• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Terrorist Attack at U.S. university:

Kelzie said:
Mmm...actually CU Boulder had an episode last semester with a white guy sending death threats to blacks on the campus telling them to get out. Bet you didn't hear about that. Seeing as he had a political purpose, it could even be classified as terrorism.

You humor me! You ought to pick up some crime statistics since YOU want to dwell on race, & crime. You might be surprised to know that at least 60% of victims of blacks are white.

Not to forget the fact that minorities comprise roughly only 12-14% of the TOTAL population, ..but are COMMITING OVER 70% of ALL THE CRIME IN AMERICA.

IF THATS NOT DAILY TERRORISM, ..I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IN THE HELL IS??

A black person can casually walk almost anywhere in any community without fear of violence committed against him in MOST circumstances, or her, & then IF it happens THEY have the full weight, & might of the federal government behind them, ..inventing "NEW" ways to prosecute that evil caucasion besides the laws that have already been on the books for assault, murder...or whatever.

The opposite is NOT true whatsoever, ..& IF you attempt to dig deeper into this information, ..you WILL have a difficult time trying to find it because it is NOT politically correct, ...because afteral, YOU HAVE BEEN BRED, schooled, & FED ON THE NOTION THAT BLACKS ARE ALWAYS VICTIMS, ..but NEVER the villains, ..but your EYES tell you something different altogether but your liberal ideology is standing in the way for you to admit it!

Learn to deal with those truths, ..instead of trying to invent more "Phoney" victims of the white man, ..for focus groups rights that in actually sure in hell are "RARELY" victims but "perpetuators" of violent crime themselves, ..NOT VICTIMS!

I know, ..sometimes the truth really does suck, ..but then again, so does "unfettered liberalism"!;)

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
You humor me! You ought to pick up some crime statistics since YOU want to dwell on race, & crime. You might be surprised to know that at least 60% of victims of blacks are white.

Not to forget the fact that minorities comprise roughly only 12-14% of the TOTAL population, ..but are COMMITING OVER 70% of ALL THE CRIME IN AMERICA.

A black person can casually walk almost anywhere in any community without fear of violence committed against him in MOST circumstances, or her, & then IF it happens THEY have the full weight, & might of the federal government behind them, ..inventing "NEW" ways to prosecute that evil caucasion besides the laws that have already been on the books for assault, murder...or whatever.

The opposite is NOT true whatsoever, ..& IF you attempt to dig deeper into this information, ..you WILL have a difficult time trying to find it because it is NOT politically correct, ...because afteral, YOU HAVE BEEN BRED, schooled, & FED ON THE NOTION THAT BLACKS ARE ALWAYS VICTIMS, ..but NEVER the villains, ..but your EYES tell you something different altogether but your liberal ideology is standing in the way for you to admit it!

Learn to deal with those truths, ..instead of trying to invent more "Phoney" victims of the white man, ..for focus groups rights that in actually sure in hell are "RARELY" victims but "perpetuators" of violent crime themselves, ..NOT VICTIMS!

I know, ..sometimes the truth really does suck, ..but then again, so does "unfettered liberalism"!;)

But that is because the justice system is all white, and they are prejudiced. Or it is because they all live in the ghettos and don't get paid enough for jobs, or welfare screws them out of much deserved money. Or their schools are underfunded and look like gang warfare zones. They are down trodden and oppressed by the white man. The evidence is everywhere. Look at all the White College Funds out there putting white kids through school because they are white. Or all the job hiring preference because the business has to meet a certain quota of white people or be fined. Or the fact that if anyone fails to hire a white guy, it is OBVIOUSLY because he his white.

Takes his sarcasm hat off.

:confused:

Stu Ghatze said:

What exactly are you talking about?

Datamonkee said:
But that is because the justice system is all white, and they are prejudiced. Or it is because they all live in the ghettos and don't get paid enough for jobs, or welfare screws them out of much deserved money. Or their schools are underfunded and look like gang warfare zones. They are down trodden and oppressed by the white man.
Takes his sarcasm hat off.

:confused:

I agree that it is definitely a money issue vs a racial issue. If you don't have money and grow up in a poor bad neighborhood you are more to attend crap schools and more likely to commit a crime and furthermore you are less likely to be able to afford good legal representation after commiting a crime. Anyway that's my opinion on "crime statistics."

However in regards to the topic of this thread that guy was a terrorist.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
What exactly are you talking about?

Dear kelzie, ..You post 1-incident of a white racist who threatened some black students at a university.

I give you facts that are much more alarming, ..& in fact were not just threats but ONGOING crime that happens daily.

I believe you should be MORE alarmed with the latter than with the former. Racial threats are bad enough, but only just a threat, whereas the latter has been a continued cycle of crime & violence put into practice.

Kelzie said:
Uh huh. So OBL is a terrorist but IF you see it another way...whatever. I don't buy it. We don't have a definition of terrorism so you can "if" and "but" your way out of it.

WHY do you make every exchange painful?

By law, the guy in your example was charged with ASSAULT. I was just pointing out that American-on-American violence is not generally considered TERRORISM. It has just been divided recently into violence and 'Hate Crime' based on color/race/sex/etc.

Obviously the process of defining or categorizing these crimes are skewed/suspect, especially when an Iranian-born individual living in America can 'strap on a car' (instead of a suicide belt), attempt to murder as many Americans as possible by running them over, say he did it for the radical muslims we are fighting, and STILL NOT get charged with terrorism! THAT is what I am saying! :roll:

easyt65 said:
WHY do you make every exchange painful?

By law, the guy in your example was charged with ASSAULT. I was just pointing out that American-on-American violence is not generally considered TERRORISM. It has just been divided recently into violence and 'Hate Crime' based on color/race/sex/etc.

Obviously the process of defining or categorizing these crimes are skewed/suspect, especially when an Iranian-born individual living in America can 'strap on a car' (instead of a suicide belt), attempt to murder as many Americans as possible by running them over, say he did it for the radical muslims we are fighting, and STILL NOT get charged with terrorism! THAT is what I am saying! :roll:

Oklahoma City? No? Not terrorism? You've got some weird (and incorrect) definitions there.

Terrorists have a goal that they try and obtain through terror. That's it. End of definition. It's beautiful in it's simplicity. You can't redefine it cause you don't think racial terrorism should matter.

And it takes two to tango buddy.

Stu Ghatze said:
Dear kelzie, ..You post 1-incident of a white racist who threatened some black students at a university.

I give you facts that are much more alarming, ..& in fact were not just threats but ONGOING crime that happens daily.

I believe you should be MORE alarmed with the latter than with the former. Racial threats are bad enough, but only just a threat, whereas the latter has been a continued cycle of crime & violence put into practice.

And....what does that have to do with anything? Did I ever say I wasn't alarmed? No. We were talking about terrorism at a school that didn't get reported. I also had a story of terrorism at a school that didn't get reported in the national media. Did I say this is the ONLY crime that matters? No. Did I say that black people don't commit crimes? No. Did I say that we should only pay attention to when whites commit crimes? No. Are you catching my drift?

Kelzie said:
Oklahoma City? No? Not terrorism? You've got some weird (and incorrect) definitions there.

Terrorists have a goal that they try and obtain through terror. That's it. End of definition. It's beautiful in it's simplicity. You can't redefine it cause you don't think racial terrorism should matter.

And it takes two to tango buddy.

WHEN did I EVER mention Oklahoma City or say that the OK City bombing was NOT Terrorism? There you go again, skewing our discussion and putting words in my mouth that I never said...making any discussion with you painful becuause of tactics like this!

The onlyexample you mentioned, that we were talking about, was some case where a white guy threatened a black guy and told him to leave school - a RACIST act and an act of assault, as per the result of the trial/the conviction. NOW you throw in OK City out of the blue and this accusation that at some point i have said THAT was not terrorism? Get a grip, Kelzie!

The only thing REMOTELY close to that is when I said:
I was just pointing out that American-on-American violence is not generally considered TERRORISM.
- I was talking about your average, every-day American-on-American violence not some extraordinary act of terrorism like OK City! Ya know, like fisticuffs, etc.... And again, I never said ANYTHING about the OK City bombing, least of all that it wass not an act of terrorism. That was some BS accusation/spin that you pulled from goodness knows where!

easyt65 said:
WHEN did I EVER mention Oklahoma City or say that the OK City bombing was NOT Terrorism? There you go again, skewing our discussion and putting words in my mouth that I never said...making any discussion with you painful becuause of tactics like this!

The onlyexample you mentioned, that we were talking about, was some case where a white guy threatened a black guy and told him to leave school - a RACIST act and an act of assault, as per the result of the trial/the conviction. NOW you throw in OK City out of the blue and this accusation that at some point i have said THAT was not terrorism? Get a grip, Kelzie!

The only thing REMOTELY close to that is when I said:
I was just pointing out that American-on-American violence is not generally considered TERRORISM.
- I was talking about your average, every-day American-on-American violence not some extraordinary act of terrorism like OK City! Ya know, like fisticuffs, etc.... And again, I never said ANYTHING about the OK City bombing, least of all that it wass not an act of terrorism. That was some BS accusation/spin that you pulled from goodness knows where!

So there are some instances when American on American violence CAN be classified as terrorism. Thanks. I thought so.

It wasn't one black guy. It was multiple black students.

Since you appear to be having problems with the definition of terrorism, here's one from the DoD:

"the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological."

Wow. Look at that. The threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear....to coerce societies...in the persuit of goals that are...ideological. It's like it's exactly what I was talking about. Oh wait. It is.

So now your turn. Prove it wasn't a terrorist act according to this definition.

Kelzie said:
So there are some instances when American on American violence CAN be classified as terrorism. Thanks. I thought so.

I NEVER said it COULDN'T be, you crazy dingbat!

Kelzie said:
It wasn't one black guy. It was multiple black students.
Since you appear to be having problems with the definition of terrorism.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is the COLORADO Judicial system who perhaps is having problems with the definition of 'terrorism' as it was THEY who found this/these guys guilty of "Assault" - NOT ME!

Kelzie said:
So now your turn. Prove it wasn't a terrorist act according to this definition.
OK, here's the only proof I have - The Colorado Jusicial System concluded, by your own admission, that the case in question was NOT an act of terrorism but of simple ASSAULT. Furthermore, the United states Federal Goverment - NOT ME -, who came up with the definition of 'terrorism', is refusing to charge the kid in North Carolina who ran over Americans with a terrorist act.

So maybe THEY have a problem with their own definition of terrorism! but as for ME, Easyt, I have no problems with the definition!

Personally, When someone blows up a building and kills someone, I don't think we need seperate distinctions like 'Act of Terror' or 'Hate Crime' since these acts are already covered by 'Murder', 'Assault', etc...! Murder is murder, assault is assault! Are we gonna give a guy LESS time because he killed 10 people because of race rather than because he is a terrorist! Bottom line - the dude in question here committed murder and deserves the death penalty. I could care less WHY he did it, unless it was in self-defense!

To illustrate more where I am coming from - I think getting someone declared INNOCENT because of Insanity IS INSANE!!
Judge Easy: "Bottom line - did you or did you do it?"
Subject: "Yes, but..."
Judge Easy: "GUILTY!"
Defense Attorney: But my client was 'Insane'.
Judge Easy: "It doesn't change the fact that he DID kill the guy. The Insanity plea will be considered in the SENTENCING! (As in 'time in a mental institution being your punishment, etc....')

Last edited:
easyt65 said:
I NEVER said it COULDN'T be, you crazy dingbat!

Don't call names. Or at least if you do, make them creative. Oh wait, I can't say that. Don't call names.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is the COLORADO Judicial system who perhaps is having problems with the definition of 'terrorism' as it was THEY who found this/these guys guilty of "Assault" - NOT ME!

You are more certainly correct. They do have the wrong definition. However, seeing as you share their belief that it was not terrorism, it would appear you do too.

OK, here's the only proof I have - The Colorado Jusicial System concluded, by your own admission, that the case in question was NOT an act of terrorism but of simple ASSAULT. Furthermore, the United states Federal Goverment, who came up with the definition of 'terrorism', is refusing to charge the kid in North Carolina who ran over Americans with a terrorist act.

Somaybe THEY have a problem with their own definition of terrorism! but as for ME, Easyt, I have no problems with the definition!

And yet you said what happened at my school wasn't terrorism. So obviously you do have a problem with the definition. I'm still waiting for you to prove it wasn't terrorism by that definition.

Personally, When someone blows up a building and kills someone, I don't think we need seperate distinctions like 'Act of Terror' or 'Hate Crime' since these acts are already covered by 'Murder', 'Assault', etc...! Murder is murder, assault is assault! Are we gonna give a guy LESS time because he killed 10 people because of race rather than because he is a terrorist! Bottom line - the dude in question here committed murder and deserves the death penalty. I could care less WHY he did it, unless it was in self-defense!

Meh. I'm ambivilant. I would be much happier being killed because I cheated on my husband rather than cause I'm a woman. Maybe that's just me. I'd rather something happen because of what I did instead of who I am. But on the other hand, I'd still be dead. So I can see your point too.

To illustrate more where I am coming from - I think getting someone declared INNOCENT because of Insanity IS INSANE!!
Judge Easy: "Bottom line - did you or did you do it?"
Subject: "Yes, but..."
Judge Easy: "GUILTY!"
Defense Attorney: But my client was 'Insane'.
Judge Easy: "It doesn't change the fact that he DID kill the guy. The Insanity plea will be considered in the SENTENCING! (As in 'time in a mental institution being your punishment, etc....')

Okay....

Kelzie said:
I'm still waiting for you to prove it wasn't terrorism by that definition.....
As I said, youhave a beef with Colorado, NOT ME! Go bug the cr@p out of them to find out why THEY charged these guys with assault and not terrorism.

Kelzie said:
Meh. I'm ambivilant. I would be much happier being killed because I cheated on my husband rather than cause I'm a woman. Maybe that's just me. I'd rather something happen because of what I did instead of who I am. But on the other hand, I'd still be dead. So I can see your point too....

You would rather die for a 'good' reason - me, I would just rather not die! If someone kills me, fry 'em! charge 'em with whatever makes you feel better/happy. 'Murder' is fine....'Terrorism' is OK, even the infamous 'Hate Crime' will do, but find 'em guilty and fry 'em!

People try to find 'good' reasons to die - you aren't the 1st who I have heard say somehthing like, "His death just doesn't make sense." Welcome to the world we live in where there are some CRAZY and disturbed people out there who do some pretty evil things for no apparent reason! A 14yo kid bringing an Uzi to school and killing several schoolmates and his principal is nuts. Strapping a suicide belt to a 12 yo and convincing them to climb onto an Israeli bus before setting it off is insane. Being shot because you're cheating on your husband is pretty out there, too. All are from different reasons, I am sure, but in each case the victims are just as dead, and the criminals are still just as guilty of committing murder!

easyt65 said:
As I said, youhave a beef with Colorado, NOT ME! Go bug the cr@p out of them to find out why THEY charged these guys with assault and not terrorism.

Colorado isn't going to listen to me. So I come here to debate. Why exactly are you here? Because it certainly doesn't seem to be to debate...well, at least once you start finding it difficult to back up your opinion. Then you're all Mr. Reality. :roll:

easyt65 said:
You would rather die for a 'good' reason - me, I would just rather not die! If someone kills me, fry 'em! charge 'em with whatever makes you feel better/happy. 'Murder' is fine....'Terrorism' is OK, even the infamous 'Hate Crime' will do, but find 'em guilty and fry 'em!

People try to find 'good' reasons to die - you aren't the 1st who I have heard say somehthing like, "His death just doesn't make sense." Welcome to the world we live in where there are some CRAZY and disturbed people out there who do some pretty evil things for no apparent reason! A 14yo kid bringing an Uzi to school and killing several schoolmates and his principal is nuts. Strapping a suicide belt to a 12 yo and convincing them to climb onto an Israeli bus before setting it off is insane. Being shot because you're cheating on your husband is pretty out there, too. All are from different reasons, I am sure, but in each case the victims are just as dead, and the criminals are still just as guilty of committing murder!

Okay.

Back
Top Bottom