• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas AGO obtains $1.4 mil settlement against PP for Medicaid fraud

I am not a moral fascist. But I am a woman, and I care very much about women's health. The vast majority of abortions aren't performed because of a woman's health, and you know this as well as I do.

I know nothing of the kind

Those who believe that wantoning killing the unborn is immoral and should be illegal aren't fascists. Shame that you toss this phrase out so casually. You don't even respect those who are born and who hold an opinion that differs from yours. No, you call them "fascists."

But okay, that's you.

And those who want to ban abortion, and rejoice when health clinics close, are moral fascists IMO

Meanwhile, thousands of abortions won't be performed because of inconvenient pregnancies, and this is a great victory for those who believe that every human life has value. I hope very much that other states will follow the leads of the states that are actively trying to make abortion rare.

The moral fascists do not believe that every life has value. They only use that as excuse to promote their immoral agenda.

If they valued all life, they would not rejoice when health clinics close.

In that case you should be saddened that 55 clinics in Texas that did not perform abortions but performed valuable womans Health services were shut down leaving many woman who counted on their services with no place to go for cancer and std screenings and birth control medication. Instead of making abortion rare it will only increase the numbers of woman with more unwanted pregnancies which will increase the numbers of women having abortions legal and illegal.

I'm not even a little bit sad. Why? Because I know that because of PP's abortions, clinics have sprung up that offer more choices than abortions.

Here's info on Lufkin: Lufkin/Angelina Chamber of Commerce Home : Relocate/Retire : Quality of Life : Healthcare Facilities & Services

Free Clinics Lufkin TX | Free Health Clinics Lufkin TX | Lufkin Free Clinics

Not going to Google Huntsville because it's a college town and also the "home" of the Texas prison system. Not going to Google Bryan because I know that one of Bush I's "points of light" honorees founded one of the prenatal clinics there.

Yup. "Pro lifers" should be proud. Close the places that screen for deadly diseases and the same places that supply birth control and educate low or now income folks so they can prevent unwanted pregnancies which means preventing abortions. Proud they must be......

It's how they demonstrate their belief that every life is sacred :roll:

But I've never read or heard of anybody objecting to PP's "other services."

That is a lie; one of many you have posted

You are well aware of the opposition to HPV vaccines, MAP's and other contraceptives, etc

It's how they demonstrate their belief that every life is sacred :roll:

Gosh, I guess you're now going to generalize unfairly about those who are pro-life. I'm shocked. Why don't you ask me how I've expressed my belief in the sanctity of life? I'll be happy to answer.

How would you narrow the scope of Medicaid? It is health insurance. Insurance fraud is committed daily on private insurance companies as well. There are bad people out in the world. State agencies are notoriously inefficient, I imagine if they had a digital way to organize, approve and investigate claims, and had better auditing, fraud would be caught earlier.
We could get the government completely out of it.

Gosh, I guess you're now going to generalize unfairly about those who are pro-life. I'm shocked. Why don't you ask me how I've expressed my belief in the sanctity of life? I'll be happy to answer.

No need to generalize. You rejoice when health facilities are closed down, even if they don't perform abortions. Then you lie about how you've never heard of anyone objecting to PP's other services

And AFAIC, your belief in the sanctity of life is about on par with bush* and Cheney's belief that Iraq had nukes.

No need to generalize. You rejoice when health facilities are closed down, even if they don't perform abortions. Then you lie about how you've never heard of anyone objecting to PP's other services

And AFAIC, your belief in the sanctity of life is about on par with bush* and Cheney's belief that Iraq had nukes.

You seem to think that there are no alternative to PP clinics. There are. I'll happily pay my fair share to support more and continue supporting the ones already in existence. Women's health care is very important to me, especially prenatal care.

And I look forward to the day when PP no longer exists.

Says a lot about you that you're calling me a liar when I say that I've never heard anybody complain about PP's other services. I never have.

I know nothing of the kind

Then you don't know the most basic facts of the discussion, so you're pretty useless in debate terms.

Says a lot about you that you're calling me a liar when I say that I've never heard anybody complain about PP's other services. I never have.

Sure you have. In this very thread you've rejoiced that clinics that perform those other services have been closed.

No one "objects to their other services." I object to the fact that any money from anyone is being given to a violent hate group like Planned Parenthood.

Charity clinics are worthy of support... voluntary support.

Planned Parenthood, however, is synonymous with its contract killing services. Killing one of your patients for the personal gain of another is not "healthcare."

No one "objects to their other services." I object to the fact that any money from anyone is being given to a violent hate group like Planned Parenthood.

Charity clinics are worthy of support... voluntary support.

Planned Parenthood, however, is synonymous with its contract killing services. Killing one of your patients for the personal gain of another is not "healthcare."

If you're not careful, NB is going to chastise you for generalizing and calling people names! :lamo

If you're not careful, NB is going to chastise you for generalizing and calling people names! :lamo

:confused:

What did I generalize? Whom did I call names?

its AWESOME that the fraud was caught, medical fraud runs rampant in this country and its part of the problem with the medical care system! I hope all fraud is caught and wiped out.

THat being said this has no relation to abortions its beyond inane to put it here.

Anyway the sad thing is that when fraud is caught a lot of times the only people that suffer is the people, twice!.

First time the suffer is when the fraud is committed and money goes where it shouldnt and is wasted and care costs goes up.

The second time is if and when these crimes effect healthcare and coverage of health care. I wish there was some automated program/action the government took "temporarily" to ensure these medical facilities stayed operational to provide the the health care everyone needs.

its GREAT the fraud was caught and i hope people go to jail for it and serve deserving sentences but the closing of medical facilities is never good IF they were still offering sound and safe MEDICAL treatment.

Its sad that because of some criminal administrators that yet again the people will suffer and be punished for the bad apples not once but TWICE.

Sure you have. In this very thread you've rejoiced that clinics that perform those other services have been closed.

You're right, and in fact, I even used the word "rejoiced." But "rejoiced" isn't the same word as "complained," and what I said was that I'd never heard anybody complain. So don't call me a liar, and do use a dictionary if you think that "rejoice" and "complain" are synonyms.

HOUSTON – The Texas Attorney General’s Office today concluded the State’s Medicaid fraud investigation into Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, Inc. Under today’s agreement, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast must pay $1.4 million for fraudulently overbilling the taxpayer-funded Medicaid program.

After a whistleblower lawsuit was filed alleging improper billing practices by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, an investigation was opened by the Texas Attorney General’s Office and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s Office of Inspector General. The State’s investigation revealed that Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast improperly billed the Texas Medicaid program for products and services that were never actually rendered, not medically necessary, and were not covered by the Medicaid program – and were therefore not eligible for reimbursement. For example, state investigators determined that Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast falsified material information in patients’ medical records in order to support fraudulent reimbursement claims to the Medicaid program. https://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=4455

Some of the money recovered will go to the feds. Happily, however, none will be spent to upgrade the three abortion facilities that closed today in Texas. Bryan Planned Parenthood closed for good | khou.com Houston

So they get federal funding to provide services that they flasely bill medicaid for providing?

Sneaky.

The vast majority of Medicare and Medicaid fraud is committed by medical providers. PP, nationwide has proven to be a reputable & much needed organization.

So they get federal funding to provide services that they flasely bill medicaid for providing?

Sneaky.

Yeah, Catholic health care does get federal funding and they did falsely bill medicaid.

In fact Catholic heathcare depends federal funding.

For example, Catholic hospitals depend on federal funding.
Indiana has 35 Catholic hospitals and 26 other Catholic health-care facilities.
In 2007, 58 percent of patients who visited these facilities were covered by Medicaid or Medicare, a proportion reflected across the country.
With well over half of their revenue coming from the government, it is
safe to say that Catholic hospitals survive on government funding as well as contributions from private sources.

Opinion: The Catholic bishops' double standard - Nancy Keenan and Jon O'Brien - POLITICO.com

Where does it say in that article that Catholic hospitals falsely charged medicaid for services? ...

The article I linked to tells that about 50 percent to Catholic Hospitals revenue comes from federal funding.
Here is the article about Catholic Heathcare West that paid a $9.1 millionto settle False Claim Allegations.

Catholic Healthcare West Pays $9.1M to Settle False Claim Allegations

Catholic Healthcare West has agreed to pay $9.1 million to settle allegations that seven CHW hospitals submitted false Medicare claims, according to a Sacramento Business Journal report.

Catholic Healthcare West Pays $9.1M to Settle False Claim Allegations

Ok, where does it say they fraudulently filed claims? And, again, how does it excuse PP from engaging in fraud?

False claims are fraud.

Who said anything about an excuse?
I was agreeing it is sneaky for any organization, including Catholic Healthcare to take funding then file false claims.

Back
Top Bottom