• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tensions linger between Biden and Obama camps throughout 2020

Unite the right?? So that compares to BLM? Is there anything anyone can do or tell you that would resonate with reality in your world?

So that event didn't happen? I thought we were talking about "reality"?

Your deflection dance routine is pretty amusing.

giphy.gif

Yeah, it should be entertaining between Trump talking about American Revolutionary soldiers taking over the airports and whatever gaffes come out of Biden.

Explain to me why there is such loyalty to liberalism?

Scare tactics, liberal politics of personal destruction; what do those even mean? No, Biden was not my topic pick out of the original batch; Warren would have been mine. Harris is fairly green, so how she'll fare is a question as well. That said, Trump had no political experience going into the top political job in the country and that doesn't seem to be an issue for you; so I'm not sure why you're suddenly concerned about qualifications. You seem to forget that leaders have an administration which features experts in a variety of fields to help guide the president and VP; unless you're someone who thinks they know better than everyone else and decide to go rogue.

Yep. Meaning that the president supports the nation's governors in their needs and serves as a voice of what actions need to be taken for the nation to get out of it. You know, what other presidents have done during times of crises. Trump, instead chose to downplay the virus, mock the response, and claim people wearing masks were showing disapproval of him. If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. None of what I just described would have been at odds with the Constitution or caused dependency on liberalism or any other ideology; that's just your usual deflection.

Trump's experience is in the private sector which is predominantly what our economy is and the results speak volumes, tell me exactly what Trump has done that has personally hurt you or your family that warrants your loyalty to liberalism

Downplaying the virus really bothers you, but why aren't you demonizing CDC and WHO for giving Trump information? Your bias is staggering as is your failure to understand the Constitution thus diverting blame from your governor and all governors to the President. You have like most liberals never liked Trump, for 3 1/2 years never believed a word he stated but now all of a sudden his rhetoric really bothered you. That is what is called being a hypocrite

You aren't going to believe anything that doesn't suit your ideology and radicalism

That you can accuse others of that with a straight face is a testament to the depths of trumpian hypocrisy.

Explain to me why there is such loyalty to liberalism?

beats the hell outta me:

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.[1][2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."

OTOH, I can see how such beliefs are considered evil existential threats to "conservative's" notions of what made america great.

That you can accuse others of that with a straight face is a testament to the depths of trumpian hypocrisy.

The depth of hypocrisy comes from people like you who buy rhetoric and ignore results that contradict the rhetoric. A testament to Trump is the pre pandemic results that you continue to ignore all coming from Trump economic policies

beats the hell outta me:

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.[1][2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."

OTOH, I can see how such beliefs are considered evil existential threats to "conservative's" notions of what made america great.

Show us the results that justify that definition, you think creating dependence is freedom for those that become dependent? Limited gov't?? ROFLMAO!! Civil Rights?? Passed by Republicans and certainly not promoted by BLM

Like most liberals you refuse to even attempt to offer results for your rhetoric

Trump's experience is in the private sector which is predominantly what our economy is and the results speak volumes, tell me exactly what Trump has done that has personally hurt you or your family that warrants your loyalty to liberalism

His experience was pretty mediocre.

Downplaying the virus really bothers you, but why aren't you demonizing CDC and WHO for giving Trump information? Your bias is staggering as is your failure to understand the Constitution thus diverting blame from your governor and all governors to the President. You have like most liberals never liked Trump, for 3 1/2 years never believed a word he stated but now all of a sudden his rhetoric really bothered you. That is what is called being a hypocrite

The CDC is under this administration's purview, is it not? I thought The WHO was irrelevant to you because you don't support those kind of international organizations. There is no bias required to understand the point I was making. The management of the states is on the governors, but the president could have supported their efforts through his rhetoric and resources when needed. None of that would have violated the Constitution. The fact you keep repeating this gives the appearance of you not understanding the 10th amendment.

The rest of your point is just your usual ankle biting because you keep repeating the same tired talking points that have nothing to do with any point I've made or to which I've already responded.

Stop pretending you or Trump represent the majority of them.

Because that’s how you speak.

More people voted for Obama and Hillary all times and as long as the votes are allowed to count I can say that even if Trump wins by some miracle or sheer force of cheating he has embarked upon, more people WILL vote for Biden because America is more progressive than you give it credit for.

You and Trump have never represented the majority and your backwards, regressive thinking never will.
amen..

I'm not sure why you keep stating I have a "loyalty to liberalism". That I think Trump is ineffectual and poor at most things has nothing to do with liberalism.

Then post the official results that prove your point, not opinions, not hate rhetoric, actual verifiable results. Then tell us exactly what you thought the GDP and Unemployment would be with a shutdown economy or how else should he have proceeded when the pandemic occurred? It is easy for people like you to place blame but that makes you Constitutionally challenged ignoring the 10th Amendment

His experience was pretty mediocre.

The CDC is under this administration's purview, is it not? I thought The WHO was irrelevant to you because you don't support those kind of international organizations. There is no bias required to understand the point I was making. The management of the states is on the governors, but the president could have supported their efforts through his rhetoric and resources when needed. None of that would have violated the Constitution. The fact you keep repeating this gives the appearance of you not understanding the 10th amendment.

The rest of your point is just your usual ankle biting because you keep repeating the same tired talking points that have nothing to do with any point I've made or to which I've already responded.

So you claim meeting a payroll is mediocre, making a budget is mediocre, investing your own money is mediocre?. You claim to be in the private sector in your own business, you tell me what experience you have over a public servant?

So you claim meeting a payroll is mediocre, making a budget is mediocre, investing your own money is mediocre?. You claim to be in the private sector in your own business, you tell me what experience you have over a public servant?

He didn't build the business from scratch; he went into a business that was already in place. My experience is in the private sector, and if I were to go into politics, I'd want to make sure I understand how it works before doing so.

Then post the official results that prove your point, not opinions, not hate rhetoric, actual verifiable results. Then tell us exactly what you thought the GDP and Unemployment would be with a shutdown economy or how else should he have proceeded when the pandemic occurred?

We've been through all of this before in other threads. The results of his divided strategy toward the pandemic which led to early openings of some states and the results that have prolonged the pandemic and the economic malaise. The question is, had a cautious reopening plan been what the administration encouraged, the outcome might have been quite different. You can tap dance around that all you want, but what Trump does to help the economy recover (or not) will be his to own.

It is easy for people like you to place blame but that makes you Constitutionally challenged ignoring the 10th Amendment

No, it's you who does not understand it. Nothing in the 10th amendment prevents the president from guiding the states through anything. He clearly had no problem encouraging states to reopen despite the numbers not being good for some states to do so. Where is your objection to that? You seem rather silent on that when he could have done the same to make better recommendations.

The depth of hypocrisy comes from people like you who buy rhetoric and ignore results that contradict the rhetoric. A testament to Trump is the pre pandemic results that you continue to ignore all coming from Trump economic policies

Oh yeah? You mean him having trillion dollar deficits and avg economic growth? His first three years didn't do as well as obama's last three years. He just kept up the longest continuous economic expansion in the history of the republic. he rides the wave and you think he's an economic genius.

Economic policies? Like screwing environmental protections as unnecessary business expenses? how's that trade war with china going? Canada's a national security threat?

5.5 million cases, 162K dead, testing down 13%, botched response and over 10% unemployment and 30 million americans without healthcare and tens of millions facing evictions while billions of taxpayer dollars were shoveled out to crooks, churches and luxury brands, with NO oversight.

But by all means keep spouting trumpian bull**** bumperstickers and claim everyone else is ignorant. If you didn't have projection you'd be speechless at times.

He didn't build the business from scratch; he went into a business that was already in place. My experience is in the private sector, and if I were to go into politics, I'd want to make sure I understand how it works before doing so.

He went into a business that was in place and expanded it greatly but again keep diverting from the reality that he has private sector experience, executive experience, what executive experience does either Biden/Harris have? Running a department on someone else's money isn't experience necessary to run a private sector economy. I am amazing that you don't seem to grasp that reality

We've been through all of this before in other threads. The results of his divided strategy toward the pandemic which led to early openings of some states and the results that have prolonged the pandemic and the economic malaise. The question is, had a cautious reopening plan been what the administration encouraged, the outcome might have been quite different. You can tap dance around that all you want, but what Trump does to help the economy recover (or not) will be his to own.

No, it's you who does not understand it. Nothing in the 10th amendment prevents the president from guiding the states through anything. He clearly had no problem encouraging states to reopen despite the numbers not being good for some states to do so. Where is your objection to that? You seem rather silent on that when he could have done the same to make better recommendations.

Trump doesn't have the authority to open states, only federal offices. You keep showing how civics challenged you are. Guiding the states? You ever going to respond to the statement that you haven't liked Trump or believed Trump on any issue the prior 3 plus years? Why aren't you posting WHO and CDC comments in January/February and why is exactly that you are ignoring what your state and local communities did as first responders?

Oh yeah? You mean him having trillion dollar deficits and avg economic growth? His first three years didn't do as well as obama's last three years. He just kept up the longest continuous economic expansion in the history of the republic. he rides the wave and you think he's an economic genius.

Economic policies? Like screwing environmental protections as unnecessary business expenses? how's that trade war with china going? Canada's a national security threat?

5.5 million cases, 162K dead, testing down 13%, botched response and over 10% unemployment and 30 million americans without healthcare and tens of millions facing evictions while billions of taxpayer dollars were shoveled out to crooks, churches and luxury brands, with NO oversight.

But by all means keep spouting trumpian bull**** bumperstickers and claim everyone else is ignorant. If you didn't have projection you'd be speechless at times.

Again, I don't believe 900 billion dollars a year in GDP dollar growth is mediocre but then again keep focused on percentage change as if it matters. Still waiting for what you expected the GDP, unemployment and debt to be with an economic shutdown? You ignored the Pre pandemic results and now blame Trump for the bipartisan stimulus to deal with the pandemic that is causing the debt. I gave you the link to the budget of the U.S. which you ignored. You cannot show us how Trump's 1.48 trillion dollar discretionary budget funded by FIT, CIT, and Excise tax revenue of 2 trillion dollars causes deficits?

You keep buying what the left tells you, keep focused on interfering in U.S. politics out of ignorance, keep showing how little you understand about economics and civics and I will keep pointing out as a Canadian you have no say in U.S. politics and aren't changing any minds here

Will Trump dump Pence?
Why have so many of Trump's Generals quit?
Why have so many Cabinet members been forced out, fired by the twitter coward, or quit in disgust?

I don't know or care about Pence. The few salty generals are the holdovers of the warmongers, we have no need of them. The last one is easy, Trump thought that the holdovers of the Obama era would do their best under any circumstance, he had no idea that people can be as petty as liberals tend to be. Trump made a big mistake by not firing every single Obama holdover, and then he paid for it.

As someone who used to believe the propaganda against small town rural America and believed the pro liberal city BS, as usual with liberalism, the opposite of what they say and claim is true.

Trump doesn't have the authority to open states, only federal offices. You keep showing how civics challenged you are.

I never said he did nor implied it. Your challenge is reading comprehension.

Guiding the states? You ever going to respond to the statement that you haven't liked Trump or believed Trump on any issue the prior 3 plus years?

Whether I like or dislike Trump is irrelevant. Had he communicated a sound strategy and supported the efforts of containing the spread, I would have happily supported it because it would have been the right course of action in my opinion. I supported the prison reform he passed and stated as much when that was a topic on this forum.

Why aren't you posting WHO and CDC comments in January/February and why is exactly that you are ignoring what your state and local communities did as first responders?

I haven't ignored any of that and have addressed all of this numerous times with you. I understand that you seem to have just the deflection dance left.

giphy.gif

He went into a business that was in place and expanded it greatly but again keep diverting from the reality that he has private sector experience, executive experience, what executive experience does either Biden/Harris have? Running a department on someone else's money isn't experience necessary to run a private sector economy. I am amazing that you don't seem to grasp that reality

The thing is the government is more than just running the economy, and you have economists to guide you. A private company has a much narrower scope than a government because many of the concerns the government has a private company does not. In public office you have to weigh the public good as well as private interests; something companies only due from a legal perspective so they're operating within the law. Also, if I were supporting someone from the private sector, I'd prefer someone from a publicly traded company because those company leaders are accountable to a board of directors and are used to having that in place. That is more relevant experience than just being the Lord of your own manor.

I never said he did nor implied it. Your challenge is reading comprehension.

Whether I like or dislike Trump is irrelevant. Had he communicated a sound strategy and supported the efforts of containing the spread, I would have happily supported it because it would have been the right course of action in my opinion. I supported the prison reform he passed and stated as much when that was a topic on this forum.

I haven't ignored any of that and have addressed all of this numerous times with you. I understand that you seem to have just the deflection dance left.

giphy.gif

Does it really matter what so called sound strategy Trump could have proposed when states control their activities? You wouldn't have believed him anyway

Noticed that you still haven't posted CDC and WHO comments from January and February but continue to spout out of context rhetoric demonizing Trump for a response that actually came from CDC and WHO

The thing is the government is more than just running the economy, and you have economists to guide you. A private company has a much narrower scope than a government because many of the concerns the government has a private company does not. In public office you have to weigh the public good as well as private interests; something companies only due from a legal perspective so they're operating within the law. Also, if I were supporting someone from the private sector, I'd prefer someone from a publicly traded company because those company leaders are accountable to a board of directors and are used to having that in place. That is more relevant experience than just being the Lord of your own manor.

That is your problem, you have no understanding of the governments you have or their roles and responsibilities. You have no Constitutional knowledge at all thus have no idea where social programs reside. You want a public servant in the WH and yet the role of the WH is quite specific, PROVIDE FOR THE NATIONAL DEFENSE!!

States control social programs and have the responsibility to be the first responders. Unfortunately there are a lot of civics and constitutionally challenged liberals in this forum still blaming Trump to divert from their own failures

Back
Top Bottom