• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to skip NRA convention, return to Uvalde, instead

The gun nuts will call him cucked but it was a no-brainer move.
I’m interested in the reception Gov. Abbott receives in Uvalde.

Very smart move by the Governor. The optics would have been horrendous. And it seems that others are cancelling their participation, mostly entertainers.

The NRA should really consider cancelling this event altogether and rescheduling it for later in the year.

I wonder if Trump will cancel his appearance or if he will release a statement calling out Abbott as weak for giving in the the 'leftist mob?'

For those of us (myself included) who would have eviscerated him for attending the conference, we can’t also criticize him for making the right choice and skipping it. Hopefully the NRA can read the tea leaves and either move or postpone the conference in totality.

I wonder if Trump will cancel his appearance or if he will release a statement calling out Abbott as weak for giving in the the 'leftist mob?'

I just posted a thread wondering what Trump would say today, 8 years after he said Obama spoke for him (after Sandy Hook).

Since he is always performing for his drooling fans on the right, he will likely call Abbott a *****.

That thought never crossed my mind, but then I don't suffer from TDS. :)

19 school kids gunned down. Skip one event.

Kind of a weird trade-off huh?

Naw, you just suffer from projection syndrome. 🤪
Here, allow me to educate you.

Projection is a defense mechanism in which an individual recognizes their unacceptable traits or impulses in someone else to avoid recognizing those traits or impulses in themselves subconsciously.
Although, I can't rule out having a subconscious TDS it would be highly unlikely. :p

No happening. That would be too direct a connection between the mass shooting and NRA activities. If they wouldn't cancel their meeting after the Columbine shooting (especially considering it's proximity to that shooting), they won't cancel this one.
There is no connection

Unfortunately, for this portion of society, all too often, the conception of strength is outwardly instead of inwardly focused. Whereas some would consider strength to be a character issue, all too often people conceive of strength as being unbending and belligerent, which is the more barbaric conception in my mind.
Belligerence = cowardance.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting? This is probably the gist of it...

"Sir, you can attend many more NRA functions."

Unfortunately, for this portion of society, all too often, the conception of strength is outwardly instead of inwardly focused. Whereas some would consider strength to be a character issue, all too often people conceive of strength as being unbending and belligerent, which is the more barbaric conception in my mind.
Since I've never been a member of (nor will become one) the NRA, I can't speak for other members. It seems that many of them that were scheduled for appearances at the convention have cancelled them. That, imo, shows some strength. It's the organization leaders themselves that need to step up to the plate. They can at the very least reschedule the event. Afterall, many performing artists are able to reschedule their concerts and the fans will still go to see them at the rescheduled concert.

Oh this is just too hilarious....

No doubt they won't. I believe they should. You can still believe in your principles, but one principle should take priority and that is showing sympathy and respect after children have been killed.
Let us know when Ted Cruz cancels his appearance or Donald Trump for that matter.

Let us know when Ted Cruz cancels his appearance or Donald Trump for that matter.
Frankly, I don't give a shit if they do or don't. You asking me to do that has no relevance to anything I've said in this thread. I consider it just trolling me.

Massacre Merchants

Are they allowing attendees to enter armed?
Of course not. One of the more crazy members might shoot someone.

Massacre Merchants

Nothing shows the purpose of the NRA better than this. A mouthpiece for the gun industry.

They have the 2nd Amendment posted in their lobby. What do you notice about it?

1653673084299.png

Back
Top Bottom