• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Texas - going blue?

Of its definitely hurting those who have lived here all their life... They get all excited when they here what the house that bought for $200K 20 years ago will sell for.... until they find out that if they are buying in the same market they will be PAYING that for a new home...

Ohh I know...

By the way I found the link and posted it as an edit to the post your quoted

And I checked TX population density is still 101 people/ square mile compared to CA's 246/square mile.

But I think, that perhaps TX has something that it will help in the long run. It is not an attractive destination for European and Asian wealthy foreigners who still prefer the CA "lifestyle" and are willing to invest a lot of money in the CA housing market. My area is near Stanford, and there was no way that you could buy a house or apartment here without paying in cash. I am talking about 1.4 million in cash for a medium size apartment. Up at least the CV pandemic, foreign investments, especially from upper income Chinese nationals was a big factor for the increased demand and housing prices in the area.

Wrong!

They were leaving Pre COVID(sigh)

They were leaving because of the ridiculous taxes in Calif.

There were leaving because of all the regulation on housing ect...
They were leaving because it's too expensive. Supply and Demand fail.

California is a great example of how vulturistic capitalism can be.

You mean the DEMOCRAT Legislators in Calif is this?

You mean the DEMOCRAT Legislators in Calif is this?
Politicians didn't make the supply and demand rules of capitalism. Try again.

If you're talking housing Regulation on building new housing is the cause?
It can definitely play a part in the prices. Especially in Cali where you need to make earthquake code. Or do you think mexican shanty towns should be the norm?

Politicians didn't make the supply and demand rules of capitalism. Try again.
Politicians didn't make the supply and demand rules of capitalism

But environmentalist and politicians do(wink)

It can definitely play a part in the prices. Especially in Cali where you need to make earthquake code. Or do you think mexican shanty towns should be the norm?

Our MANDATORY solar panels?

Or high cost of permits a Builder has to endure and passes that cost to the purchases?

Or communities get politicians to not build at all?

Yeppers!

Ohh I know...

By the way I found the link and posted it as an edit to the post your quoted

And I checked TX population density is still 101 people/ square mile compared to CA's 246/square mile.

But I think, that perhaps TX has something that it will help in the long run. It is not an attractive destination for European and Asian wealthy foreigners who still prefer the CA "lifestyle" and are willing to invest a lot of money in the CA housing market. My area is near Stanford, and there was no way that you could buy a house or apartment here without paying in cash. I am talking about 1.4 million in cash for a medium size apartment. Up at least the CV pandemic, foreign investments, especially from upper income Chinese nationals was a big factor for the increased demand and housing prices in the area.

Here is an example of what $1.1M buys in the Dallas area... 4,782 square feet

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 12.32.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 12.33.03 PM.png

That's how I felt about Michigan and PA supposedly being swing states every election when they always went blue, then 2016 happened ...
then 2016 happened ...

Well Trump wasn't a Conservative

Trump made unions cool for conservatives

*sigh*

Here is an example of what $1.1M buys in the Dallas area... 4,782 square feet

View attachment 67300185

View attachment 67300186

And the bad Crime rate in Dallas they can get for free?

Our MANDATORY solar panels?

Or high cost of permits a Builder has to endure and passes that cost to the purchases?

Or communities get politicians to not build at all?

Yeppers!
Now you have a problem with democracy?

I'm sure you'd vote for no permit requirements so that a trailer park pops up right next to your house and drags it's value into the depths.

People vote to protect their property and values. That's how our capitalism works. Now you are railing against capitalism and democracy.

Well Trump wasn't a Conservative

Trump made unions cool for conservatives

*sigh*
Oh bullshit. Police unions only. And they were always conservative.

I'm sure you'd vote for no permit requirements so that a trailer park pops up right next to your house and drags it's value into the depths.

People vote to protect their property and values. That's how our capitalism works. Now you are railing against capitalism and democracy.

Uh yeah....

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.”

–Montesquieu, Spirit of the laws, 1748.

And the bad Crime rate in Dallas they can get for free?

In Southlake? Lmao... I heard they had a shootout with bobcat last week..

RCP has TX squarely in Red territory.

View attachment 67300146

But ...

(1) Latest poll there is pretty old from 10/5 - 10/6 by *cough* Rasmussen.

(2) Something is going on with early voting in TX. It's ahead of rest of the states in its turnout vs 2016.

43.2% of 2016 votes have already voted in TX. This is by far ahead of all other swing states.

Second one ahead of TX is ... no other than Georgia with 34.5%. MN, WI, MI, NC are all close to 30%. Then come FL (25%), OH (18%) and last PA (dismal, at only 11%).

I wonder if newly coming TX polls will start showing significant change toward Biden...
538 are better statisticians.

Trump up by only a point and a half.

Cornyn's lead is within margin of error

Uh yeah....

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.”

–Montesquieu, Spirit of the laws, 1748.
Well I thought you might approach the topic rationally but instead you wanted to play politics of "THEIR LEAVING BECAUSE ITS RUN BY DA DEMS!!!!!" partisan bs. And you went into apeshit nut territory to try and make that partisan slant. So much so it was rather easy to point out where you negativity leads to.

Well I thought you might approach the topic rationally but instead you wanted to play politics of "THEIR LEAVING BECAUSE ITS RUN BY DA DEMS!!!!!" partisan bs. And you went into apeshit nut territory to try and make that partisan slant. So much so it was rather easy to point out where you negativity leads to.
"THEIR LEAVING BECAUSE ITS RUN BY DA DEMS!!!!!" partisan bs.

No, just facts

I am not partisan

Back
Top Bottom