• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Texas - going blue?

leftist like Noam Chomsky, who has a guy paying him Homage on this very board while claiming he’s a catholic and moderate, defended the Cambodia genocide

You should ask Chomsky why he chose that name. I did. It was not to pay homage.

Maybe one more time

Yes, the guns that matter(wink)
I pegged you as more of an "All Guns Matter" kind of guy but I guess you think some guns matter more than others.

I pegged you as more of an "All Guns Matter" kind of guy but I guess you think some guns matter more than others.

Sure do, especially when/if the SHTF

Republicans: "Democrats are fleeing California HA HA!!"
Me, every time: "Yes, and they're going to Texas for their cheap real estate and turning the state blue."
Republicans, every time: "GodDAMMIT!"
I remember conversing with a con way back in the day who was bragging about how all these californians were leaving cali for texas and how that would solidify texas' red status. Until I reminded him that when people leave cali for texas and they cross the texas state line, they don't suddenly change into a conservative.

Republicans: "Democrats are fleeing California HA HA!!"
Me, every time: "Yes, and they're going to Texas for their cheap real estate and turning the state blue."
Republicans, every time: "GodDAMMIT!"

I was talking with a "luxury" builder here yesterday... Every house they have under construction is sold with multiple backup offers... These are homes in the $650K-$750K range..

From my experience (know lots and lots of people in residential real estate here) the people who are moving here are doing it for cost of living by and large. There are a few who move here because of the "libs" in California but most are moving because of cost of living and jobs. With remote work now really taking off, the Dallas area is popular because you can fly direct to just about anywhere from here. American Airlines and Southwest are both headquartered in Dallas.

There are a few who move here because of the "libs" in California but most are moving because of cost of living and jobs.

Yes, Libs effect "cost of Living"

I was talking with a "luxury" builder here yesterday... Every house they have under construction is sold with multiple backup offers... These are homes in the $650K-$750K range..

Of course, because in parts of CA $650K-$750K won't even get you a tear down. Moving away is like going back in time -- suddenly your 2020 bank account gets to buy stuff at 1980 prices!

Of course, because in parts of CA $650K-$750K won't even get you a tear down. Moving away is like going back in time -- suddenly your 2020 bank account gets to buy stuff at 1980 prices!

Those from California are always shocked at what $750K can buy here.... Of course, home prices are rising very fast... Great time to be a seller...

A scenario please of when/if the SHTF?
Well, for example, we could put an authoritarian orange Russian stooge in charge of the federal government. Even the most unlikely things sometimes do occur.

I have posted a link in another thread from the TX comptroller, explaining how increase of influx starts having a significant impact on housing cost which can threaten the traditional TX advantage of low living cost. And TX population density is still like half of CA's (IIRC)

Edit: Found it

Houses here in New Mexico are sold super fast already too.

Yeah... but... but why are they leaving?

I have posted a link in another thread from the TX comptroller, explaining how increase of influx starts having a significant impact on housing cost which can threaten the traditional TX advantage of low living cost. And TX population density is still like half of CA's (IIRC)

Of its definitely hurting those who have lived here all their life... They get all excited when they here what the house that bought for $200K 20 years ago will sell for.... until they find out that if they are buying in the same market they will be PAYING that for a new home...

wider open spaces where population density doesn't spread covid so easily. Telecommuting allows for it.

See my various posts above. Suddenly many don't have to live in a specific location in order to keep the same paycheck, in which case there are all kinds of reasons to move (family, cost of living, culture, etc.). And by moving they can avoid the FTB devouring a big chunk of their income. And the fires have actually had a big effect -- year after year of days or weeks when you're not supposed to go outside because of the poisoned air is demoralizing. And a subset (not all by any means) feel that the left is getting too much control in CA and want to live somewhere that feels more normal.

wider open spaces where population density doesn't spread covid so easily. Telecommuting allows for it.

Wrong!

They were leaving Pre COVID(sigh)

They were leaving because of the ridiculous taxes in Calif.

There were leaving because of all the regulation on housing ect...

See my various posts above. Suddenly many don't have to live in a specific location in order to keep the same paycheck, in which case there are all kinds of reasons to move (family, cost of living, culture, etc.). And by moving they can avoid the FTB devouring a big chunk of their income. And the fires have actually had a big effect -- year after year of days or weeks when you're not supposed to go outside because of the poisoned air is demoralizing. And a subset (not all by any means) feel that the left is getting too much control in CA and want to live somewhere that feels more normal.

Dude, Californians have been leaving for years!

*sigh*

So I guess you never bought gas in Calif?(LOL)

So I guess you never bought gas in Calif?(LOL)
California is a great example of how vulturistic capitalism can be.

Back
Top Bottom