• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Terrorist testing new Biden Admin (Baghdad attack).

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Is this the terrorists testing the new Biden admin to see what he will do in response or is it merely coincidental and not connected? Are forces trying to draw Biden in to a greater conflict knowing that he is more into interventionism? I guess time will tell. I have to admit that I'm more inclined for us to not get involved and to pull out of the ME basically completely.

Maybe it's a one-off, who knows, but I feel for the victims of the attack. As someone who spent a year in Baghdad, I can't imagine what it would be like growing up in that type of environment from a kid on up.

Twin suicide bombings rock central Baghdad, at least 32 dead (apnews.com)

BAGHDAD (AP) — Twin suicide bombings ripped through a busy market in the Iraqi capital on Thursday, killing at least 32 people and wounding dozens, officials said in what was the first massive bombing in years, harkening back to darker days of rampant militant attacks.

The rare suicide bombing hit the Bab al-Sharqi commercial area in central Baghdad amid heightened political tensions over planned early elections and a severe economic crisis. Blood was splattered on the pavement of the busy market amid piles of clothes and shoes as survivors took stock of the disarray in the aftermath.

By sundown, crowds reappeared at the site of the deadly attack, carrying the coffins of the deceased in a show of defiance. Many questioned the timing of the attack, which occurred a day after President Joe Biden was sworn into office. The U.S.-led coalition recently ceased combat activities and is gradually drawing down its troop presence in Iraq, sparking fears of an IS resurgence.

Is this the terrorists testing the new Biden admin to see what he will do in response or is it merely coincidental and not connected? Are forces trying to draw Biden in to a greater conflict knowing that he is more into interventionism? I guess time will tell. I have to admit that I'm more inclined for us to not get involved and to pull out of the ME basically completely.

Maybe it's a one-off, who knows, but I feel for the victims of the attack. As someone who spent a year in Baghdad, I can't imagine what it would be like growing up in that type of environment from a kid on up.

Twin suicide bombings rock central Baghdad, at least 32 dead (apnews.com)

BAGHDAD (AP) — Twin suicide bombings ripped through a busy market in the Iraqi capital on Thursday, killing at least 32 people and wounding dozens, officials said in what was the first massive bombing in years, harkening back to darker days of rampant militant attacks.

The rare suicide bombing hit the Bab al-Sharqi commercial area in central Baghdad amid heightened political tensions over planned early elections and a severe economic crisis. Blood was splattered on the pavement of the busy market amid piles of clothes and shoes as survivors took stock of the disarray in the aftermath.

By sundown, crowds reappeared at the site of the deadly attack, carrying the coffins of the deceased in a show of defiance. Many questioned the timing of the attack, which occurred a day after President Joe Biden was sworn into office. The U.S.-led coalition recently ceased combat activities and is gradually drawing down its troop presence in Iraq, sparking fears of an IS resurgence.
?? Sounds more like they're testing Baghdad's police force, or government. This was obviously was not an attack against our military, but a bombing in a "busy market". We are certainly not Baghdad's police force. In fact, we only have 3,000 remaining troops in country.

No response by the US is called for.

it will be used to bring more troops in the US

The Americans have no business killing more people in the Middle East. Getting a new president has done nothing to make anyone safer in this world. Donald Trump, for all his many faults, at least did not invade any country or get involved in foreign wars. Apart from sending beautiful rockets that killed three people in Syria and an extra judicial murder of a few Iranians in Iraq for a conference, Donald Trump did less harm and caused less death than any American president of late.

Back
Top Bottom