• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas clinics’ lawsuit over abortion ban ‘effectively over’

Abortion rights fall under the privacy umbrella. The TX ban is clearly unconstitutional and flies in the face of established precedents.

Well, it's only unconstitutional if the SCOTUS says so (you said it yourself).

Have they ? NO.

Sorry, but that is polling with regards to the Texas Ban.

Please take your misdirection elsewhere.
LOL. You want oppression... and I would think it does not stop at women. I bet you would like to install a theocracy.

You are the one saying you understand.

Playing the gender card gets you nowhere.
I clearly understand and have supplied facts to support it.

Your posts are just like flail arms about making angry statements.

1647543308553.png

Well, it's only unconstitutional if the SCOTUS says so (you said it yourself).

Have they ? NO.
It hasn't been argued before the SCOTUS yet. Similar laws have been passed and challenged before. Precedent shoes such laws do not stand up to legal challenges.

I clearly understand and have supplied facts to support it. You just flail your arms about making angry statements.

Uh, no you have not.

And I my arms have not moved.

Your interpretation of things is of no significance.

It hasn't been argued before the SCOTUS yet. Similar laws have been passed and challenged before. Precedent shoes such laws do not stand up to legal challenges.

No true.

There are literally hundreds of instances where the SCOTUS has reversed itself.

Which is why abortions rights groups have been so slow to take one to the SCOTUS. They don't want Roe on the block.

Else why do all those hags march on the SCOTUS every year ? What are they afraid of.

PS: Never responded to my question about states rights.

You don't understand the 10th either.

No true.

There are literally hundreds of instances where the SCOTUS has reversed itself.

Which is why abortions rights groups have been so slow to take one to the SCOTUS. They don't want Roe on the block.

Else why do all those hags march on the SCOTUS every year ? What are they afraid of.

PS: Never responded to my question about states rights.

You don't understand the 10th either.
The SCOTUS has never reversed abortion precedents. If anything, they've only been affirmed and expanded upon. Neither has the SCOTUS ever revoked rights once established or acknowledged.

The SCOTUS has never reversed abortion precedents. If anything, they've only been affirmed and expanded upon. Neither has the SCOTUS ever revoked rights once established or acknowledged.

You are correct because there have been few to reverse.

Meanwhile the states continue to hem them in and abortions activists are want to challenge them.

They don't like what could happen with the Texas Ban.

Citizens Unites proves your last statement false.

We'll watch what happens with the Ban.

It's been fun.

Of course, anybody that disagrees with you is ignorant or a woman.

From the forum rules:

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and to respect the rights of others.

You are correct because there have been few to reverse.

Meanwhile the states continue to hem them in and abortions activists are want to challenge them.

They don't like what could happen with the Texas Ban.

Citizens Unites proves your last statement false.
Abortion rights have withstood legal challenges at multiple levels for nearly 50 years.

From the forum rules:

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and to respect the rights of others.
Which you don't do. That is fine. I would suggest that you try to listen to everybody though, even women.

Which you don't do. That is fine. I would suggest that you try to listen to everybody though, even women.

If you can show me where I specifically said I don't listen to women, I'll be happy to correct it.

Abortion rights have withstood legal challenges at multiple levels for nearly 50 years.

Yes, I've heard all this before.

And I've watched certain states slowly make it harder and harder to get one.

From an abortion rights site:

However, since 2010, the U.S. abortion landscape has grown increasingly restrictive as more states adopt laws hostile to abortion rights. Between January 1, 2011 and July 1, 2019, states enacted 483 new abortion restrictions, and these account for nearly 40% of all abortion restrictions enacted by states in the decades since Roe v. Wade. Some of the most common state-level abortion restrictions are parental notification or consent requirements for minors, limitations on public funding, mandated counseling designed to dissuade individuals from obtaining an abortion, mandated waiting periods before an abortion, and unnecessary and overly burdensome regulations on abortion facilities.

How are those challenges going ?

And we should be clear.

I am not necessarily anti-abortion.

I do find the posturing of (if you are anti-abortion, you hate women) some in the pro-abortion crowd to be rather ignorant (that applies to both males and females).

Yes, I've heard all this before.

And I've watched certain states slowly make it harder and harder to get one.

From an abortion rights site:

However, since 2010, the U.S. abortion landscape has grown increasingly restrictive as more states adopt laws hostile to abortion rights. Between January 1, 2011 and July 1, 2019, states enacted 483 new abortion restrictions, and these account for nearly 40% of all abortion restrictions enacted by states in the decades since Roe v. Wade. Some of the most common state-level abortion restrictions are parental notification or consent requirements for minors, limitations on public funding, mandated counseling designed to dissuade individuals from obtaining an abortion, mandated waiting periods before an abortion, and unnecessary and overly burdensome regulations on abortion facilities.

How are those challenges going ?
Of course certain states have tried to infringe on abortion rights. It's an attempt to circumvent the SCOTUS. That's nothing new. States still retain autonomy, but restrictions can only go so far and some have been successfully challenged for creating undue burdens or conflicting with established precedent.

Of course certain states have tried to infringe on abortion rights. It's an attempt to circumvent the SCOTUS. That's nothing new. States still retain autonomy, but restrictions can only go so far and some have been successfully challenged for creating undue burdens or conflicting with established precedent.

Didn't read the paragraph ?

They are not just trying.

They are getting it done.

And it is sticking. That is what the article laments.

And some states have effectively shut abortion down.

Some may have been challenged....but as the article says....overall restrictions are greater.

I am not advocating it....just stating it.

Back
Top Bottom