• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump after Dropping .............

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump After Dropping Trump University Investigation | RedState
Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump after Dropping Trump University Investigation…..

Remember Pam Bondi, the Florida Attorney General who failed to open up an investigation into fraud charges against Trump University in 2013, only to have it discovered that in September of that year, the Donald J. Trump Foundation had donated $25,000 to her PAC?...................

………….. The Associated Press is reporting that Texas Governor Greg Abbott received a $35,000 donation to his gubernatorial campaign from Trump, sometime after dropping a probe into Trump University, back in 2010, when Abbott was still the Texas Attorney General.
AP: Greg Abbott Given $35K Campaign Donation by Trump after Trump University Probe Dropped

I wonder how many other states AG’s have been bought off by Con man Trump not to bring fraud charges against Trump’s “get rich quick” university scam……….

Re: Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump after Dropping ...........

Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump After Dropping Trump University Investigation | RedState
Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump after Dropping Trump University Investigation…..

Remember Pam Bondi, the Florida Attorney General who failed to open up an investigation into fraud charges against Trump University in 2013, only to have it discovered that in September of that year, the Donald J. Trump Foundation had donated $25,000 to her PAC?...................

………….. The Associated Press is reporting that Texas Governor Greg Abbott received a $35,000 donation to his gubernatorial campaign from Trump, sometime after dropping a probe into Trump University, back in 2010, when Abbott was still the Texas Attorney General.
AP: Greg Abbott Given $35K Campaign Donation by Trump after Trump University Probe Dropped

I wonder how many other states AG’s have been bought off by Con man Trump not to bring fraud charges against Trump’s “get rich quick” university scam……….

Abbott dropped the case in 2010 and didn't make the decision to run for Governor until after then governor Rick Perry announced in 2013 that he would not seek reelection.

So if I understand this correctly, there was 3 years between Abbott dropping the case and his decision to run for the vacant governors seat. It's difficult for me to view Trump's contribution as a quid pro quo, when his running for governor was likely based on Perry's decision 3 years later.

It could very well be a quid pro quo thing, but the 3 year gap leads me to doubt it... I would suspect that Trump's motive for the donation was based on the case being dropped, but at this point it's a stretch to assume that a future political donation was abbott's reason for dropping the case.

We'll see how this unfolds.

Re: Texas Gov. Abbott Received $35,000 Donation from Trump after Dropping ...........

Abbott dropped the case in 2010 and didn't make the decision to run for Governor until after then governor Rick Perry announced in 2013 that he would not seek reelection.

So if I understand this correctly, there was 3 years between Abbott dropping the case and his decision to run for the vacant governors seat. It's difficult for me to view Trump's contribution as a quid pro quo, when his running for governor was likely based on Perry's decision 3 years later.

It could very well be a quid pro quo thing, but the 3 year gap leads me to doubt it... I would suspect that Trump's motive for the donation was based on the case being dropped, but at this point it's a stretch to assume that a future political donation was abbott's reason for dropping the case.

Talk about a quid pro quo....

Clinton foundation's Sweden fundraising arm cashed in as Stockholm lobbied Hillary on sanctions - Washington Times

Unfortunately.............it will (Along with the several states AG's who stopped looking into the Trump University fraud......) go nowhere.........

REALLY............More fuzzy thinking from our RW folks using a news organ of the Unification Church leader Sun Myung Moon......

BTW

Did you know the WT is published as a broadsheet.............a free one sheet throw away............. Not what one might expect what a responsible and reliable news source might be......... But I bet you did not know that and/or bother to check the quality of your sources...........

Back
Top Bottom