• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Homeowner Shoots Invaders

A good example of gun control.

Sight alignment, trigger control, lead down range on target!

And yet another case of a good guy with a gun protecting himself and his home.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ho...-injures-2-during-home-invasion-officials-say

This is very confusing news (police?) report.

A shootout then took place between the groups, according to police.

From what I could discern, there were 5 "home invaders" and a single "homeowner" invovlved in the shootout. Unless some of the home invaders joined the single homeowner shooting at (other?) home invaders then who were the members of the other "group" of shooters? Perhaps the police could have later joined in (with the homeowner) but that was not mentioned.

Chalk up another 3 homicides.

Let's see what the police investigation reveals - if there even is one. The police already seem to have made up their minds.

You're upset the homeowner defended himself?

I'm upset that everyone seems to think it's perfectly OK that 3 people were just killed.

Your definition of "3 people" failed to include the FACT that they were intent on killing the homeowner, they had guns too.
Is there EVER ANY time where you consider self defense to be reasonable EVER?

Are you saying that a homeowner should just lay down and invite a shooter to kill them?

Oh excuse me, you have access to the local PD ?

Is this what the investigation has ALREADY revealed ?

Yeah, that IS in fact what the investigation revealed.

"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV.

Houston PD came, looked at the evidence and came to the same conclusion, the homeowner defended himself.
So again, I will try asking you one more time, is there EVER EVER EVER any situation where you feel it would be appropriate for someone to use deadly force to protect themselves or their loved ones?

I'm upset that everyone seems to think it's perfectly OK that 3 people were just killed.

Because they threaten an Innocent man's life. That's why I'm perfectly fine with the outcome.

Even if there were good arguments for more gun control you do their side more damage than good.

I mean seriously how many people do you think will join you in lamenting the loss of home invaders?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh excuse me, you have access to the local PD ?

Is this what the investigation has ALREADY revealed ?

You shouldn't trust police reports anyway. This one is prob ok, but police reports are filled out by humans. Investigations done by humans. And they have maybe a 1 in 5 solve rate on homicide. Less if the victim survives. Because non homicides are handed off to non homicide detectives with even higher workloads.

You can't count on them for protection either. Police, statistically speaking are useless for anything other than filling jail cells with non violent drug offenders.

Which is why you should reconsider your stance on killing home invaders, one, you won't know their intentions. And two, shooting to not kill wounds them in such a way they cannot flee and thus are forced to fight back even harder.

Statistically speaking, your family is safer with the baseball bat. AS accidents are way more likely to happen than a home invasion. But you are more likely to survive a home invasion with a gun. Neighbor kid might catch a stray tho...

Personally, I think a dog and a shotgun with bean bags is the best way to go. Shoot the people with the bean bags, put the dog on em. They get up, hit the dog, anything, shoot em again with the bean bag.

You're upset the homeowner defended himself?

The homeowner was suppose to let his home be invaded and himself possibly murdered! That's how gun-haters want it done.

They were crooks. They chose to walk the wrong path and they paid the price.

Nah. You're upset that three criminals got killed. Please, continue to advertise that you won't defend yourself.

Would one person being killed, the homeowner, be a better result in your mind?

Back
Top Bottom