• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Terrorism, imam expelled from Italy for security reasons: "Attitude radical"

Aramone

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Terrorism, imam expelled from Italy for security reasons: "Attitude radical"
Source Fatto Quotidiano Ita Traslate

Mohammed Madad, 51 years and resident up to 6 months ago in the province of Reggio Emilia and recently near Vicenza, has been repatriated to Morocco on decision of the Minister of the Interior for reasons of public order. He can not come back for the next 15 years

Italy would be a nice place to visit if it were not for the tourist tax. I had to pay 65 euros the last time I stayed in Rome! :mad:

Interesting. The guy was kicked out because he was becoming increasingly radical in his teachings but, as far as anyone knows, hasn't violated any laws. My guess is that the decision will be overturned but, considering some of the stuff that's happened elsewhere in Europe, others might follow this lead.

in sermons he prayed death as a just curse, for people using the bathing suit, during the tsunami

in sermons he prayed death as a just curse, for people using the bathing suit, during the tsunami

That isn't "radical". That is personalized God as in many traditional religions. I should hope that they had a better reason than that.

Interesting. The guy was kicked out because he was becoming increasingly radical in his teachings but, as far as anyone knows, hasn't violated any laws. My guess is that the decision will be overturned but, considering some of the stuff that's happened elsewhere in Europe, others might follow this lead.

That would certainly through an troubling light on the state of political culture in the country. As it corresponds to developments elsewhere in the EU I would tend to believe it, though.

Good.. has been happening all over Europe for years, but is rarely reported.

I do not care enough about Italy to bother looking up their speech laws..........I am still recovering from a few Naples hangovers from the 80's-90's. ;)

Back
Top Bottom