• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tests and masks

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Recently, tests and masks seem to be being handed out everywhere. For example, the library is always handing them out. I read pharmacies are doing the same, but I haven't stopped by one recently. Tests were virtually impossible to even buy around Xmas but now there seems to be a surplus and it's almost like they are trying to get rid of them.
It seems an odd time to be trying to pass yet another covid bill when we appear to now be oversupplied and they can't find hardly any vaccine takers. Every grocery store I visit (with a pharmacy) is announcing to stop on by the pharmacy for a covid shot - annoyingly frequent announcements.
So, I'm curious - are others experiencing this abundance of tests in your area? How are posters feeling about a 4th shot (or a 3rd shot if you haven't gotten one)? Have those already once boosted gotten another or do you plan to?
I stopped at the original 2 shots and have no plans to get anymore covid shots for the time being.

I'll be getting a booster as soon as I am qualified. Vaccine shots are free, only hurt a little bit for a second or two during the administration of the shot and result in a sore arm for about 24 hours after, and they are a damn sight better than contracting COVID-19 and being an irresponsible spreader of a potentially deadly virus. I won't be wearing a mask until/unless it is recommended by the CDC or required by my state. If it is then I will.

And obviously there is now a surplus of tests because there used to be a shortage and so a huge number were manufactured very quickly.

Last edited:
Recently, tests and masks seem to be being handed out everywhere. For example, the library is always handing them out. I read pharmacies are doing the same, but I haven't stopped by one recently. Tests were virtually impossible to even buy around Xmas but now there seems to be a surplus and it's almost like they are trying to get rid of them.
It seems an odd time to be trying to pass yet another covid bill when we appear to now be oversupplied and they can't find hardly any vaccine takers. Every grocery store I visit (with a pharmacy) is announcing to stop on by the pharmacy for a covid shot - annoyingly frequent announcements.
So, I'm curious - are others experiencing this abundance of tests in your area? How are posters feeling about a 4th shot (or a 3rd shot if you haven't gotten one)? Have those already once boosted gotten another or do you plan to?
I stopped at the original 2 shots and have no plans to get anymore covid shots for the time being.
I've had three shots. I'll probably get the fourth at some time. I see it as kind of like the flu shot.

I've never had a test done on myself. I've never had any symptoms. When they started giving out home tests, I got four boxes...each with two tests. Two boxes from the feds and two from the state. I haven't used any of those eight tests.

I got five N95 masks from the library. I've used one of them for short periods of time at a local food bank...only because they, for some reason, require them. I haven't had to visit a doctor in a while and I don't fly or use public transportation. I don't see any other reason to wear a mask, so I don't.

As far as I'm concerned, COVID is over.

I hardly notice since I'm fully vaccinated and have plenty of masks.
Yes, we knew tests would take a while to come on line, and now they are readily available. This is great for people who get sick, they can check if its Covid and then make a determination if they want to quarantine.
I'll get a 4th shot in a month or two more.

Medicare will now cover 8 COVID rapid home test each month starting in April. Check their web site or with your pharmacy for the details.

I had the two vaccination's and then the booster. If COVID takes off again plan on getting the 2nd booster then. Have a good stock of mask on hand if needed.

I got two shots then I got Covid. Feel like I'm immune as possible at this point.

I had the two vaccination's and then the booster. If COVID takes off again plan on getting the 2nd booster then. Have a good stock of mask on hand if needed.
Threw all my accumulation of mask in the garbage. Never again.

I got two shots then I got Covid. Feel like I'm immune as possible at this point.
You "feel" like you've done everything you can regarding Covid immunity?
Do your feelings ever connect to your brain, which knows boosters exist and are recommended?

Yep, I'd have to agree.

Still, I got the measles 3 times as a kid. 😉

Don't be overly cavalier, be prudent.

I'll be getting a booster as soon as I am qualified. Vaccine shots are free, only hurt a little bit for a second or two during the administration of the shot and result in a sore arm for about 24 hours after, and they are a damn sight better than contracting COVID-19 and being an irresponsible spreader of a potentially deadly virus. I won't be wearing a mask until/unless it is recommended by the CDC or required by my state. If it is then I will.

And obviously there is now a surplus of tests because there used to be a shortage and so a huge number were manufactured very quickly.
There is a surplus now and I noticed the ones I've picked up from the library have an expiration date of June. With covid numbers still quite low for now, it seems a whole bunch of tests might expire and go to waste.

You "feel" like you've done everything you can regarding Covid immunity?
Do your feelings ever connect to your brain, which knows boosters exist and are recommended?
My second shot symptoms were worse than covid itself so no booster for me. Besides that even the CDC now says natural immunity is superior to vaccination.

There is a surplus now and I noticed the ones I've picked up from the library have an expiration date of June. With covid numbers still quite low for now, it seems a whole bunch of tests might expire and go to waste.
Likely. But to be expected at the (hopefully) tail end of a global pandemic. Better overprepared and wasteful than underprepared and vulnerable.

My second shot symptoms were worse than covid itself so no booster for me. Besides that even the CDC now says natural immunity is superior to vaccination.
You're still "feeling" your way through debate.
CDC has said that boosters are recommended even if you've had Covid and confers greater protection.

Your claim that you did "immune AS POSSIBLE", is still false.

What you did was take the measures you personally feel are sufficient. Which is fine. Just say that instead of spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
No they don't. It is better to be vaccinated even if you already have natural immunity.

Medicare will now cover 8 COVID rapid home test each month starting in April. Check their web site or with your pharmacy for the details.
I read an article about that yesterday.
That seems like a LOT of tests per month. As far as I know, I've never had covid but I have tested one time. I had plans to go out to dinner with a group, had a minor scratchy throat that day, and wanted to make sure I wasn't covid positive so as not to spread it. So, I took a test and it was negative. That was around Xmas of 2021. I still have the second test from that box. I bought that box just prior to the time all the stores ran out entirely.
Now, because covid tests are everywhere suddenly, I have a small stack (about 4 boxes I think). I'm guessing most or all of those will expire unused.

You're still "feeling" your way through debate.
CDC has said that boosters are recommended even if you'd had Covid and confers greater protection.

Your claim that you did "immune AS POSSIBLE", is still false.

What you did was take the measures you personally feel are sufficient. Which is fine. Just say that instead of spreading misinformation.
I'm vaccinated and have natural immunity and as I said I feel I'm as immune as possible.

Far superior, isn't it? I'm a bit behind on that info but I heard the tail end of a brief interview the other day and it sounds like natural immunity has now been shown to be significantly better at providing protection.

Wouldn't as soon as 'eligible' vs qulified be a better choice of words?

Likely. But to be expected at the (hopefully) tail end of a global pandemic. Better overprepared and wasteful than underprepared and vulnerable.
Too bad they were all too late!!!! It bothers me greatly to imagine the waste, while remembering how needed they were during the holidays.

I caught the newest strain of Covid. (2 weeks ago) My shot record is 2+the booster. I was feeling out-of-sorts for 3 days.
...instead of still being in a hospital or 6 feet under.
Glad your illness wasn't bad and you're better now.

Far superior, isn't it? I'm a bit behind on that info but I heard the tail end of a brief interview the other day and it sounds like natural immunity has now been shown to be significantly better at providing protection.
Yeah CDC finally admitted that and quickly covered their ass by claiming even better to have natural immunity and a vaccination.

I'm vaccinated and have natural immunity and as I said I feel I'm as immune as possible.
I'm twice vaccinated (over a year ago) and haven't had covid. Like you, if I had also had covid, I'd feel super immune. Being twice vaccinated long ago and with no natural immunity, I had quit ever thinking about covid until, suddenly, tests are everywhere and the government is discussing yet more money to be spent on vaccines and tests. That seems so odd and out of place to me, it prompted me to inquire what the April 2022 view of others was - by starting this thread.

Too bad they were all too late!!!! It bothers me greatly to imagine the waste, while remembering how needed they were during the holidays.
Such is the nature of surprise pandemics. Perhaps in exchange for the waste we have to deal with now, we will be better prepared in the future in the event of another pandemic and can save some lives.

Back
Top Bottom