• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas and Florida Top the List

That is happening collectively, though I'm sure not to your satisfaction.

By Biden committing the federal employees to mandate today, he has opened the doors for private industry to do the same - and they are. We've seen this before, with things like drug testing. But the process is not fast, nor is it homogenous. There's still going to be locales that will simply not adequately inoculate.

It is too bad our forefather ****ed up so bad and set up separate states and not one country.

Remember when the arrogant in Texas and Florida were telling the rest of us how smart they were to end the mask mandates and other social distancing protocols?

Yeah, well now they each lead the nation (by Far) in new COVID cases.

Umm, every state ended the mask mandates and social distancing protocols :rolleyes:
It should also be pointed out even after all this time, California and New York still hold the title as the two states with the most Covid deaths. Congrats libs!!

It is too bad our forefather ****ed up so bad and set up separate states and not one country.

There's pros & cons, my friend. There is something to be said about local autonomy. This is a big, diverse, country. And, there's a beauty in that.

Biden has a fricken open border with Mexico in Texas not that that matters.
Turn off the TV and live.
I have visited Florida and Texas both since June. Alive and well......
There's records being set for numbers of people stopped at the border. You guys are full of shit.

Do you need another drink? More Hors D'oeuvres? An introduction? What a terrible host!
Knowing our host is bored or otherwise engaged, I shall heed Mr. Lovebug's beckoning that a show is in queue. Have a good evening.

Umm, every state ended the mask mandates and social distancing protocols :rolleyes:
It should also be pointed out even after all this time, California and New York still hold the title as the two states with the most Covid deaths. Congrats libs!!

We've learned a lot since those early days though, Fletch. In a way, those early lives lost gave us the knowledge of how to live with the pandemic.

There's pros & cons, my friend. There is something to be said about local autonomy. This is a big, diverse, country. And, there's a beauty in that.

There are many awful aspects to the mega corporations in the USA - just like corporate media trying to make everyone the same. Few local diners with local fare. All the beautiful regional accents disappearing to TV's generic Mid West accent nationwide. EVERY town the same huge lite signs: McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell etc.

The USA is not becoming more diverse. It is becoming a collection of a short list of corporate billboards and corporate media elimination of diversity - now even of thought and opinions.

This is just crap because Texas and Florida are considered swing states.
You have been wrong about COVID from the beginning. You should stop posting about this pandemic.

Ok.
Of course, we are just to assert that if any drug doesn't promptly kill you then it's a-ok.
But I do see your point.

I'm providing a possible rationale as to why the elderly in FL, with FL being the most aged state, are staying alive. Florida is not unique in this, as elderly Americans are the most highly vaccinated demographic in the country. The current spread is predominantly an 'under forty' thing.

We've learned a lot since those early days though, Fletch. In a way, those early lives lost gave us the knowledge of how to live with the pandemic.
But we're not supposed to learn. We're supposed to still be running the single wing.

Notice how on NO occasion - EVER - do they tell how many covid-19 tests per population of each state were done in the same period of time. Of course they can't.

There are many awful aspects to the mega corporations in the USA - just like corporate media trying to make everyone the same. Few local diners with local fare. All the beautiful regional accents disappearing to TV's generic Mid West accent nationwide. EVERY town the same huge lite signs: McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell etc.

The USA is not becoming more diverse. It is becoming a collection of a short list of corporate billboards and corporate media elimination of diversity - now even of thought and opinions.

Your comment's totally unrelated to the discussion & point I was making, but I do very much agree with you here, and I lament the loss of regionalism & the cultural difference it provided.

And? Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois and Nevada went through it the same time as Florida and all did worse. Lots of states did worse than florida, many of them red states. The left singles out Florida simply for politcal reasons, but that narrative fades once you inject some facts.

You lost me here, I'm not familiar with the term. ('single wing')
it's the offense that football teams ran in the early 1900s and up until around the 1940s.

all football teams should still be running it.

Your comment's totally unrelated to the discussion & point I was making, but I do very much agree with you here, and I lament the loss of regionalism & the cultural difference it provided.

Yes and no. Our county is 70+% over 65. The most mask and social distancing defiant as in the USA - other than a couple low population states up around the Canadian border. Yet the death rates here as VERY low by comparison. We have a business, very socially active, go to the bowling alley on weekends - huge and sometimes hundreds of people - zero masks - and yet we do not know 1 person hospitalized from covid-19, let alone a death - though some were reported.

Were they? Or were the covid-19 motorcycle deaths because the little hospital here is desperate for money? A person we do know threw a fit seeing covid-19 as the cause of death for their very elderly parent in hospice with stage 4 cancer - and it took threatened legal action to change it.

Should everywhere in the USA have the same covid-19 rules? It's not like the Bronx and everyone trapped in tiny apartments all winter using the same elevator and someone living rurally in the Montana badlands are at the same risk. Why the same universal rules reducing all to here cattle of a collective herd?

And? Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois and Nevada went through it the same time as Florida and all did worse. Lots of states did worse than florida, many of them red states. The left singles out Florida simply for politcal reasons, but that narrative fades once you inject some facts.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but you stated CA & NY were the leading number of deaths, and my response was they were the first cases before we even knew we had a problem. It took some time for us to realize we were infected, much less turn the virus from 'novel' to 'understood & treatable. Meanwhile, many in that initial group died.

We have a much lower death rates today, because we have tests, vaccines, & treatments.

it's the offense that football teams ran in the early 1900s and up until around the 1940s.

all football teams should still be running it.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, my memory of the 'early 1900's' is a bit vague! :p

Remember when the arrogant in Texas and Florida were telling the rest of us how smart they were to end the mask mandates and other social distancing protocols?

Yeah, well now they each lead the nation (by Far) in new COVID cases.

CA also ended it's mask mandate and social distancing protocols.

I guess the reason record numbers of people are fleeing to Florida is they are committing suicide, right? Just those who aren't allergic to sunlight and socializing are coming here?

Make the whole USA Florida! DeSantos 2024!

Yes and no. Our county is 70+% over 65. The most mask and social distancing defiant as in the USA - other than a couple low population states up around the Canadian border. Yet the death rates here as VERY low by comparison. We have a business, very socially active, go to the bowling alley on weekends - huge and sometimes hundreds of people - zero masks - and yet we do not know 1 person hospitalized from covid-19, let alone a death - though some were reported.

Were they? Or were the covid-19 motorcycle deaths because the little hospital here is desperate for money? A person we do know threw a fit seeing covid-19 as the cause of death for their very elderly parent in hospice with stage 4 cancer - and it took threatened legal action to change it.

Is it possible you have low population density, there? With a low amount of ingress & egress by 'outsiders'?

Should everywhere in the USA have the same covid-19 rules? It's not like the Bronx and everyone trapped in tiny apartments all winter using the same elevator and someone living rurally in the Montana badlands are at the same risk. Why the same universal rules reducing all to here cattle of a collective herd?

I agree with this point. Absolutely. I'm a firm believer in 'local rule', as much as is reasonable.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, my memory of the 'early 1900's' is a bit vague! :p

Not for covid-19 rules. If you know them, you know the viral pandemic science of the 1920s, other than in the 1920s the government didn't shut down all businesses to force people to cramp into big ones - nor did they shut down low customer traffic businesses in support of having people ordering covid-19 overnight deliveries to their homes online.

The super spreaders are:
1. Amazon
2. Other online merchants
3. WalMart

That people don't see the obviousness of that - if no other reason - proves the USA is a true idiocracy totally controlled by the corporate MSM. Remember all the washing down and wash your hands because covid-19 can stay on surfaces for up to 10 days, particularly in the dark such as in Amazon boxes?

Back
Top Bottom