• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

Prototype of Trumps steel-slat/steel-bollard border wall.

$5 billion for this? I could cut through those slats in minutes with a power hacksaw/pipe-saw and be long gone by the time CBP either knew about the breach or arrived at the scene.

Not only that, but the concrete prototype walls were also breached in DHS tests.

I've seen tons of stories on this today. Yeah, you can cut through steel. Not really news there but you take what you can get.

What this DOES mean, however, is that the Democrats and their media propaganda arm are creating more fake news. See, the real story isn't that you can cut through steel of break through concrete. The real story is that the Democrats are going full court press on the "the wall is useless" story while completely ignoring the fact that, useless or not, it's the best way they have to get what THEY want.

If the Democrats give Trump his useless wall they will get their DACA resolution and they can move forward on other immigration reform. They can even point at the wall next September and say "What a boondoggle! It's useless and it's all on Trump!".

The could do that. But they won't. The reason they won't is because this whole thing isn't about walls or immigration or anything else for the Democrats. It's 100% about "resistance".

I've seen tons of stories on this today. Yeah, you can cut through steel. Not really news there but you take what you can get.
..... See, the real story isn't that you can cut through steel of break through concrete.

Correct. The real story is that you don't need an expensive saw. A cheap homemade ladder will git'er done just as quick.

They want the walls for alot of isolated areas. It would be just as easy to dig under the wall. They've dug loads of tunnels. Have they said how deep they're setting the footings?

Meaning what, they're using Unobtanium for the border fence? Please.

These guys cut through the post for a steel hitch ball in 20 seconds with a reciprocating blade:

Lol, well, trailer hitches are cnc machined from cheap, softer steel, so yes - easy to cut. Those wall columms are made from harder steel and appear to be filled with concrete, which would trash that blade pretty quickly. You could do it with a diamond abrasive blade, but that's going to cut much more slowly. Then there's also the binding issue, maneuvering the blade, using a lower power cordless tool, etc. I don't think there's any way you're getting through that quickly with a sawzall.

Correct. The real story is that you don't need an expensive saw. A cheap homemade ladder will git'er done just as quick.

Illegals are going to drag a 40 foot ladder across the desert with them? Yeah, ok.

Electric fence is my suggestion I would think that it’d work same as a hot wired

Illegals are going to drag a 40 foot ladder across the desert with them? Yeah, ok.

Um.....yeah....obviously?

You must be a real city boy to think carrying a ladder is harder than doing this all day, every day:

57a520185e377.image.jpg

Last edited:
Um.....yeah....obviously?

You must be a real city boy to think carrying a ladder is harder than doing this all day, every day:

57a520185e377.image.jpg

Walking 15-20 miles a day, carrying a 30-40 foot ladder, sleeping on the ground, dealing with nutrition and hydration deprivation, is way harder that that.

Why don't they make the trek in trucks, now? If it's that simple.

I bet you can't explain that one.
Er they do...

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

They want the walls for alot of isolated areas. It would be just as easy to dig under the wall. They've dug loads of tunnels. Have they said how deep they're setting the footings?

You ever try to dig a hole in sand?

Attachments

• 21border.large3.jpg
    21border.large3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
You calling him a liar?

I'm saying that most illegals make most of the trip on foot.

Are you using President Trump as a source to try and prove me wrong.

You've said every word out of his mouth is a lie, cha. Not now?

I'm saying that most illegals make most of the trip on foot.

Are you using President Trump as a source to try and prove me wrong.

You've said every word out of his mouth is a lie, cha. Not now?

I don’t need Trump’s for that. Every other word.........:thumbs: lighten up, Francis!

Very few make the trip in a vehicle.

TO the border area they do. Which was the point.. getting a 40 foot ladder to the border wall would be easy. Now over the border it gets more complicated of course, but as I understand his point.. getting to the Mexico-US border on the Mexican side with a 40 foot ladder would be easy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom