• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Gets AAA Rating

S&P also gave Enron and AIG a triple A rating...not to mention all those tainted bundled mortgages.

I wouldn't put much stock in S&P ratings.

Sitting here in Dallas I wonder. When I
worked in NYC vs here I had more spendable incom in NYC

I love Texas, but Dallas is the armpit of Texas no doubt.

Crowded, dirty, landlocked and over run by illegals, a distgusting local.

Fort Worth is better but Dallas is just nasty.

S&P also
gave Enron and AIG a triple A rating...not to mention all those tainted bundled mortgages.

I wouldn't put much stock in S&P ratings.

LOL !!

You have not a clue.

S&P gave Fannie and Freddies MBSs a "AAA" rating, the same Fannie and Freddie that offered up 6 ex-executives for a SEC investigation that ended with their convictions for securities fraud.

Fannie started poisoning the market with those securities in 1997, "AAA" rated and privately created securities didn't even exist until 2002.

As it turns out Fannie was the Number one Consumer of those securities, buying up to 40% by 2004.

FFS educate yourself.

s,
Yeah, but they have to live in Louisiana. :2razz:

(Bad on me. Now I'm sounding like someone from California.)

Have you seen property taxes in the blue states? I don't think Louisiana counts as a blue state. Besides, property taxes are a function of municipal and county government. Move out in the country or smaller towns and those taxes go way down.

Where are the aggregate taxes going to be lower? Costa Rica?

Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, New Mexico, Arizona, Pennsylvania........and on and on and on.

The point is that Texas boomed right through the recession and didn't participate in the housing bust. A triumph for Texas fiscal policy. And no, it's not because of Perry, although at least he didn't try to mess things up.

Gosh, it must have killed you to admit that about Bush.

Yes, takers have a harder time of it in Texas. That's a feature, not a bug.
A working class person is not a "taker," as you call it. I "take it" that you have not had working class members in your family. My grandmother grew up in the sticks in Louisiana, no education to speak of, no shoes even. She got married, had 3 sons, husband died. She never had a driver's license (she wouldn't be allowed to vote in some places, now, without that), never had a car, never learned to drive. She started working as a maid in motels and waittressing in diners. She did that for years, always walking to and from her jobs, to support her family. She got rides when she could.

I've seen firsthand what hard working working class people go through. By the time she was 40, she walked stooped over, with knees that required cortisone shots. She finally got her little Social Security (about $250 a month, I think), and Medicare allowed her to get those cortisone shots.

I never heard her put anyone down, like you just did.

She was not a taker. She was not a slacker. She IS America. Not someone like you, who spits on those who he thinks are lower class.

s,
A working class person is not a "taker," as you call it. I "take it" that you have not had working class members in your family. My grandmother grew up in the sticks in Louisiana, no education to speak of, no shoes even. She got married, had 3 sons, husband died. She never had a driver's license (she wouldn't be allowed to vote in some places, now, without that), never had a car, never learned to drive. She started working as a maid in motels and waittressing in diners. She did that for years, always walking to and from her jobs, to support her family. She got rides when she could.

I've seen firsthand what hard working working class people go through. By the time she was 40, she walked stooped over, with knees that required cortisone shots. She finally got her little Social Security (about $250 a month, I think), and Medicare allowed her to get those cortisone shots.

I never heard her put anyone down, like you just did.

She was not a taker. She was not a slacker. She IS America. Not someone like you, who spits on those who he thinks are lower class.

Get off your high horse. I wasn't referring to working people.

Back
Top Bottom