• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Term you use for a large police vehicle that can carry multiple suspects

A large fight broke out, cops on the way. You turn to your friend and say, "Holy cow! It's the.

• police van!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • paddy wagon!

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Black Maria!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • patrol wagon!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Be honest here. Imagine you're at a bar, and a boxy police vehicle pulls up in response to a large fight.

Be honest here. Imagine you're at a bar, and a boxy police vehicle pulls up in response to a large fight.

Its the po-po, or something more derogatory. I know boring and unimaginative. Still.

5-O rollin’!

I've always heard it called a paddy wagon.

Out of those listed...police van.

Paddy Wagon's are for those that are insane.

No clue what "Black Maria" has to do with police.

"Patrol wagon" would be a misnomer since such vehicles are not for patrolling but are instead used to transport a number of people in an emergency situations or to transport prisoners from one location to another.

Have people actually said paddy wagon since the 50's?

"Patrol wagon" would be a misnomer since such vehicles are not for patrolling but are instead used to transport a number of people in an emergency situations or to transport prisoners from one location to another.

I think you are mixing ‘Paddy” and “padded.”
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=paddy wagon

Also ‘Black Maria’ was a common term for the same thing:
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/denis-term-black-maria-come-4988100

And completely irrelevant to the topic, are the planes of #10 Squqadron in WW1

https://www.treefrogtreasures.com/p...aval-squadron-droglandt-france-june-1917.aspx

Garbage Truck?

Scum skimmer?

"Meat wagon"

4127351599_93c7d0745f_b.jpg

Whenever I see one of those things I immediately hear "Paddy Wagon" in John Mulaney's voice.

"Holy cow! It's the cops!" or "Holy cow! It's the police!"

Assuming I would ever be at a bar when a fight broke out -- a near 0 probability.

It's the Rickeroo Family Truckster.

"Look out, it's the fuzz!"

Or maybe "pigs on the wing!"

Something nostalgic or creative.

"Holy cow! It's the cops!" or "Holy cow! It's the police!"

Assuming I would ever be at a bar when a fight broke out -- a near 0 probability.

I had no idea what Black Maria was.

Been a long time since I thought of "paddy wagon". Could be conditioned to think of it again. But it's not a natural thought anymore.

"Police van" almost sounds right. "Patrol wagon" doesn't sound right.

But I wouldn't focus on the vehicle ... I would probably just say "the police!"

The taxi to Hotel Downtown.

paddy wagon.

Paddy wagon.

A popular practice of current leftwing SJWs is to try to search out anything that in the past had any racial implications, then assert therefore it is evil, and thus use it as a basis for ranting "racism!" at people. For example, declaring the hand symbol for "OK' was declared a secret KKK symbol - and then anyone who had ever been filmed doing so ONLY that the leftwing doesn't like is declared a KKK racist.

Should Star Wars movies be banned for talking about "the dark side," when clearly that is declaring black people are evil?

The meat wagon.

In Russia they use large cargo vans and special buses....

Moscow+protest.jpg

A popular practice of current leftwing SJWs is to try to search out anything that in the past had any racial implications, then assert therefore it is evil, and thus use it as a basis for ranting "racism!" at people. For example, declaring the hand symbol for "OK' was declared a secret KKK symbol - and then anyone who had ever been filmed doing so ONLY that the leftwing doesn't like is declared a KKK racist.

That's crybaby racist BS.

Democrat Voting Bus.

It was called a paddy wagon at the time because so many cops were irish so when the wagon came up it was the paddy wagon.

I can't remember the last time I actually used the word, but the first word to pop into my mind upon reading the question and before seeing the options was "paddy wagon".

I wonder if that term is considered politically incorrect now.

Back
Top Bottom