• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Death Penalty for Abortions

The Koch brothers tried to get into politics with the Libertarian Party back in the 80s. They failed. Then they changed their strategy to a long term one.

They got the Supreme Court to change the rules on money in politics. That took them a long time, but then after this they were able to then target other areas, though of course they'd been working on these before.

Right now, with the Koch brother's help, the US is becoming more conservative even though there are less conservatives.

The Republicans have won the popular vote ONCE in a presidential election since the 1980s. Yet they've had half of the US presidents in this time. They've won the popular vote once in a presidential election and they've managed to get half of the Supreme Court justices.

They've gerrymandered so much of the US that the House is more likely to be theirs. The Senate is more likely to be theirs because they have more of the smaller states.

These people are attacking Roe v. Wade more and more because their power is increasing. They know the Senate is needed to appoint Supreme Court justices.

The Republicans have had 99.7 million votes in the last three Senate elections.
The Democrats have had 103.7 million votes in the LAST TWO Senate elections. (124.6 million in the last 3 elections)

And yet the Senate was the body that allowed the Supreme Court to remain Republican.

They're targeting the areas that matter. They don't need a majority. They just need the power.

Good point.

If women, (AND their partners) would maintain even a little "oversight of their bodies" we wouldn't have the Pro-death folks clamoring for abortion on demand.

You've seen this before, but since it's easy enough to cut and paste it again for you, here you go:

Not sure how out of touch with the human race you have to be to believe that people will start choosing to have less sex...one of the most enjoyable, satisfying, and bonding activities on the planet.*

*All thru history...and prehistory...people have had sex when it meant a high risk of death, disease, and social consequences for both men and women. STDs, death during childbirth, being disowned, publicly flogged or otherwise punished, exiled, no chance at decent jobs, etc etc etc...alot of those affected men too.

People are never going to stop enjoying sex and today, with safer, legal options to choose for accidental pregnancies, it's ludicrous to believe they will.

Actually, 68 percent of women of childbearing years in the US use artificial birth control consistently.

Another 22 percent:

-- Cannot become become pregnant due to a medical condition or procedure. (infertile or have been diagnosed as such)
-- Or are currently pregnant and thus are not currently using birth control

That leaves 10 percent who do not use artificial birth control for whatever reason( some may be using the so called rhythm method. Or similar natural methods)

And now for the math:

--80-90% of American couples use birth control/have sex responsibly

--non-surgical birth control is only ~98% effective

--millions of Americans have sex millions and millions of times every day

--this means that there will still be 10s of thousands of accidental pregnancies every day.

Clearly, couples 'maintain' a great deal of 'oversight' over their 'bodies' when choosing to have sex...and the great majority are doing so responsibly.

Please stop posting like you are unaware of these facts...it basically amounts to lying when you pretend you dont.

The last time I posted a mock abortion video ( one done on dolls) I was perma bammed from the forum. With moderator permission I will gladly post what the killing and dismemberment of the unborn looks like so we can all watch it together.

Previously posted:

97.5% of all abortions consist of a pea-sized or smaller unborn being flushed painlessly from the womb.

The rest, later term abortions, are for medically necessary reasons and the unborn is given a lethal injection with anesthetic. It knows and feels nothing. And what happens to it after it is dead doesnt matter. Would you prefer that the woman endure further pain and damage by the removal of an intact fetus(depending on Dr's assessment)? If so, then you just display more of your unChristian hate for women.

There is no pain, no acid, no awareness, no horrors that feed weak minds and enable them to self-indulgently wallow dishonestly in moral outrage.​

Why does the manner of removal matter when the fetus is dead and feels nothing? That's just weak emotional floundering...or is it the use of emotional rhetoric bracing up a weak argument?

You've seen this before, but since it's easy enough to cut and paste it again for you, here you go:

Not sure how out of touch with the human race you have to be to believe that people will start choosing to have less sex...one of the most enjoyable, satisfying, and bonding activities on the planet.*

*All thru history...and prehistory...people have had sex when it meant a high risk of death, disease, and social consequences for both men and women. STDs, death during childbirth, being disowned, publicly flogged or otherwise punished, exiled, no chance at decent jobs, etc etc etc...alot of those affected men too.

People are never going to stop enjoying sex and today, with safer, legal options to choose for accidental pregnancies, it's ludicrous to believe they will.

Actually, 68 percent of women of childbearing years in the US use artificial birth control consistently.

Another 22 percent:

-- Cannot become become pregnant due to a medical condition or procedure. (infertile or have been diagnosed as such)
-- Or are currently pregnant and thus are not currently using birth control

That leaves 10 percent who do not use artificial birth control for whatever reason( some may be using the so called rhythm method. Or similar natural methods)

And now for the math:

--80-90% of American couples use birth control/have sex responsibly

--non-surgical birth control is only ~98% effective

--millions of Americans have sex millions and millions of times every day

--this means that there will still be 10s of thousands of accidental pregnancies every day.

Clearly, couples 'maintain' a great deal of 'oversight' over their 'bodies' when choosing to have sex...and the great majority are doing so responsibly.

Please stop posting like you are unaware of these facts...it basically amounts to lying when you pretend you dont.

I have heard your position, which I decided was self-serving, so I don't read any more of your posts.

I have heard your position, which I decided was self-serving, so I don't read any more of your posts.

Ignorning and denying facts does not make them less factual.

Those are facts that you choose to ignore, not my opinions...that you ignore them and cannot refute them shows exactly how non-existent your own argument is...yours is only based on your emotions.

At least you have been clear on that.

Come back when you have right on your side.

Come back when you have right on your side.

The pro-choice 'side' already does. It means women get to choose...nothing is forced on them immorally or legally.

See? Snarky little one-liners only set you up to fail. This is a discussion forum...emotional outbursts do nothing to 'argue' your position.

Back
Top Bottom