• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas clinics’ lawsuit over abortion ban ‘effectively over’

Yes, by all means, move to a baby killing state.
More like to a state that respects womens rights.
In addition be sure to take the transgender women who want to compete unfairly against biological women and girls. Put all the rotten eggs in one basket as they say.
Red Herring.
I'm sure that Progressives and extreme liberals will be much happier living in states that allow every perversion they can dream up.
Ad hom
Abortion however is not specifically named as a right in the country. On the contrary, the 10th amendment specifically says that the right to determine the status of abortion rights lie with the states, as abortion rights is not specifically given to the federal government.
A right does not need to be explicitly stated in the Constitution to be legally valid or recognized. The SCOTUS deemed abortion a right which makes it as valid as any other right. Neither can states unduly restrict individual rights based on the Constitution.
I believe that is where the SCOTUS is headed and It believe it to be the constitutionally correct ruling.
Overturning rights is neither a correct heading or ruling. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it is more akin to fascism.

Paul Weber and Jamie Stengle, Associated Press:

The Texas Supreme Court on Friday dealt essentially a final blow to abortion clinics’ best hopes of stopping a restrictive law that has sharply curtailed the number of abortions in the state since September and will now fully stay in place for the foreseeable future.

The ruling by the all-Republican court was not unexpected, but it slammed the door on what little path forward the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed Texas clinics after having twice declined to stop a ban on abortions after roughly six weeks of pregnancy.

It spells the coming end to a federal lawsuit that abortion clinics filed even before the restrictions took effect in September — and were then rejected at nearly every turn, and in nearly every court, for six months.

“There is nothing left, this case is effectively over with respect to our challenge to the abortion ban,” said Marc Hearron, attorney for the Center for Reproductive Rights, which led the challenge against the Texas law known as Senate Bill 8. https://apnews.com/article/abortion-health-texas-0b4ed1808ed44d176bf6c86e6646a718

The article notes that going online to obtain abortion pills has "risen sharply."

I dont have a womb. If I did, and I lived n Texas, I'd be seeking change. Not necessarily moving, but seeking to change my reps. But many women support this kind of stuff from what I've seen. Oh well, thats on them.
I do not live in Texas, even though I did once.

LONGEST SIX MONTHS OF MY FREAKING LIFE!!😧😱

I do plan on maybe driving through as part of my extensive upcoming road trips, I want to look at a couple of the little hick towns I lived in 40 years ago. And I'll be on my way to Arizona and SOCAL so I won't be staying in Texas long AT ALL.

Last edited:
Yes, by all means, move to a baby killing state. In addition be sure to take the transgender women who want to compete unfairly against biological women and girls. Put all the rotten eggs in one basket as they say. I'm sure that Progressives and extreme liberals will be much happier living in states that allow every perversion they can dream up.

Killing a baby is definitely illegal in all 50 states. DERP.

1. 42% of women in Texas supported the law.
2. Women lead most, if not all, of the pro-life groups at a national and state (Texas) level.
That doesn't mean they voted for them. Not everyone is a one issue voter.

There is a fundamental difference.
The Constitution (Bill of Rights) specifically names the right to bear arms as a protected right in the nation. Abortion however is not specifically named as a right in the country. On the contrary, the 10th amendment specifically says that the right to determine the status of abortion rights lie with the states, as abortion rights is not specifically given to the federal government. I believe that is where the SCOTUS is headed and It believe it to be the constitutionally correct ruling.
People seem to forget that the 10th does not just apply to the states but also "individuals". It does not give the right to states.

Women in Texas need to pack their bags and move to a state that won't take their freedoms and liberty from them.

The people of Texas need to vote these anti freedom far right radical extremists out of office.

And take all of their daughters with them, of course.

If only it could be that easy . . .

Yes, by all means, move to a baby killing state. In addition be sure to take the transgender women who want to compete unfairly against biological women and girls. Put all the rotten eggs in one basket as they say. I'm sure that Progressives and extreme liberals will be much happier living in states that allow every perversion they can dream up.
People who are against a woman's right to bodily autonomy are disgusting ****ing people...

That's the great thing about allowing states to make their own choices.

That was the travesty of Roe.
Roe allowed for everybody to make their own choice... not just states but every single person.

Don't want an abortion then don't have one. Oppressing other women's right to have on is fascism.

It is unbelievable how ignorant so many people are.

Allowing abortion as a choice is like allowing freedom of religion or speech. You are free to speak and you are free not to.

You are free to have an abortion and you are free not to.

Right wing numb nuts want to curtail freedom and have the state control people... which is amazing since they claim to want less government.

****ing idiots...

People seem to forget that the 10th does not just apply to the states but also "individuals". It does not give the right to states.
Yes. The wording clearly means "the states or the people," not "the states, i.e., the people." Conservatives have overlooked this for as long as the nation has been a nation. They have complained about "judicial activism" and a top-heavy Federal government without ever acknowledging that the reason is the tyranny of state governments.

Yes. The wording clearly means "the states or the people," not "the states, i.e., the people." Conservatives have overlooked this for as long as the nation has been a nation. They have complained about "judicial activism" and a top-heavy Federal government without ever acknowledging that the reason is the tyranny of state governments.

The state government are tyrannical.

The federal government isn't.

Just want to be clear this is what you are saying before I comment on how ridiculous it is.

Roe allowed for everybody to make their own choice... not just states but every single person.

Don't want an abortion then don't have one. Oppressing other women's right to have on is fascism.

It is unbelievable how ignorant so many people are.

Allowing abortion as a choice is like allowing freedom of religion or speech. You are free to speak and you are free not to.

You are free to have an abortion and you are free not to.

Right wing numb nuts want to curtail freedom and have the state control people... which is amazing since they claim to want less government.

****ing idiots...

Yes, people get to make their choices.

They don't get to chose their consequences.

Don't like the consequences, don't make the choice.

Pretty simple.

Pregnancy might be a choice.

It is also a consequence.

That means that the majority of women do not support the law.

Sad that the minority can restrict the rights of the majority...

When combined with the men who support it, they make up a majority.

Can't help that.

Pretty simple.

Ending a pregnancy is also a choice. And a woman's right.

Pretty simple.

Consequence is an abortion... but I understand, another man that wants to control women.

When combined with the men who support it, they make up a majority.

Can't help that.
Nope.

Men and women that want it illegal under any circumstance make up 19% of the population

They call it a right to privacy.

If you think SCOTUS disagrees, then why are you beat up over the Texas Ban.
Abortion rights fall under the privacy umbrella. The TX ban is clearly unconstitutional and flies in the face of established precedents.

Nope.

Men and women that want it illegal under any circumstance make up 19% of the population

Sorry, but that is polling with regards to the Texas Ban.

Please take your misdirection elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom