• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Terrible News fro Moscow´s gang! Australia to build eight nuclear-powered submarines under new Indo-Pacific pact

TV.ru

the reality : Air-independent propulsion (AIP), or air-independent power, is any marine propulsion technology that allows a non-nuclear submarine to operate without access to atmospheric oxygen (by surfacing or using a snorkel). AIP can augment or replace the diesel-electric propulsion system of non-nuclear vessels.

And all nuclear submarines have air-independent propulsion. Most of Russia's subs are nuclear powered and thus AIP.

TV.ru

the reality : Air-independent propulsion (AIP), or air-independent power, is any marine propulsion technology that allows a non-nuclear submarine to operate without access to atmospheric oxygen (by surfacing or using a snorkel). AIP can augment or replace the diesel-electric propulsion system of non-nuclear vessels.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

All nukes are AIP.

Its clear that pro -Moscow (pro - orient) crew hate this news , and its clear 0 chance for Moscow and China´s barbarians to expand in this region

Eight nuclear powered submarines sounds expensive.
Allan whats about nuclear technologies, (including nuclear fuel production) ? A. is very technologically advanced and rich in natural recurses state . Wouldn't A. capable to monetize on this very popular again technologies ?

Its clear that pro -Moscow (pro - orient) crew hate this news , and its clear 0 chance for Moscow and China´s barbarians to expand in this region

It is clear Litwin once again talks out his ass.

RUSSIA isn't getting Alaska back any more than China is getting Siberia from RUSSIA.

Allan whats about nuclear technologies, (including nuclear fuel production) ? A. is very technologically advanced and rich in natural recurses state . Wouldn't A. capable to monetize on this very popular again technologies ?

What about it?

Why would they do so?

Not sure what your point is. Canada is already quite advanced in that science and has nuclear power plants.

A. is Australia.

Litwin often uses only a letter to indicate a country.
I see. I'd make the same point to a degree - Australia is advanced enough to develop a useful nuclear program if they wish to some day build nuclear power plants. They don't need subs using unrelated technology to do so.

I see. I'd make the same point to a degree - Australia is advanced enough to develop a useful nuclear program if they wish to some day build nuclear power plants. They don't need subs using unrelated technology to do so.

I once asked if inactive nuke ships and subs could be connected to the grid for cheap additional electricity.

Once you figure in additional costs it didn't seem feasible.

Not sure what your point is. Canada is already quite advanced in that science and has nuclear power plants.
Biden said that we are delivering to A. technologies which worked perfectly many decades , i assume that submarines nuclear technologies are different from NPP technologies, plus A.´ll get conversational (best in the world )technologies which very view counties have . I am sure that A.´d monetize them in a future , am I right ?

Biden said that we are delivering to A. technologies which worked perfectly many decades , i assume that submarines nuclear technologies are different from NPP technologies, plus A.´ll get conversational (best in the world )technologies which very view counties have . I am sure that A.´d monetize them in a future , am I right ?

Australia....

And you are blithering now.

I once asked if inactive nuke ships and subs could be connected to the grid for cheap additional electricity.

Once you figure in additional costs it didn't seem feasible.
Australia has never had a nuclear power station.
in the same time : Australia hosts 33% of the world's uranium deposits and is the world's third largest producer of uranium after Kazakhstan and Canada
Nuclear power in Australia - Wikipedia

looks like a bunch of export opportunities for my A. brothers and sisters

Australia has never had a nuclear power station.
in the same time : Australia hosts 33% of the world's uranium deposits and is the world's third largest producer of uranium after Kazakhstan and Canada
Nuclear power in Australia - Wikipedia

looks like a bunch of export opportunities for my A. brothers and sisters

How is this an answer to what I said?

Australia would not be competitive in marketing nuclear technology in the world. It will have the French, Japanese among western countries with established and effective programs. The Chinese and Russians are also going to be ahead of Australia in any international market. Heck Canada will be ahead of Australia and we can’t compete on the national international market with a proven and effective program. The US basically pulled out of nuclear power plants with Toshiba buying Westinghouse and taking a bath on it.’

Any money Australia spends on it will be only for the domestic market, and vastly overpriced compared to international suppliers.

Remember they can not build cars domestically anymore, as it was too expensive

Australia would not be competitive in marketing nuclear technology in the world. It will have the French, Japanese among western countries with established and effective programs. The Chinese and Russians are also going to be ahead of Australia in any international market. Heck Canada will be ahead of Australia and we can’t compete on the national international market with a proven and effective program. The US basically pulled out of nuclear power plants with Toshiba buying Westinghouse and taking a bath on it.’

Any money Australia spends on it will be only for the domestic market, and vastly overpriced compared to international suppliers.

Sad. Even Ford US abandoned the car market focusing on SUVs and Trucks (except for the Mustang).

whats about AIP submarines , which Moscow couldn´t build for 40 years, but A. can easy buy ....

Add the AIP system with the new Glass ion batteries and they may be able to stay under even longer
and that should worry us seeing they are a lot quieter on batteries
Have a nice day

Not likely. US nuclear technology sales come with caveats that prevent sales to 3rd parties.

Are there enough Australians to crew 8 submarines?

Where Australia is going to get the nuclear technicians is a big question that I don't think an answer exists for currently.

Not likely. US nuclear technology sales come with caveats that prevent sales to 3rd parties.
thank you guys, good posts, still, China and Moscow can sell only to poor , desperate and isolated "counries ". A. can make money in The global market for radioactive waste ( $21.3 billion by 2020) , maintenance (nuclear services) etc.

thank you guys, good posts, still, China and Moscow can sell only to poor , desperate and isolated "counries ". A. can make money in The global market for radioactive waste ( $21.3 billion by 2020) , maintenance (nuclear services) etc.

China and Moscow can sell only to poor , desperate and isolated "counries"?

China sells practically everything to the US.

Russia supplies the EU with petrochemicals.

Add the AIP system with the new Glass ion batteries and they may be able to stay under even longer
and that should worry us seeing they are a lot quieter on batteries
Have a nice day
Moscow and China can not make AIP submarines, China on paper can , but we all know quality of Hans´ products . not even close to how Swedes or Germans work

Back
Top Bottom