• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas' 6-Week Abortion Ban Takes Effect

What's worse, killing an third trimester unborn via the gross negligence of not vaccinating or seeking an abortion for a 10-week old fetus?

Neither is worse. They both result in the unnecessary death of a human.

No, that's when a human has a chance to live outside of the womb. A human isn't fully formed until around the age of 25. Words have meanings.
Right and when they have a chance to live outside the womb is when they can be considered fully formed

Republicans think they're sticking it to slutty sluts who don't want to sleep with them, but they're really just increasing the number of black and Latinx babies who will need government assistance and will make the living space of all the Bubbas and Jim Bobs more black and brown.
Racism has no place in the debate.

A 10 year old is developing more than just sexual maturity. The entire biological process of a human developing and growing into a fully-formed human doesn't end until around age 25. The process begins at conception.
Following your logic, the development process is lifelong. Conception to death. 🙄

Great News! Too bad the ban doesn't take effect in the first minute, but this is a great victory for innocent lives in the womb!

And the great part about the law, is that if any abortion clinic violates the law there are now real consequences.

Now more states will follow suit. Roe V Wade will be effectively MOOT as now abortion laws will be back in the hands of the states. And the good states like Texas will get it right.

I suggest you are pro birth, not pro life.
You feel gods wishes are dinevafter the birth but don't consider and unwanted child born to a poverty stricken girl who cant feed it. Then you hypocritically protest about unmarried mother's being on SS.
I also notice you don't care about those starving African kids. Gates want them to have vaccines to save their lives and women to have contreception but you all have conspiracy theories about him wanting to repopulate the world anything against gods laws.

Neither is worse.
false, the third trimester fetuses over the ager of 24 weeks were likely viable.
They both result in the unnecessary death of a human.
Weasel words ^. Either you are pretending to be ignorant or you truly see no difference between a nearly fully formed infant and something that is less than an inch long, lacks a brain and weighs a fraction of an ounce. In that case, you've fallen for propaganda, and your arguments can be dismissed as infantile.

We do. Abortion deliberately takes the life of a human being. Science has long held that the unborn are human beings.
Incorrect. "Human being" is a social construct, not a scientific one and the status is bestowed upon live birth.

Where in the human taxonomy chart do you see "human being"?:

1630543100039.png

You are the only one that his written that...

^^^^^
Follow my comments back and you should find where you are wrong.

"So? Both the born and unborn are humans, nonetheless. We don't live in a sci-fi novel."

Texas may be too smart for it’s own good. They’re banking on the fact that since they’re not enforcing the ban but allowing private people to sue the law will not be struck down.

However to sue someone you need to prove you’ve been harmed. Aside from fathers who disagree with the abortion it’s hard to see how some random person is harmed by a woman’s choice to get an abortion. So it’s hard for me to see how virtually anyone could win and by extension how the law can stand.

All the SC did was refuse to delay implementation pending current lawsuits. That’s bad - it sucks - but I have a feeling the law won’t have legs.

In the meantime Texans should vote those assholes out.
I would imagine Abortion providers in Texas will now find it virtually impossible to obtain malpractice insurance or any sort of liability/umbrella coverage.

Weren't you arguing on here a year ago that the new makeup of the court would not result in Roe V. Wade being at risk? You painted it as fear mongering.
Would not be the first or last time that @Josie lied about this issue.

Neither is worse. They both result in the unnecessary death of a human.
So you are saying there is no difference between a woman miscarrying a pregnancy in the first trimester and parents that lose their child. Go tell parents that have lost a child that its the same thing, that neither is worse. In both cases as you say, its the death of a human.

Nothing I'm saying has to do with religion. You think an unborn doesn't become a human until he/she is born?
Legally it does not and Minnie616 posted the law for you.

The abortion issue isnt about scientific classification...science has no authority and doesnt recognize any rights or value for any species. It just identifies and categorizes, in this case, DNA.

MasksSMx2 - Copy.jpg

Nowhere in the TX legislation does it call for penalties against the pregnant woman, I dont think.

It's all about those that assist her. At it's most basic, the Const protects a woman's right to have an abortion...but it doesnt protect those that would perform the procedure and apparently not those that support her if she chooses the procedure.

It's a workaround and a hypocritical one.

MasksSMx2 - Copy.jpg

So then science categorizes, it doesnt have any authority. It doesnt conceptualize law or rights or value.

People do, societies, courts, Constitutions. What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn humans have rights?

View attachment 67351326

Wait, before you go there. I want to ensure you are okay with deliberately killing some human beings.

Wait, before you go there. I want to ensure you are okay with deliberately killing some human beings.
Sure, we accept and even have laws that allow it. We understand that some killings are justified. Like in war, self-defense, abortion, assisted suicide, the death penalty, pulling the plug, etc.

Not everyone agrees with all of those but most agree with most or many. And it's not up to strangers to tell a woman what she needs, to judge her justification, strangers arent going to pay her consequences or those she supports or has obligations to.

MasksSMx2 - Copy.jpg

Right and when they have a chance to live outside the womb is when they can be considered fully formed

No, dude. If you mean a fully-formed infant, a 24-week fetus isn't a fully-formed infant either. That's why they need the NICU.

false, the third trimester fetuses over the ager of 24 weeks were likely viable.

Yes, I understand you value some unborn humans over others. I don't.

Weasel words ^. Either you are pretending to be ignorant or you truly see no difference between a nearly fully formed infant and something that is less than an inch long, lacks a brain and weighs a fraction of an ounce. In that case, you've fallen for propaganda, and your arguments can be dismissed as infantile.

There are tons of differences. But they are both still humans.

Back
Top Bottom