump. We all know about him. But there's a saying. Clean your own henhouse before you go talking about how dirty mine is.

I had to wait 45 minutes to vote once. If I had to wait five hours, I probably would just skip it and that’s the point of these election bills
The Democrats want to nationalize the elections. Do you understand what that means? More of the same dirty tricks only on a more sophisticated national level where everything can be hidden. Dems or GOP makes no difference. None are honest.

I'm just a citizen. I don't work for the GOP, DNC, CNN, or FOXNEWS. I'm simply saying that if a person wants to vote that person will find a way to vote. Voter ID is sensible. As for the accusations you are making I no nothing. I do, however know, that politics is a dirty business. There's plenty of room on both sides to cast aspersions. For example, I think Hunter Biden is a crook, and his biggest fan is the POTUS. I think B. Obama did more to set back race relations that any POTUS in the modern era. Bill Clinton was as immoral a man as you could find. Yes, yes, Donald Trump. We all know about him. But there's a saying. Clean your own henhouse before you go talking about how dirty mine is.
And I'm just saying that republicans are taking voting places off of college campuses and canceling early voting on the days when there is larger black voter turnout and North Carolina even admitted in court what they were doing. Actual court documents.

Make it easier to vote, not harder. That's totally an American.

And I'm just saying that republicans are taking voting places off of college campuses and canceling early voting on the days when there is larger black voter turnout and North Carolina even admitted in court what they were doing. Actual court documents.

Make it easier to vote, not harder. That's totally an American.
Like I said, the Democrats need to clean up their act as well. Show me a link for your accusations or shut up. Let's see some proof, boss.

Like I said, the Democrats need to clean up their act as well. Show me a link for your accusations or shut up. Let's see some proof, boss.
well that was quite easy...

So voting is not important enough to wait a few hours to vote.
People in other countries have given their lives just to vote.
And you complain about waiting on line.
Get an absentee ballot.

Back
Top Bottom