• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Terrorest With Or Without Wmds

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My fellow debate members I must ask all of you this QUESTION do the terrorest need WMD'S ??????

Just look around you every day in every CITY or TOWN across AMERICA YOU SEE TRUCKS and FRIGHT TRAINS CARRING commpressed NATURAL GAS ,
AMMONIA , HIGHLY TOXIC CHEMICALS , OXYGEN,

A LIST OF CHEMICALS YOU NEED TO BE A CHEMIST TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE

Just use your imagination for a minute and think if someone wanted to they could take a HIGH POWERED RIFFLE WITH AN ARMORED PIECING BULLET and shoot it though one of those trucks carring COMMPRESSED NATURAL GAS !!
or a FRIGHT TRAIN CARRING AMMONIA, or A TRUCK WITH SOME CHEMICALS YOU NEVER EVEN HEARD OF !!!!!.

JUST AS IT WAS COMMING THOUGH your town USA

Or just as it is so easy to smuggle in 10lbs-50lbs-100lbs-500 lbs IT WOULD BE JUST AS EASY TO SMUGGLE IN SOME SHOULDER LUNCHING MISSILES, i.e SURFACE TO AIR MISSILES and these could be used BLOW UP A SPORTS ARENA or A CONCERT HALL IN YOUR TOWN !!!

I live in Boston MASS so I'LL use the FLEET CENTER during a Basketball GAME theirs some 35000 people in their 3-5-7- of these missiles AND IT"S WIPED OUT

SO WHO NEEDS WMDS WE HAVE ALL THE BOMBS RIGHT HERE IN OUR BACK YARD!!

THINK!! THINK!!THINK!!THINK!!THINK!!
FREEDOM69

Or better yet someone can get a gun in the US and start shooting the place, or someone could get a sniper rifle and start sniping the place up (sound familar), maybe it is time to realize your guns can work against you as well, not for you. I know America will never be rid of it's guns like Europe, but imagine if it was, thousands of lives will be saved!

GarzaUK said:
Or better yet someone can get a gun in the US and start shooting the place, or someone could get a sniper rifle and start sniping the place up (sound familar), maybe it is time to realize your guns can work against you as well, not for you. I know America will never be rid of it's guns like Europe, but imagine if it was, thousands of lives will be saved!

I don't think that would have been the case with Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Will we have to get rid of our knives too?

GarzaUK said:

First let me confess that as part of my business- I sell firearms. Due to this I've been making an effort to stay out of the gun owner debate. So having fessed up to that:

First, it's not going to happen, as you said. I know you guy's in other countries don't understand this but the gun ownership right is something that many in this country would literally go to war over. It's in our founding documents. It's just never going to happen. Plus, the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Personally, I rarely sell a hand gun. Mostly hunting rifles. And no they're not sniper rifles I'm just calling hunting rifles. They're deer and elk rifles and that's what my customers are using them for. Though one guy was pretty ticked off at his mother-in-law J/K.

And why do I get the feeling from reading posts from people in other countries that you're getting you're main impression of what it's like to live in America from aVin Diesel movie? Seriously snipers on roofs? Shooting up the place? Sure it happens and I know and it makes good news footage. But by all means it not like that's the norm. I worked in law enforcement for 16 years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been involved in a violent altercation. None of those altercations involved guns. Though three did involve knives. Most law enforcement officers in the US will tell you it's almost always better to talk then act. Of course if someone is actually pointing a gun at you or someone else talking's not really an option. But short of that, talk it out. Everbody walks away from a talk.

So getting rid of the guns is not an option. What I don't understand, and somebody clue me in if they do. Why do we here in the US have such high gun violence and why does Canada, who is also one gun loving gun owning country, have so few?

Pacridge said:
Seriously snipers on roofs? Shooting up the place?

So getting rid of the guns is not an option. What I don't understand, and somebody clue me in if they do. Why do we here in the US have such high gun violence and why does Canada, who is also one gun loving gun owning country, have so few?

Washington Sniper! And know it rarely happens, but it does happen - thats the problem. That is the same question I posed a month back, it baffles me as well. I would probably own a hunting rifle or a hunting bow - to hunt a dear - never hunted before.

But owning handguns, automatic weapons? Do you really need them? Is America that unsafe that you have to keep a loaded gun in your house (I'm saying not everyone does.)

My dad had a handgun for his job, when I was six i got it from the top of the closet - it was loaded and I was playing with it. The severity of the moment now hits you though, I mean I could have killed myself.

GarzaUK said:
Washington Sniper! And know it rarely happens, but it does happen - thats the problem. That is the same question I posed a month back, it baffles me as well. I would probably own a hunting rifle or a hunting bow - to hunt a dear - never hunted before.

But owning handguns, automatic weapons? Do you really need them? Is America that unsafe that you have to keep a loaded gun in your house (I'm saying not everyone does.) In our constitution we have a right to bare arms, not to hunt or even defend ourselves but to overthrough an out of control gov. like we did before. Our guns are supposed to be registered and listened. Here in Texas you can get a permit to carry a gun conceled. Most of the time the crimes are commited with unlicensed guns. It's not the lawabbiding gun carrying citizens that are the problem, but the criminal gun carriers that would have guns if they were illegal or not.

alienken said:
GarzaUK said:

But owning handguns, automatic weapons? Do you really need them? Is America that unsafe that you have to keep a loaded gun in your house (I'm saying not everyone does.) In our constitution we have a right to bare arms, not to hunt or even defend ourselves but to overthrough an out of control gov. like we did before. Our guns are supposed to be registered and listened. Here in Texas you can get a permit to carry a gun conceled. Most of the time the crimes are commited with unlicensed guns. It's not the lawabbiding gun carrying citizens that are the problem, but the criminal gun carriers that would have guns if they were illegal or not.

Not all gun are registered or licensed (I assume you mean licensed) and I'm not sure they're supposed to be either. I know of no law that says all gun must be registered. There a ton of firearms out there that have never been registered. They pass from private buyer to private buyer every year, no registration, no license.

GarzaUK said:

But owning handguns, automatic weapons? Do you really need them? Is America that unsafe that you have to keep a loaded gun in your house (I'm saying not everyone does.)

My dad had a handgun for his job, when I was six i got it from the top of the closet - it was loaded and I was playing with it. The severity of the moment now hits you though, I mean I could have killed myself.

Yeah, it happens. I certainly not attempting to say it doesn't happen. I'm just saying it's not the norm. America is much safer than a lot of places. The violent crime rate in New York is less than half of that of Mexico City.

And what question did you pose a month back? I'm a little lost.

As for handguns and automatic weapons. Handgun ownership in most states requires a longer wait period and the background check is more closely screened. You guy's in other countries do realize that buying a gun isn't like buying a candy bar? There's paper work, ID, background checks and waiting periods. As for automatic weapons I've sold two, both to the County Sherrif's Department. The average citizen usually can't buy an automatic weapon. There's a ton of paper work, a special license and a fairly hefty fee.

GarzaUK said:

This argument comes up a lot. My mother-in-law detests guns because her 5 year old cousin found a gun and it went off. He died. I'm not accusing you or your father of anything, but whose fault is it that you got a hold of the gun? Whose fault was it in my mother-in-law's case? Responsible safe keeping and educating kids/teenagers to respect guns is up to the individual gun owner. Banning guns as a blanket policy in order to protect people is not the way to deal with this type of incident.

I'm glad no harm came to you in the incident you described.

Batman said:
This argument comes up a lot. My mother-in-law detests guns because her 5 year old cousin found a gun and it went off. He died. I'm not accusing you or your father of anything, but whose fault is it that you got a hold of the gun? Whose fault was it in my mother-in-law's case? Responsible safe keeping and educating kids/teenagers to respect guns is up to the individual gun owner. Banning guns as a blanket policy in order to protect people is not the way to deal with this type of incident.

I'm glad no harm came to you in the incident you described.

Unless a child breaks into a locked gun cabinet, any crime committed by a child who takes a gun from home...meaning a gun that is not secured properly, then the parents should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

If a murder is committed by a child with a gun that was not secured, then lock the parents up and throw away the key.

Hoot said:
Unless a child breaks into a locked gun cabinet, any crime committed by a child who takes a gun from home...meaning a gun that is not secured properly, then the parents should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

If a murder is committed by a child with a gun that was not secured, then lock the parents up and throw away the key.

I can see that to some extent, but how far do we take it? Propane tanks can be made into homemade bombs - padlock the grill and punish the parents if the kid breaks the lock, makes a bomb, and kills someone?

Batman said:
I can see that to some extent, but how far do we take it? Propane tanks can be made into homemade bombs - padlock the grill and punish the parents if the kid breaks the lock, makes a bomb, and kills someone?

If the kid broke the lock, then the parents wouldn't be prosecuted...except for dismally failing that child as parents.

Let's face it, not everyone has the "smarts" to be a parent.

We had an out-of-control teenager. We had trouble keeping her in school even at home, I had to call the cops everytime she ran off mad.I proposed getting a good lock for her bedroom door and board up her windows. The policeman said that the CPS would have a problem with that. This teenage girl knew how to work the CPS and accused me of beating her to get me back for grounding her. No Excuses here we made mistakes and no matter what this reflects badly on us as parents but sometimes the state makes trouble for parents and offer no help or solutions. I did not get a gun because of her.

Back
Top Bottom