• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas' 6-Week Abortion Ban Takes Effect

True. That's a question of natural law not science. But science does acknowledge facts. And the fact is that a human being exists from conception.
So then science categorizes, it doesnt have any authority. It doesnt conceptualize law or rights or value.

People do, societies, courts, Constitutions. What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn humans have rights?

MasksSMx2 - Copy.jpg

We do. Abortion deliberately takes the life of a human being. Science has long held that the unborn are human beings.
It takes the life of what could develop into a human. The science is not settled on that topic.

It takes the life of what could develop into a human. The science is not settled on that topic.

What is it before it's a human, then?

What is it before it's a human, then?
Various stages of development of what could turn into a human. I admittedly am feeling too lazy to look up the name for those stages.

Various stages of development of what could turn into a human. I admittedly am feeling too lazy to look up the name for those stages.

Zygote - embryo - fetus or ZEF for short.

What species is it before it "turns into" a human?

Zygote - embryo - fetus or ZEF for short.

What species is it before it "turns into" a human?
I am not sure such an entity would qualify as a species

He or she is a separate individual human

If that were true, they each could sleep in their own bed. (A simplistic statement but your statement to me reflects a religious belief system which doesn't make your statement universally true.)

what human being? There is no person who is killed.
I did not say a person... I said a human. All you did here was commit a Straw Man.

Neither is a 10 year old.
In the context in we are discussing it, a ten year old is, given that it’s not in the process of building out basic biological functions

If that were true, they each could sleep in their own bed. (A simplistic statement but your statement to me reflects a religious belief system which doesn't make your statement universally true.)

Nothing I'm saying has to do with religion. You think an unborn doesn't become a human until he/she is born?

In the context in we are discussing it, a ten year old is, given that it’s not in the process of building out basic biological functions

We're discussing biology, right? Human development. A 10 year old isn't a fully formed human.

Back
Top Bottom