• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tesla Model S Suspension Problems

Fenton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Owners of the Model S were also asked to sign a confidentially agreements stating they would not contact the NHTSA

Tesla denies Model S problems and changes driver agreement to satisfy regulators - LA Times

Full disclosure, Im not a Elon Musk groupie and as technological inovations go the Tesla has never impressed me.

But how does a Company like Tesla, that relies on California's Carbon credit initiative to remain solvent, absorb the cost of a recall if it ever comes to that ?

Owners of the Model S were also asked to sign a confidentially agreements stating they would not contact the NHTSA

Tesla denies Model S problems and changes driver agreement to satisfy regulators - LA Times

Full disclosure, Im not a Elon Musk groupie and as technological inovations go the Tesla has never impressed me.

But how does a Company like Tesla, that relies on California's Carbon credit initiative to remain solvent, absorb the cost of a recall if it ever comes to that ?

They aren't solvent, they have lost money 6 quarters in a row.

They aren't solvent, they have lost money 6 quarters in a row.

Technically they never were.

Musk has to exploit California's carbon tax scam to stay in bussiness and has recieved hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies

Mobile Site Preview

Since Musk is one of the lefts icons , I wonder if he's getting a pass from the NHTSA ?

If the Feds forced Tesla into a recall it would bankrupt them

First, you linked to a blog and second to a statement that was written by the Tesla team who are currently in full damage control

Its NOT all lies if the NHTSA forced them to rewrite their " Goodwill " agreements.

Agreements that forbid owners of Tesla Model S to not discuss the front control arm issues as a condition of a warranty agreement

First, you linked to a blog and second to a statement that was written by the Tesla team who are currently in full damage control

Its NOT all lies if the NHTSA forced them to rewrite their " Goodwill " agreements.

Agreements that forbid owners of Tesla Model S to not discuss the front control arm issues as a condition of a warranty agreement

NHTSA confirmed today that they found no safety concern with the Model S suspension and have no further need for data from us on this matter— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 10, 2016
Of greater concern: 37 of 40 suspension complaints to NHTSA were fraudulent, i.e. false location or vehicle identification numbers were used— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 10, 2016
Would seem to indicate that one or more people sought to create the false impression of a safety issue where none existed. Q is why? Elon Musk (@elonmusk)

I am more inclined to believe them and the NHSTA has said to contradict Musk and news sties are updating that the story is false. Second, it is Tesla's official blog. The original story was from a small independent blog.

NHTSA confirmed today that they found no safety concern with the Model S suspension and have no further need for data from us on this matter— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 10, 2016
Of greater concern: 37 of 40 suspension complaints to NHTSA were fraudulent, i.e. false location or vehicle identification numbers were used— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 10, 2016
Would seem to indicate that one or more people sought to create the false impression of a safety issue where none existed. Q is why? Elon Musk (@elonmusk)

I am more inclined to believe them and the NHSTA has said to contradict Musk and news sties are updating that the story is false. Second, it is Tesla's official blog. The original story was from a small independent blog.

Tesla Suspension Breakage: It's Not The Crime, It's The Coverup - DailyKanban

What a horrible strategy. Essentially calling your cutomers liars.

In March of 2015 Tesla issued a Service advisory that listed a " non-safety condition " concerning the lower control arm. A PDF link is in the article I posted

Uhm, the lower control arm is a integral part of the front suspension so how is that a non-safety condition " ? Its failure at high speed can lead to a loss of control

So its Tesla's word over the word of consumers who were forces to sign a conditonal non-disclosure agreement

An agreement that Tesla was forced to modify at the behest of the NHTSA

From what we learned from GM's attempt to refuse to recall vehicles that had faulty ignition switches is that a Technical Service advisory is basically a recall avoidance device

Tesla Suspension Breakage: It's Not The Crime, It's The Coverup - DailyKanban

What a horrible strategy. Essentially calling your cutomers liars.

In March of 2015 Tesla issued a Service advisory that listed a " non-safety condition " concerning the lower control arm. A PDF link is in the article I posted

Uhm, the lower control arm is a integral part of the front suspension so how is that a non-safety condition " ? Its failure at high speed can lead to a loss of control

So its Tesla's word over the word of consumers who were forces to sign a conditonal non-disclosure agreement

An agreement that Tesla was forced to modify at the behest of the NHTSA

From what we learned from GM's attempt to refuse to recall vehicles that had faulty ignition switches is that a Technical Service advisory is basically a recall avoidance device

Instead of DailyKanBan, whatever the **** that is, do you have an NHTSA statement link?

Also, dude, they aren't calling customers liars. If the location/VIN are fraudulent, that means these reports are generated by someone other than a customer.

Back
Top Bottom