• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas governor says coronavirus spreading at 'unacceptable rate;' experts warn of Fourth of July

Coronavirus Spreading At ‘Unacceptable Rate’ In Texas, Governor Says

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott pleaded for residents to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines, but offered little in terms of additional state action while speaking at a news conference Monday, which was called because nearly every major metric for detecting coronavirus spread shows that Texas is heading in the wrong direction."

Well, as the Governor he could actually, you know, do some stuff. But I guess saving lives is a bridge too far.

Well that's a 380 turn how many deaths is Abbott responsible for?

Yes, that "way" is down as our declining rates of infection and death clearly demonstrate.

Congratulations, 14% death per infection being reduced is the only way for this to go, now what makes you an expert on this Country?

However, mandating the use of face masks for shopping and for most business is. NY went into lockdown to control things, and as of today is in 'phase three' of reopening, which means restaurants and hair salons can reopen. Between the face masks, and the phase approach, the economy is being able to be reopened without causing additional deaths. But Abbot, NOOO>. he doesn't get it.

Just mandating face masks would have a significant impact on slowing down the spread of the disease.

New York has the highest covid-19 death rates BY FAR. So of course Democrats who want millions of Americans to die demand all states copy New York. The more Americans they can kill, the more they figure it hurt's Trump. The Democratic Party would mass murder 100,000,000 people if it would get them more power. The Democratic Party has always been the most murderous enemy the United States has ever had.

Great post. I'm not a fan of John Bolton, but I believe him when he said every one of Trump's decisions was based on his reelection. When the virus first arrived, he tried to downplay it and wish it away, because he knew it had the potential to harm the economy, which is really all he had. Then he recklessly encouraged a quick reopening for the same reason.

Now this is all blowing up in his face as everyone except his base, is realizing the emperor has no clothes. So now he's flailing around, unsure of what to do next.

Again, great post. And it pains me to agree with a jarhead. ;)
Actually.... Trump's golfing. That is not actually called "flailing around." It's called a "tee shot " I think. I'm not a golfer. But I have seen his drive. I can see how the two might be confused. History will record Trump as the Nero of the modern age.

Back
Top Bottom