• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas governor says coronavirus spreading at 'unacceptable rate;' experts warn of Fourth of July

So you claim, 14% has what way to go?

The claim is substantiated by data. Whether it's number of cases or morality rates, other countries are faring better. The good news is thus far we haven't returned to our peak numbers, but the recent spikes have prevented us seeing similar results.

The claim is substantiated by data. Whether it's number of cases or morality rates, other countries are faring better. The good news is thus far we haven't returned to our peak numbers, but the recent spikes have prevented us seeing similar results.

Other countries are irrelevant to what is going on in this nation, you want to live in those countries and give up the freedoms you have here? GO for it!!

Other countries are irrelevant to what is going on in this nation, you want to live in those countries and give up the freedoms you have here? GO for it!!

Sure they're relevant. People travel from this country to others, and vice versa. What freedoms would I be giving up if I moved to another industrialized nation? It is in my long term plan though.

Coronavirus Spreading At ‘Unacceptable Rate’ In Texas, Governor Says

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott pleaded for residents to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines, but offered little in terms of additional state action while speaking at a news conference Monday, which was called because nearly every major metric for detecting coronavirus spread shows that Texas is heading in the wrong direction."

Well, as the Governor he could actually, you know, do some stuff. But I guess saving lives is a bridge too far.

Abbott knows that another lockdown could result in Texas no longer being a red state.
How did Cuomo in NY get away with so many dying in nursing homes and in NY City?
Why wasn't he criticized for so many dying from Covid-19?

I've got a Guv that's taking a conservative tack with the virus. I'm very comfortable with this. He is doing a very regimented & detailed opening, using the guidance of several of our top universities. So we're basically all working together in safely & responsibly freeing ourselves from the virus bondage.

But, you never know. The (TX) citizenry may get nervous enough to wear masks & social distance without a directive. I would hope so. Human life depends upon it, and so does the economy.

There will be millions of stupid humans who do not care to wear masks in crowded conditions.
There won't be further lockdowns unless we start seeing images of more bodies piling up in hallways and at mortuaries ready to be incinerated. That may yet come.

My county in Texas will be under a mandatory mask order come Friday. Some Texas counties are already under a mandatory mask order. About time.
And Abbott came-out promoting mask usage, too. How about that? You guys are getting Bluer by the day, aren't you?

:2razz:

And Abbott came-out promoting mask usage, too. How about that? You guys are getting Bluer by the day, aren't you?

:2razz:

The demographics here are certainly changing. And the GOP isn't exactly trying to court the Hispanic community right now.

It is a shame that we have to order people to use common sense. I guess we need an executive order don't put the gun to your head and pull the trigger next. Then we have all these protestors and even the president holding a rally. I guess the statement you can't fix stupid applies.
Well, you can't assume every member of the public will fully grasp & understand their technical situation, nor can you depend upon them to always act in the best interest of society. It would be nice to have a society without laws, but that's not reality.

We have a **** ton of voters that can't do math during a pandemic.

It is a shame that we have to order people to use common sense. I guess we need an executive order don't put the gun to your head and pull the trigger next. Then we have all these protestors and even the president holding a rally. I guess the statement you can't fix stupid applies.

"le sense commun, n'est pas si commun"

- Voltaire

:)

You keep bringing up Trump as a Draft Dodger, Biden dodged the Draft, Obama dodged the draft, you have a double standard and no credibility.

Easy lies to debunk:

- Biden failed the health exam due to documented earlier teenage asthma. Biden lied to you when he declared that he played varsity football in college. Funny how you Trump supporters would rather protect Biden's lie because it helps you defend your actual draft-dodger.

- Obama graduated high school in 1979. There simply was no draft to dodge. The last draft order was signed in 1972, with he last drawing for the lottery being on March 12, 1975. You argue that 14-year old Barrack Obama, in the ninth grade, dodged the draft? Oh, wait, FOX didn't tell that there is a birth certificate, huh?

Clearly, neither "dodged" the draft. Your haste to protect Trump from his own clearly documented draft-dodging history, post graduation, even has you protecting Biden as a proven liar. How pathetic is this? I guess we can add an attempt to protect Biden and an attempt to age Obama to your needs to alter economic data on your list of what you will do to preserve your delusions of Trump. From this, you dare accuse me of having no integrity? I'm sure you had to google the word in order to be able to spell the word.

Hey, ElChupacabra, see what I mean about how easy he makes it?

You have proven that you have no understanding of data...

Yet, I'm not the one altering the data to fit a delusion. Clearly, I understand it well. And clearly, you understand it enough to know that the unaltered data shatters your designer delusion. This is why you alter it.

This is also why when the GDP began to prove exactly how wrong you have always been, you shifted to the idea that currency exchange only matters. Yet, even here you fail because currency exchange has everything to do with the strength of local currency as applied to the health of global markets and the health of a globalized economy, something you consistently pretend has no effect on the American dollar and American GDP. Again, he inherited this, just like Biden will inherit. You fumble about in circles, trying in vain to brand bankrupt-prone Trump as an economic genius, only to come back to the same place: Trump inherited this economy, artificially boosted it with irresponsible tax cuts for a year, and then could do nothing as it naturally settled back into place in 2019. The grand result is a 2020 year when the U.S. government could have used all that absent billions that he gave corporate investors, who fired America as soon as they could when the stock market began to trip.

Again, the question that a wise person would ponder is how better the GDP might look in 2019 had he not artificially tampered with it in 2018 to provide a quick cash scheme for his own elites. Again, pretend conservative....

Facts from the balance that reports the annual U.S. GDP going back to 1929:

2008: -0.1%
2009: -2.5%
2010: 2.6%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
2013: 1.8%
2014: 2.5%
2015: 2.9%
2016: 1.6%
2017: 2.4%
2018: 2.9%
2019: 2.3%

Facts from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis, showing the U.S. Real GDP Growth Rate:

2008: -2.75%
2009: -0.18%
2010: 2.57%
2011: 1.61%
2012: 1.47%
2013: 2.61%
2014: 2.88%
2015: 1.90%
2016: 2.03%
2017: 2.80%
2018: 2.52%
2019: 2.29%

There is no spin to be made with these empirically proven facts. These numbers exist in a world where multiple things affect them. A single individual, such as the President of the United States, can only affect a temporary number or a distant trend. And example of a temporary number would be what we saw in 2010 and again in 2017. A distant trend may have started with Trump's 2017 Tax-Cut and Jobs Act. The GDP for 2019 was lower than five previous years, but puts the trend back on track. The consequence has been ever more bonds to China, exponential massive debt, and less government revenue from billion-dollar corporations.

In the meantime, Trump whines about China as the enemy while encouraging the Treasury to borrow ever more from China to satisfy his life-long economic policy of not caring about debt. And why would he? He simply goes to the bank and gets more. This American bill he leaves to you. And you kiss his ass for it. You understand **** because you see all of this through partisan tinted glasses.

The demographics here are certainly changing. And the GOP isn't exactly trying to court the Hispanic community right now.
I was blown away that Beto was reasonably competitive against Cruz! Wha??? Beto's even too liberal for many of us Northerners! And Texans were looking at him? Huh?

I see Beto as an empty suit t-shirt. But he blew it. He should not have been self-centered & big-headed and run for Pres. He could have forced John Cornyn to defend his seat. That might have been an interesting race. And who knows? Right?

Last edited:
I have no hatred of the left just the radical left that for some reason you now support.

This is also a clear lie. The idea that you people see a difference between "the left" and leftists has always just been a tactic to pretend that you all are deep in thought. You always default to denigrating terms for absolutely anybody who swims on the left. Everybody eventually just becomes fascists, communists, or just wanting to destroy the country. Your entire source of support for who is clearly already going down as one of our nation's very worst Presidents is your irrational hatred for "the left." You have a clear irrational hatred for Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, Warran, and pretty much anybody who is a Democrat. You see all news and facts as a matter of fake or worthy of dismissal if it doesn't meet with your delusions. But you also display a clear disdain for McCain, Romney, and anybody else on the right who won't tow the radical line.

Your hatred is well defined and it is consistent of what is found among the alt-right, where Trump supporters began journeying towards even before Trump came along to court you. The fact that you have been caught lying for Trump is a clear indication of who you are. Even Trump declared the Wall Street Journal, a center-right source, fake news; and he even criticized FOX News for "not working for us anymore" when it dared present a national poll that showed that America wanted an impeachment investigation. You sit so far to the right that even the center-right is "the left."

You are so caught up in the radical right-wing mindset that you can't even appreciate Reagan for what he historically was.

Results matter, and the fact that you cannot compete in the private sector is evident.

First, if results mattered you would not lie about the economy. You may as well finally stop this default nonsense. You don't care about results.

Second, what does the private sector have to do with anything? Trump is not a CEO in a private business. Again you default to making the same stupid remarks. The idea that you can ignore Trump's history of bankruptcies and failed businesses shows that you haven't the ability to even measure success in the private sector.

I use official data from bea.gov(Treasury) and bls.gov(employment)....

Which is how you got caught lying about it. We all use these sources.

...along with my private sector experience that understands incentive and the true role of the federal gov't.

Um...to issue bail-outs to mismanaged banks and private industry? Your idea of government's "true" role isn't shared by those you blindly support. And as you are taxed, billion-dollar corporations no longer are. You may want to discover what you actually believe in and replace your idols.

Have no idea what branch of the military you served in but I served, my dad served, my father in law served and there isn't a good service person today who could support Biden, Obama, or Hillary.

Well, it states my Branch in every single post, so this is another lie.

The idea that "a good service person could not support" any of those three is just yet another stupid comment that is predicated on your own irrational hatreds and need to defend a man like Trump. Half of the military, as of December of 2019, disapproved of Trump. Beyond this:

- General James Mattis described Trump as a threat to the Constitution. .

- General Colin Powell declared that Trump has drifted away from the Constitution..

- General Mark Milley expressed his friction with Trump.

- General John Kelley called Trump "an idiot" and said he thought the president was "unhinged."

But, along with surely over half of the military by now, I guess these four Generals aren't good service persons. One must blindly suck deep on any Republican to be a good service person, huh? Once again you prove where on the spectrum you Trump supporters sit. Whatever you were in the past, you have betrayed it so that you can blindly support a draft-dodger who has clear disdain for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the military.

There will be millions of stupid humans who do not care to wear masks in crowded conditions.
There won't be further lockdowns unless we start seeing images of more bodies piling up in hallways and at mortuaries ready to be incinerated. That may yet come.
Interesting as I came across your post, I just found-out that Abbott is officially hitting 'pause' on Texas' re-opening.

Sure they're relevant. People travel from this country to others, and vice versa. What freedoms would I be giving up if I moved to another industrialized nation? It is in my long term plan though.

The freedom to make choices good and bad ones. You want to force your values on others who are exercising their right to ignore you doing nothing to harm you as you control whether or not you get the virus

Coronavirus Spreading At ‘Unacceptable Rate’ In Texas, Governor Says

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott pleaded for residents to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines, but offered little in terms of additional state action while speaking at a news conference Monday, which was called because nearly every major metric for detecting coronavirus spread shows that Texas is heading in the wrong direction."

Well, as the Governor he could actually, you know, do some stuff. But I guess saving lives is a bridge too far.

Shocking!

Easy lies to debunk:

- Biden failed the health exam due to documented earlier teenage asthma. Facts from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis, showing the U.S. Real GDP Growth Rate:

2008: -2.75%
2009: -0.18%
2010: 2.57%
2011: 1.61%
2012: 1.47%
2013: 2.61%
2014: 2.88%
2015: 1.90%
2016: 2.03%
2017: 2.80%
2018: 2.52%
2019: 2.29%

There is no spin to be made with these empirically proven facts. These numbers exist in a world where multiple things affect them. A single individual, such as the President of the United States, can only affect a temporary number or a distant trend. And example of a temporary number would be what we saw in 2010 and again in 2017. A distant trend may have started with Trump's 2017 Tax-Cut and Jobs Act. The GDP for 2019 was lower than five previous years, but puts the trend back on track. The consequence has been ever more bonds to China, exponential massive debt, and less government revenue from billion-dollar corporations.

In the meantime, Trump whines about China as the enemy while encouraging the Treasury to borrow ever more from China to satisfy his life-long economic policy of not caring about debt. And why would he? He simply goes to the bank and gets more. This American bill he leaves to you. And you kiss his ass for it. You understand **** because you see all of this through partisan tinted glasses.

There you go again, nothing you posted refutes the data I gave you as you continue to focus on percentage change, reality sucks, doesn't it. Do you have any concept as to the difference between 2% growth on a 20 trillion dollar economy has vs a 2% growth on a 22 trillion dollar economy? Dollars matter except to you

As for Biden name for me any successful program he has created and implemented that has helped you or the American people?

Trump has taken on China which you want to ignore, what was Biden/Obama's policy towards China?

The freedom to make choices good and bad ones.

People fail in other industrialized nations as well, and have very similar freedoms to ours.

You want to force your values on others who are exercising their right to ignore you doing nothing to harm you as you control whether or not you get the virus

Disease prevention measures aren't values, they're simply a means to avoid the spread of contagious disease. The latter doesn't give a toss about anyone's ideologies and political leans; you are either a host or not. You continue to ignore that the actions everyone takes become a collective response to a collective threat for the point I just mentioned. Not everyone is willing to risk death for partisan reasons.

This is also a clear lie. The idea that you people see a difference between "the left" and leftists has always just been a tactic to pretend that you all are deep in thought. You always default to denigrating terms for absolutely anybody who swims on the left. Everybody eventually just becomes fascists, communists, or just wanting to destroy the country. Your entire source of support for who is clearly already going down as one of our nation's very worst Presidents is your irrational hatred for "the left." You have a clear irrational hatred for Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, Warran, and pretty much anybody who is a Democrat. You see all news and facts as a matter of fake or worthy of dismissal if it doesn't meet with your delusions. But you also display a clear disdain for McCain, Romney, and anybody else on the right who won't tow the radical line.

Your hatred is well defined and it is consistent of what is found among the alt-right, where Trump supporters began journeying towards even before Trump came along to court you. The fact that you have been caught lying for Trump is a clear indication of who you are. Even Trump declared the Wall Street Journal, a center-right source, fake news; and he even criticized FOX News for "not working for us anymore" when it dared present a national poll that showed that America wanted an impeachment investigation. You sit so far to the right that even the center-right is "the left."

You are so caught up in the radical right-wing mindset that you can't even appreciate Reagan for what he historically was.

First, if results mattered you would not lie about the economy. You may as well finally stop this default nonsense. You don't care about results.

Second, what does the private sector have to do with anything? Trump is not a CEO in a private business. Again you default to making the same stupid remarks. The idea that you can ignore Trump's history of bankruptcies and failed businesses shows that you haven't the ability to even measure success in the private sector.

Which is how you got caught lying about it. We all use these sources.

Um...to issue bail-outs to mismanaged banks and private industry? Your idea of government's "true" role isn't shared by those you blindly support. And as you are taxed, billion-dollar corporations no longer are. You may want to discover what you actually believe in and replace your idols.

Well, it states my Branch in every single post, so this is another lie.

The idea that "a good service person could not support" any of those three is just yet another stupid comment that is predicated on your own irrational hatreds and need to defend a man like Trump. Half of the military, as of December of 2019, disapproved of Trump. Beyond this:

- General James Mattis described Trump as a threat to the Constitution. .

ut, along with surely over half of the military by now, I guess these four Generals aren't good service persons. One must blindly suck deep on any Republican to be a good service person, huh? Once again you prove where on the spectrum you Trump supporters sit. Whatever you were in the past, you have betrayed it so that you can blindly support a draft-dodger who has clear disdain for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the military.

Individual opinions never trump the official results generated, Stop writing novels, they are worthless and don't trump official results. You keep buying what the left tells you ignoring that the silent majority doesn't buy your bull**** or theirs.

What specific thing has Trump done that has hurt you, your family or the country? Better wake up before it is too late to say you are sorry if you are mature enough to do so. Opinions that Trump is a threat to the Constitution are radical, how has Trump violated the Constitution and don't give me any more leftwing bull**** for in this country one is innocent until proven guilty

People fail in other industrialized nations as well, and have very similar freedoms to ours.

Disease prevention measures aren't values, they're simply a means to avoid the spread of contagious disease. The latter doesn't give a toss about anyone's ideologies and political leans; you are either a host or not. You continue to ignore that the actions everyone takes become a collective response to a collective threat for the point I just mentioned. Not everyone is willing to risk death for partisan reasons.

Then there is nothing preventing you from leaving and moving there. You obviously don't get it and never will, YOU CONTROL WHETHER OR NOT YOU GET THE VIRUS!!!!!!

That liberal hoax has you convinced that Trump is the enemy, he isn't, liberalism is, it is a fraud that has sold you and others like you while doing nothing but creating dependence.

Yes, liberalism, the very thing your country revolves around, is your enemy. Here, you prove exactly what you are, as described in my Post # 291, which is simply an irrational radical with dreams of right-wing autocratic governance. Here, you prove again that you do indeed base your opinions on irrational hatred. Aside from exaggerated partisanship, you have no defense for why you hate anybody on the left. You are simply among the legion of former conservatives who have allowed themselves to be so easily manipulated by radical right-wing politics that your loyalty to country means nothing. Or is this just another thing you failed to think through before you posted? Notice that once again you choose to avoid defending Trump and default to nonsense, lashing about, and whining about your delusions of what you think "the left" is. You are broken record.

I will help you again with your own accusation: Yes, welfare can and does create dependency in plenty. This is common sense. We can see even today, after Trump issued checks with money our government no longer has, that plenty don;t see an urgency to get back to work. No, it does not create dependency in all who are simple tax payers and on their ass temporarily. We can see even today, that plenty do want to get back to work. You currently blindly support a President who rushed to Pelosi for a social program the moment he was forced to see the reality of this virus on March 13. You also blindly support a radical right-wing party that has signaled to non-tax paying corporations everywhere that they may depend on government bail outs for their mismanagement. Congratulations on your quest to remain obtuse.

I do enjoy the idea that everything simply becomes a liberal hoax to so-called conservatives whenever their delusional bubbles get threatened:

- Global Warming? Oh...uh...liberal hoax! **** you science! Down with the ship.

- Coronavirus? Oh...uh...liberal hoax! **** you science! Down with the ship. (How's Houston doing with that hoax?)

- Black President? Oh...uh...birth certificate and liberal hoax! **** you, um, record keepers! Down with the ship.

Given the state of affairs in terms of conservative beliefs, you people really believe in nothing anymore. Just about all your long-expired ideologies have been shattered, some by even those you choose to represent you. How did Trickle-Down look during the Great Recession and during this virus? How did the Neo-Con idea of ready-made democracy look in Iraq? This is why you people cling to right-wing instigated conspiracies about birth certificates, pizza parlor enslavement rings, and Biden distractions. You really have nothing left but a fantasy about the left coming for your guns, and abortion. This is your identity now and much of your hatred is rooted in your own bitterness for the path you all choose to stubbornly walk.

Trump, as a plutocrat, obnoxious friend to global autocrats, and clear foreign asset to oligarchs, is an enemy of the country. You have Generals now declaring him an enemy of the Constitution. The man even tried to use a foreign government to create dirt on a political rival in order to aid him in an American re-election. Whether or not the likes of you calls that treason is beside the fact. Even with Trump admitting to it, you still choose to exaggerate liberals as the enemy and pretend that Biden, Pelosi, Clinton, and Obama is the source of all that is evil. ****ing joke.

Trump is a clearly documented disaster on every single level and your only response is to ask him to **** on your face because you are petrified of "the left."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom