• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tesla/Solar City merger

Here is an a Autoguide render of their take on the new Tesla truck - proposed.

tesla-pickup-truck-render-2.jpg

tesla-pickup-truck-render.jpg

Tesla Pickup Truck imagined by rendering artist [Gallery] | Electrek

Looks cool...not too robust...but definitely cool.

Probably more of a an old El Camino/Ranchero kind of truck.

Here's another rendering of the Tesla pickup that's not bad:

tesla-pickup-truck-right-front-angle.jpgtesla-pickup-truck-frunk-side.jpgtesla-pickup-truck-left-rear-angle (1).jpgtesla-pickup-truck-right-rear-tailgate-open.jpg

Here's why Tesla's pickup will transform the heavy-duty truck segment

I like it. If you believe there is a coming paradigm shift to renewable energy and transportation electricfication then Solar City and Tesla are positioned very well in leading this shift.

Customers will be able to go into Tesla stores and purchase an EV and solar roof/battery system to charge the EV and their home. Easy to see customers buying a $35,000 Model 3 and then being sold on say a $35,000 solar roof/battery system to charge their EV and home. All in one easy no hassle stop.

Now imagine customers having an opportunity to sign up for Tesla software that will enable both partners(customer and Tesla) to sell electricity from their home roof solar/battery system back to the grid as well as using their autonomous driving EV as a driverless Uber like taxi service while they are at work, sleeping, etc. The $70,000 investment by the customer then turns into a business that may pay off the initial investment rather quickly giving them years of free car, free fuel for car and energy for house, and additional income that could be pretty substantial, pretty much a 24/hr a day uber driver without having to actually do anything as the car and software does all the work. How much demand for Tesla products will there be then? Musk envisioning a future trillion dollar market cap for Tesla is not far fetched imo. May be conservative.

I tried to do this years ago when we did not have the benefit of Musk's vision. It was costly but I wanted to green-it-up so I looked into photovoltaic cells and the generation of electricity which, if I was not using it, would flow back into the grid and I would get credit for it on my monthly bill. I loved it but my State legislature did not. They passed regulation laws stating the the power generation company did not have to pay me back for the electricity I generated, shipped back to them, and which they resold elsewhere.

Sorry.. just a rant.

I tried to do this years ago when we did not have the benefit of Musk's vision. It was costly but I wanted to green-it-up so I looked into photovoltaic cells and the generation of electricity which, if I was not using it, would flow back into the grid and I would get credit for it on my monthly bill. I loved it but my State legislature did not. They passed regulation laws stating the the power generation company did not have to pay me back for the electricity I generated, shipped back to them, and which they resold elsewhere.

Sorry.. just a rant.

These guys can empathize:
In sunny Nevada, a defeat for the solar industry

Elon Musk went undercover in the protest, wanted a pound of flesh.

The Tesla/Solar City unveiling of the new solar roofs last night:

Tesla is selling a complete ecosystem of solar roof, home battery, and EV that will be beautiful and cost effective. There will be a huge market for their products.

Also, Tesla turned a profit this quarter.

Back
Top Bottom