• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tensions Continue to Rise in North and South Korea.

LimeLight

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I don't know if the landmines are linked to the joint military defense training last week, but it certainly doesn't help.

Do you think we should provoke North Korea more with penalties? Discuss.

it said in your article that the landmines are left over from the Korean war, and have been washed down by torrential rains, nothing sinister on NK part, for a change.

Why? you scared?

j-mac

Not at all. Actually, I think it's quite hilarious that were rolling up there shoving their face in their own filth after they threatened to use nukes. But sooner or later their gonna snap. Just saying.

it said in your article that the landmines are left over from the Korean war, and have been washed down by torrential rains, nothing sinister on NK part, for a change.

Ah i see. It still seems odd that this happened but a week afterwards is all.

Not at all. Actually, I think it's quite hilarious that were rolling up there shoving their face in their own filth after they threatened to use nukes. But sooner or later their gonna snap. Just saying.

Wouldn't be such a problem if someone hadn't given them Nuke technology would it? Now who could that have been?.....hmmmmm.......:thinking:

j-mac

Wouldn't be such a problem if someone hadn't given them Nuke technology would it? Now who could that have been?.....hmmmmm.......:thinking:

j-mac

Not a damn thing we can do about that now. It's like trying to babysit a child with a gun. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Not a damn thing we can do about that now. It's like trying to babysit a child with a gun. Sounds fun doesn't it?

I love that...Not a damn thing eh? How about we recognize that allowing lunatics to have Nuclear technology on their promise that they just want it for energy purposes, then holding off the rest of the worlds outcry when they know that the country is developing weapons, and acting all surprised when they do get them....

To use your own analogy, I wouldn't feel for your plight if you were the one that gave the child the gun in the first place.

j-mac

Yes but how is recognizing that going to do anything to help the situation? We may have given the baby the gun but when hes pointing it at us, is it the BEST idea to tell him 'No more cookies'? It's about seeking a solution. Again there isn't a damn thing we can do about it now. Maybe it's all this money were sending to Pakistan that's the problem?

Yes but how is recognizing that going to do anything to help the situation? We may have given the baby the gun but when hes pointing it at us, is it the BEST idea to tell him 'No more cookies'? It's about seeking a solution. Again there isn't a damn thing we can do about it now. Maybe it's all this money were sending to Pakistan that's the problem?

Well, to your point it's too late to do anything about NK, but we have another baby in Iran... so that situation while different, could be helped. And yes, no more cookies, no television and no anything else unless they hand over the gun. We already know NK is starving it's people... and won't dare do a damn thing without China's say so. NK must bluster and throw tantrums. If they fire something non-nuclear say at South Korea or Japan, things will heat up. If they launch a nuke - well all bets are off.

Well, to your point it's too late to do anything about NK, but we have another baby in Iran... so that situation while different, could be helped. And yes, no more cookies, no television and no anything else unless they hand over the gun. We already know NK is starving it's people... and won't dare do a damn thing without China's say so. NK must bluster and throw tantrums. If they fire something non-nuclear say at South Korea or Japan, things will heat up. If they launch a nuke - well all bets are off.

Yes we do have to do something. But shouldn't it be China's job to babysit? North Korea's balls are growing every day. They aren't going to hand over that gun unless we pry it from their cold dead hands. They are going to snap, and at this rate, were most certainly going to be the target. If they attack South Korea, Japan, or the US without China's acknowledgment, do you think the Chinese would still have their back?

LimeLight;1058891928 Do you think we should provoke North Korea more with penalties? Discuss.[/QUOTE said:
Penalties are a farce... N Korea is our whipping boy, no threat to us halfway around the world.

The only reason Obama is pressing it is he wants to show the Reps he's strong enough to get re-elected... Just more gotcha politics.

Take things as they are, not as they could or should be.

ricksfolly

North Korea has the power and incentive to drag us into another war. That is most certainly a threat to us regardless of how far or how close we are from them. I don't see this issue as a just and responsible reason for re-election. I see it more as something we have to do. He would be a fool to sit back and ignore them.

North Korea has the power and incentive to drag us into another war. That is most certainly a threat to us regardless of how far or how close we are from them. I don't see this issue as a just and responsible reason for re-election. I see it more as something we have to do. He would be a fool to sit back and ignore them.

I hate to say it but the Democrat's survival politics is far more of a threat than any blustering tin pot dictator rants. If a war starts in N Korea or Iran, it will be from ambitious White house pressure politics.

ricksfolly

Yes we do have to do something. But shouldn't it be China's job to babysit? North Korea's balls are growing every day. They aren't going to hand over that gun unless we pry it from their cold dead hands. They are going to snap, and at this rate, were most certainly going to be the target. If they attack South Korea, Japan, or the US without China's acknowledgment, do you think the Chinese would still have their back?

I doubt China will jeopardize the amount of investment, debt and future revenue with the Western world over North Korea. I think China will throw NK under the bus but only if they do it themselves... I don't think they'd like us coming in there to kick their ass, though they may want us to watch and maybe get in a few shots from the outside. My view is China like's NK to be the sabre rattler - it keeps everyone's attention on NK and not on China and it also keeps SK and Japan nervous - so they have their uses. It's when NK steps out of their sabre rattling bounds that China will pound them. If NK plays like they have - China will be happy to keep them just the way they are.

Back
Top Bottom