• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas governor says coronavirus spreading at 'unacceptable rate;' experts warn of Fourth of July

You asked for it:

https://www.debatepolitics.com/covi...hasn-t-worked-coronavirus.html#post1071544386

You actually did it!!!

Post #119 - Clear proof that "Conservative" is a data manipulator and liar:.

Post #736 - You were caught by Kushinator:

Post #746 - You were reported to me by Kushinator:

Post #748 - I discovered you lied with even more altered numbers to Metric Mouse too:

You posted this in #71...

GDP growth for Trump

DP and Dollar change
2013 16974.9
2014 17527.7 552,8
2015 18224.8 697.1
2016 18915.0 490.2
2017 19918.9 1003.9
2018 20897.2 1006.1
2019 21734.3 1154.1

You posted this in #714...

GDP dollar growth

2107 19519.4 +804.4
2018 20580.2 +1060.8
2019 21734.3 +1154.1

You posted this in #729...
DP and Dollar change
2008 14712.8
2009 14448.9
2010 14992.1
2011 15542.6 +550.5
2012 16197.0 +654.4
2013 16784.9 +587.9
2014 17527.3 +742.4
2015 18224,8 +697.5
2016 18715.0 +491.0
2107 19519.4 +804.4
2018 20580.2 +1060.8
2019 21734.3 +1154.1

You clearly changed numbers, lied, and you still couldn't remove the obvious trend that Trump inherited. You clearly took factual data and altered it to make the numbers under Obama worse and the numbers under Trump better. You literally changed the numbers and posted them as facts. Then you went on to use that altered data over and over until we caught you. And we caught you because we all use the same official sites to get all the same official data. Only yours was different. It is right there for all to see, with links, form your posts. You have clearly lied about it ever since.

Post #786 - And after enough embarrassment from all of us, you posted this:

This is a clear attempt to pretend that what you altered was legitimate. You are the perfect example of Trump's cult personality. You have trained yourself to deny facts and truths and invest heavily in your own lies. From here, you exaggerate your guilt to hide your guilt.

You now want me to use quarterly data?? Ok, here goes

Table 1.1.5. Gross Domestic Product
[Billions of dollars] Seasonally adjusted at annual rates
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Last Revised on: June 25, 2020 - Next Release Date July 30, 2020

Line
Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4 Q4
1 Gross domestic product 14559.5 14628 15240.8 15796.5 16358.9 17083.1 17849.9 18350.8 18991.9 19918.9 20897.8 21729.1

Obama 14559.5 to 18991.9=4.4 trillion dollars in 8 years

Trump 18991.9 to 21729.0 trillion =2.8 trillion in 3 years

Want me to give you the average??

This is way too easy, what is it about liberalism that creates people like you and your loyalty. No credibility at all. Told you that you wouldn't like the results. BEA.gov, IS TREASURY!!

I'm jumping in w/o reading the thread, responding only to the phrase "unacceptable rate."

If the doctors who claimed that the shutdown merely delayed infections, rather than quelling them, are right--

Then isn't the rate simply going to be about the same as if we didn't shut down, but enforced the same preventive measures in society?

The shutdown didn't delay. Social distancing and wearing masks delayed. This is why a responsible government that wanted people to get back to work would have started a program to create N95 masks as far back as February when they started to disappear. The mask itself provides the social distance in the work space.

I believe it comes down to states that are trying to use preventative measures in an official capacity versus those who are not in an official capacity. For Texas, the unacceptable rate is meeting a refusal to prepare for what even they knew would come. Thus making Texas' economic recovery more of a struggle than other states. Texas, among others, chose to shove the health concern aside in order to make an idiot political statement.

The reason people outside of Texas cares is that Texas is not an island. It not only borders other states that may be trying to be responsible with opening up, but national economic recovery also involves state economic recoveries. Colorado is the model for how the rest of the states should be opening. Not only are the restaurants and hair cut joints open, but the population bought into the idea of mask responsibility. I was just in Oklahoma. Nobody there is wearing a mask. No why? Because it's "dumb."

The shutdown didn't delay. Social distancing and wearing masks delayed. This is why a responsible government that wanted people to get back to work would have started a program to create N95 masks as far back as February when they started to disappear. The mask itself provides the social distance in the work space.

I believe it comes down to states that are trying to use preventative measures in an official capacity versus those who are not in an official capacity. For Texas, the unacceptable rate is meeting a refusal to prepare for what even they knew would come. Thus making Texas' economic recovery more of a struggle than other states. Texas, among others, chose to shove the health concern aside in order to make an idiot political statement.

The reason people outside of Texas cares is that Texas is not an island. It not only borders other states that may be trying to be responsible with opening up, but national economic recovery also involves state economic recoveries. Colorado is the model for how the rest of the states should be opening. Not only are the restaurants and hair cut joints open, but the population bought into the idea of mask responsibility. I was just in Oklahoma. Nobody there is wearing a mask. No why? Because it's "dumb."

What political statement exactly?

You now want me to use quarterly data?? Ok, here goes

...is your response to being proven a clear data manipulator and liar?! You simply avoid and think you can slime into a discussion about data? In the future, on another thread, you will again ask me to prove you a data manipulator and liar.

Obama 14559.5 to 18991.9=4.4 trillion dollars in 8 years

Trump 18991.9 to 21729.0 trillion =2.8 trillion in 3 years

Want me to give you the average??

Love that exponentially building trend since the Great Recession: a steady flow from 14 to 21.

Pretending that you are unaware how things steadily and exponentially improve year after year, after all recessions and depressions, only makes you look stupid. One good year adds to the next good year...until recession strikes again. This naturally affects unemployment.

These are all things that Trump merely inherited as the next in line. Biden is next. Were it not for this virus, "his" 22 will better than 21, thus "proving" Biden as an economic genius, huh? I await your pathetic attempt to argue against Democrats when they try to pull your bull ****.

This is way too easy what is it about liberalism that creates people like you and your loyalty...

You can't even make an original post. It's like you have defaulted to copying what I prove to be you in the hopes that it might make you look smart. But you aren't smart, are you? YOU are the clear loyalist. You are the one who doesn't understand liberalism, economy measurements, or even conservatism. You aren't even man enough to admit your lies.

Last edited:
What political statement exactly?

That wearing a mask and slowly opening up the economy is a "left" thing.

- The virus is just the flu?

- The virus is just a liberal hoax?

- liberate yourselves from Democrat governors?

Most virus deniers have worn MAGA hats from the beginning. Trump wanted reckless abandonment when it came to opening back up because he liked relying on his lie of the economy being "his." His desperation to cling to the health of the economy as "his" gift to America is why he played complacency games in the first place. He pushed off acknowledging that we had to deal with this until March 13, only after it was clear that the Stock Market wasn't being fooled.

Thus his petrified Republican governors did exactly as Trump demanded as his supporters played the complacency game too. Now Texas is a mess because it chose to support stupidity disguised as a political statement. Preparing for a spike, which all knew was coming, would have been counter to the Trump line of shrugging this off. But there really is no political statement in this. Just partisan stupidity.

Glad I live in Colorado.

Last edited:
Ha! The gross denial is more than I have ever experienced in another human being.

Context matters, want me to give you the definition? It is quite telling how loyal you were to Obama but you continue to show that just like Obama you have no understanding of actual people and no understanding of the private sector economy. Why do you think Obama got 4 million fewer votes in 12 and 08 and lost the House every election while in office then lost the Senate in 14-16? Isn't it just possible that the American people know more about their own situation and the Obama results than YOU? Get used to it, 2020 is coming up

MSgt;1072150537]That wearing a mask and slowly opening up the economy is a "left" thing.

NO it is a Governor thing and blaming Trump is what you do

-
The virus is just the flu?

That is a lie, early on he said
the But not so long ago, as the virus ravaged China and Europe and touched the U.S., the president compared the number of deaths from COVID-19 to deaths from the flu.

All based upon WHO and CDC data

Another lie and out of context comment. you really have no idea what context means, do you?

California, NY, Illinois, Minnesota support that statement as do most other states with Democratic Governors

Most virus deniers have worn MAGA hats from the beginning. Trump wanted reckless abandonment when it came to opening back up because he liked relying on his lie of the economy being "his." His desperation to cling to the health of the economy as "his" gift to America is why he played complacency games in the first place. He pushed off acknowledging that we had to deal with this until March 13, only after it was clear that the Stock Market wasn't being fooled.

Doesn't really bother you does it, all about earning political points but results matter as does the actions of Democratic Governors denying individuals their Constitutionally given freedoms

Thus his petrified Republican governors did exactly as Trump demanded as his supporters played the complacency game too. Now Texas is a mess because it chose to support stupidity disguised as a political statement. Preparing for a spike, which all knew was coming, would have been counter to the Trump line of shrugging this off. But there really is no political statement in this. Just partisan stupidity.

You Keep focusing on infections and I will keep posting the death to infection rates which are impacted by recovery. You would take aways individual freedoms for your own political purposes, that defines liberalism. You control whether or not you get the virus as does everyone else, You want the Gov't to violate the Constitution by mandating human behavior from personal choice issues with no created law

6/25/2020 Cases Deaths

United States 2469187 126277 5.1%

New York 390415 24800 6.4%

New Jersey 170196 13018 7.6%

Massachusetts 107439 7874 7.3%

Illinois 139434 6810 4.9%

California 195571 5733 2.9%

Texas 131917 2296 1.7%

Florida 114018 3327 2.9%

Canada 102622 8504 8.3%
Great Britain 307980 43230 14.0%

WORLD 9628658 489731 5.1%

Coronavirus (COVID-19) live map tracker from Microsoft Bing

That wearing a mask and slowly opening up the economy is a "left" thing.

- The virus is just the flu?

Glad I live in Colorado.

Great post. I'm not a fan of John Bolton, but I believe him when he said every one of Trump's decisions was based on his reelection. When the virus first arrived, he tried to downplay it and wish it away, because he knew it had the potential to harm the economy, which is really all he had. Then he recklessly encouraged a quick reopening for the same reason.

Now this is all blowing up in his face as everyone except his base, is realizing the emperor has no clothes. So now he's flailing around, unsure of what to do next.

Again, great post. And it pains me to agree with a jarhead. ;)

Context matters, want me to give you the definition?

I actually do since you are very selective about this word.

- Obama: No Great Recession context for you.

- Trump: Oh the virus context!

Isn't it just possible that the American people know more about their own situation and the Obama results than YOU? Get used to it, 2020 is coming up

Three stupid things in a single sentence:

1) I am not an American people? Only blindly loyal Trump sucks are American people? Funny how you people have declared for three years how only the minority are Americans.

2) We no longer care about the official data? Now the individual American, who can't figure out the difference between U3 and U6, knows better? And didn't Hillary Clinton receive the popular vote in 2016, thus defining what the American people knew and wanted? Again, you are the minority, not "the American people."

3) No, 2020 is already here. You mean November, when your traitor is going to easily get beat by a lesser idiot. Of course, as with Bush in 2000 and with Trump in 2016, I'm sure your fingers are crossed over the technicality of the Electoral College.

You loyalists are even more desperate than Trump to ignore the reality. The guy is freaking out daily over the beating he his taking on every level and your only defense for his disapproval ratings is to argue in January that black people like him now. Your piece of **** has lost votes among women, blacks, and even college educated whites. He has been blasted by Generals, Republican senators, a former Republican president, and even his own current Secretary of Defense (a yes-man). His insistence that Republican states open with reckless abandonment has become a disaster, simply the latest in what has become routine throughout his entire presidency. His own wife strong-armed him for more money. Republican ads are being run on television to get rid of him. And even his attempt to stack the Supreme Court with partisan judges backfired.

But the piece of **** still has traitorous Republican loyalists, neo-Nazis, Supremacists, Putin, Russian oligarchs, Kim Jung-un, and YOU!

Great post. I'm not a fan of John Bolton, but I believe him when he said every one of Trump's decisions was based on his reelection. When the virus first arrived, he tried to downplay it and wish it away, because he knew it had the potential to harm the economy, which is really all he had. Then he recklessly encouraged a quick reopening for the same reason.

Now this is all blowing up in his face as everyone except his base, is realizing the emperor has no clothes. So now he's flailing around, unsure of what to do next.

Yeah, Bolton was always a hawkish idiot with a shallow understanding of the world. But his remarks about Trump do fit what everybody else always say's about Trump.

Again, great post. And it pains me to agree with a jarhead. ;)

Oorah!

MSgt;1072150871]I actually do since you are very selective about this word.

- Obama: No Great Recession context for you.

Exactly no Great Recession as the 81-82 was much worse as the misery index shows. You really believe people buy your opinions and ignore their own finances?

- Trump: Oh the virus context!

Based upon CDC and WHO Comments, why does rhetoric bother you so much?

Three stupid things in a single sentence:

1) I am not an American people? Only blindly loyal Trump sucks are American people? Funny how you people have declared for three years how only the minority are Americans.

The policies implemented and results generated show that he indeed was for the American people, protesting, rioting, reparations, destroying monuments all on the backs of the taxpayers including seniors won't resonate well in November

2) We no longer care about the official data? Now the individual American, who can't figure out the difference between U3 and U6, knows better? And didn't Hillary Clinton receive the popular vote in 2016, thus defining what the American people knew and wanted? Again, you are the minority, not "the American people."

You never have cared about official data only what you can spin politically as if the liberal ideology benefits the American people, it creates dependence and that doesn't benefit anyone but the Bidens of the world

3) No, 2020 is already here. You mean November, when your traitor is going to easily get beat by a lesser idiot. Of course, as with Bush in 2000 and with Trump in 2016, I'm sure your fingers are crossed over the technicality of the Electoral College.

So you say, the silent majority will have the final say and it isn't going to be pretty for you. Your party is the one of creating dependence, politics of personal destruction, radical behavior, rioting, reparations all on the backs of the taxpayers many of whom are seniors

You loyalists are even more desperate than Trump to ignore the reality. The guy is freaking out daily over the beating he his taking on every level and your only defense for his disapproval ratings is to argue in January that black people like him now. Your piece of **** has lost votes among women, blacks, and even college educated whites. He has been blasted by Generals, Republican senators, a former Republican president, and even his own current Secretary of Defense (a yes-man). His insistence that Republican states open with reckless abandonment has become a disaster, simply the latest in what has become routine throughout his entire presidency. His own wife strong-armed him for more money. Republican ads are being run on television to get rid of him. And even his attempt to stack the Supreme Court with partisan judges backfired.

the one ignoring reality is your, RESULTS matter. You think the American people give a damn about the U-3? No, they care about full time employment and economic policies that promote individual wealth creation.

You think the average American wants the U.S. to be the world's policeman? No, they want a strong military and strong econmy. Trump has generated both

But the piece of **** still has traitorous Republican loyalists, neo-Nazis, Supremacists, Putin, Russian oligarchs, Kim Jung-un, and YOU!

Keep promoting that leftwing bull**** as if it resonates with the American people who are recovering from a pandemic in spite of people like you.

remember the posters here who kept insinuating that if you're manly you're good to go. they kept posting about hiding under beds.

five bucks says they or their families are now wearing masks (or are damn close to it). that would then make them the bed-wetters they spoke of.

Who cares about percentages? The fact remains that ALL our rates are dropping while the US is seeing seriously worrying increases in both infections and deaths.

Your rate is still 14%, ours is 5.1%. Who cares??? ROFLMAO

Just another issue for you to show ignorance on

It's weird how the Texas increase in COVID cases comes right when you'd expect it to come... a few weeks after this:

houston.jpg

The upside, so far, is that the vast majority of cases are in the age range that is less prone to COVID, and more prone to protesting...

No Gov. Abbott just needs to avoid issuing orders to send COVID patients to nursing homes.

Also, don't worry, de Blasio has ordered contact tracers to not ask new cases whether or not they attended protests...

Oh, and New York is cutting back on testing...

It's weird how the Texas increase in COVID cases comes right when you'd expect it to come... a few weeks after this:

View attachment 67285412

The upside, so far, is that the vast majority of cases are in the age range that is less prone to COVID, and more prone to protesting...

No Gov. Abbott just needs to avoid issuing orders to send COVID patients to nursing homes.

Also, don't worry, de Blasio has ordered contact tracers to not ask new cases whether or not they attended protests...

Oh, and New York is cutting back on testing...

And of course crowded beaches, bars, restaurants etc., don't count, right?

Right, the American people have the freedom to make choices, good and bad. Socialists like you don't understand that

Does the freedom to be stupid count? Because that's what I'm seeing from all the whiny conservatives; too ****ing numb from the neck up to take sensible precautions, and more concerned that their constitutional rights are being temporarily put on hold than they are about the lives of their fellow citizens. I thought conservatives lived by 'personal responsibility'. I don't see much of that from you lot; no, it's 'I got mine, screw you'.
Oh, and I'm a Liberal, not a socialist. Learn the difference.

Liberalism - Wikipedia

Does the freedom to be stupid count? Because that's what I'm seeing from all the whiny conservatives; too ****ing numb from the neck up to take sensible precautions, and more concerned that their constitutional rights are being temporarily put on hold than they are about the lives of their fellow citizens. I thought conservatives lived by 'personal responsibility'. I don't see much of that from you lot; no, it's 'I got mine, screw you'.
Oh, and I'm a Liberal, not a socialist. Learn the difference.

Liberalism - Wikipedia

Freedom to make choices is guaranteed by our Constitution and that includes the freedom to make what you call stupid choices. You are indeed a liberal who believes you are right on every issue totally ignoring that social issues involve taking personal responsibility to make those choices. Liberals social engineer taking away freedoms based upon feel good rhetoric as if you are doing any good. The results don't support your claims as individual responsibilities exist and if you don't want the virus you don't need federal, state, or local mandates to prevent getting it, just practice what you want mandated as what you want mandated violates due process

Freedom to make choices is guaranteed by our Constitution and that includes the freedom to make what you call stupid choices. You are indeed a liberal who believes you are right on every issue totally ignoring that social issues involve taking personal responsibility to make those choices. Liberals social engineer taking away freedoms based upon feel good rhetoric as if you are doing any good. The results don't support your claims as individual responsibilities exist and if you don't want the virus you don't need federal, state, or local mandates to prevent getting it, just practice what you want mandated as what you want mandated violates due process

See, in your American conservative mind liberal=socialist. It's clear that you didn't even bother to open the link I provided which might have educated you.

See, in your American conservative mind liberal=socialist. It's clear that you didn't even bother to open the link I provided which might have educated you.

I then have given you the same consideration you have given me on the links to the Federal budget, links to the unemployment, links to Gross Domestic Product all official documents that trump your partisan articles and leftwing rants

I continue to post the daily CV results which again you ignore that although the number of infections are rising, recoveries are rising and the death rate to infections continues to drop. Your country has only one way to go from 14%

I then have given you the same consideration you have given me on the links to the Federal budget, links to the unemployment, links to Gross Domestic Product all official documents that trump your partisan articles and leftwing rants

I continue to post the daily CV results which again you ignore that although the number of infections are rising, recoveries are rising and the death rate to infections continues to drop. Your country has only one way to go from 14%

Yes, that "way" is down as our declining rates of infection and death clearly demonstrate.

Back
Top Bottom