• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Terrorism, should it be ignored?

Clinton stratedgy was completely ineffective when it comes to fighting terrorism. The Bush stratedgy enflames terrorism. He is moving in the wrong direction.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Clinton stratedgy was completely ineffective when it comes to fighting terrorism. The Bush stratedgy enflames terrorism. He is moving in the wrong direction.

Maybe if we offer them cookies and milk.

Or sweet, tasty Pez......mmmmmmm.....Pez....

teacher said:
Maybe if we offer them cookies and milk.

Or sweet, tasty Pez......mmmmmmm.....Pez....

Sounds good.

Though I think this might be a little risky:

practicalpigpez.jpg

GarzaUK said:
What? Al-Queida hoped you would respond by force. You seem to forget that these people WANT a war between the west and the east, between christain/judaism and muslim. Bush has given them everything they ever dreamed of - war. That's probably why Bin Laden was hoping Bush would get re-elected.

Good point. ;)

Oh and Al-Queida is still on the offensive - more deaths in Iraq today

Except Al-Qaeda is not in Iraq.Al-Qaeda's remnants are stuck in North West Pakistan and utterly impotent on a international scale.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Sounds good.

Though I think this might be a little risky:
Yea, you pobably just lost buku points in the community by stooping to my level. Way to be noncomformist. :applaud :bravo:
practicalpigpez.jpg

Classic. I take back all tongue in cheek slights. Gandhi, you are da man.

Can you do one of maybe W. offering Saddam a Pez?

And do you how I could make that picture my avatar? You know the thing that goes under my name.

Living in Israel my whole life I have not been granted the luxury of ignoring terrorism no one here has. But I can say this, you cannot ignore terrorism or it will come to strike you, we must all stand together and fight them. It is this simple it is a war and we must all fight them.

I thank you for your post! :2dancing: With a 7up man! hehe. Thank you for your support. :mrgreen:

the problem is that none of the critics of our current terror policies are coming up with more effective strategies. despite our weak border control there have been no major terrorist attacks since 9/11. wouldnt one think that we're moving in the right direction?

FiremanRyan said:
the problem is that none of the critics of our current terror policies are coming up with more effective strategies.

Attacking the causes of terrorism has been proposed by many, but you know the damn liberal media: They don't cover stuff like that. If we were to get some great minds together and think about how best go about this, I'm sure some truly innovative and new ideas would emerge. One wonders if Bush would care to listen.

despite our weak border control there have been no major terrorist attacks since 9/11. wouldnt one think that we're moving in the right direction?

I guess Madrid, Russia, and London don't count because there were no American casualties?

Gandhi>Bush said:
Attacking the causes of terrorism has been proposed by many, but you know the damn liberal media: They don't cover stuff like that. If we were to get some great minds together and think about how best go about this, I'm sure some truly innovative and new ideas would emerge. One wonders if Bush would care to listen.

I guess Madrid, Russia, and London don't count because there were no American casualties?

Isn't that splitting hairs, just a bit? Where was 9/11.. on American soil, which is how I interpreted the remark, Ghandi.

You keep saying... get great minds and come up with something? What something? Until 9/11... no one came up with anything. Now all of sudden, there's something to come up with? Stop trying to put it on other people. Your ideas, please, because the way I see it... You don't like the policy, but don't have a better one, other than to psycho analyze them... and well, I don't know about you, but I surely don't want to sit in a room with them going... "And what of your childhood? Did mom and dad love you enough? why do you hate America?" That's just nonsense, and the type of baloney that makes these monsters think they're stronger.

debate_junkie said:
Isn't that splitting hairs, just a bit? Where was 9/11.. on American soil, which is how I interpreted the remark, Ghandi.

What is so complex about the name "Gandhi" that makes it impossible for one to spell? Just playing with ya... :lol:

You keep saying... get great minds and come up with something? What something? Until 9/11... no one came up with anything.

Who was trying? In America, probably no one. It took a few thousand people to die before we decided to deal with it. I'm glad that we're dealing with it now, but we're going about it the wrong way. Killing people and making others homeless, no matter if they are good guys or bad guys, draws more people into this retarded war. You will never kill all of the terrorists. Where you kill one, two will emerge, and it will never end. It is the same way that they will never kill every American.

Now all of sudden, there's something to come up with? Stop trying to put it on other people. Your ideas, please, because the way I see it... You don't like the policy, but don't have a better one, other than to psycho analyze them... and well, I don't know about you, but I surely don't want to sit in a room with them going... "And what of your childhood?

Couldn't care less.

Did mom and dad love you enough?

Couldn't care less.

why do you hate America?" That's just nonsense, and the type of baloney that makes these monsters think they're stronger.

How in God's name is that question nonsense? That is how this war will be won. Not with M16s or any amount of soldiers willing to kill; willing to die. It will be won with a legitmate answer to that question.

If they don't hate America, they will not want us dead. Is that concept so full of nonsense that you will refuse to discuss how to making it a reality?

MY IDEAS:

They are starving. We are obese. They overcrowded into small homes in desert heat. We are quite comfortable with air conditioning and ice water on demand. Where does crime come from in the US? People with low education and people from places of poverty.

This is not so different from when it comes on a global scale.

Attack the cause of terrorism, NOT THE TERRORISTS because currently this asanine war we've gotten our selves into isn't working.

teacher said:
Spain tucked tail and ran. Russia just kills them. Brittan, I've a good idea what they will do, but we'll see.

Russian school bombing was what I was refering to.

My point was that terrorism has declined in America, but because of our homeland security efforts. I AM NOT REFERING TO THE PATRIOT ACT. We've devoted more funds to our intelligence communities and and we've made reforms to them. We're focusing on defense, which is a great thing. But that doesn't mean that we haven't arrested terrorist cells. I've heard from different articles about terrorists coming across the border. That kind of pisses me off because I live in Texas.... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom