• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tensions at Portland protest flare Saturday after Molotov cocktails tossed near police blocking marc

dcsports

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Tensions at Portland protest flare Saturday after Molotov cocktails tossed near police blocking march route

Tensions at Portland protest flare Saturday after Molotov cocktails tossed near police blocking march route - oregonlive.com

Police blocked hundreds of demonstrators from marching to a Southeast Portland police precinct Saturday night, then quickly declared the gathering a riot after people threw at least three incendiary devices toward officers. Police used tear gas for the first time in September and arrested several people. The clashes played out for hours in the neighborhoods surrounding Ventura Park,

Protesters tried repeatedly over the course of the night to find a path to the precinct. Police blocked the way every time. Tensions remained high throughout the night and into early Sunday morning. It was the second straight night that state troopers helped Portland police.

More than 50 people were arrested -- one of the highest counts of any single night.

In recent weeks, nightly protests have often culminated in damage such as graffiti, broken windows and small fires outside law enforcement buildings. A few of those demonstrations happened at East Precinct.

Sounds like the strategy is changing a bit for the police, and it caused a lot of confusion. The number of arrests is notable - will be interesting to see how many were officially arrested by the state police.

Tensions at Portland protest flare Saturday after Molotov cocktails tossed near police blocking march route

Tensions at Portland protest flare Saturday after Molotov cocktails tossed near police blocking march route - oregonlive.com

Sounds like the strategy is changing a bit for the police, and it caused a lot of confusion. The number of arrests is notable - will be interesting to see how many were officially arrested by the state police.

Let's remember who is really causing the problems.

Access Denied

Right-wing extremists want the Reichstag fire.

More like leftist and anarchist

Right-wing extremists inflame people to violence so that they can further blame their bogeymen. They don't want people to learn who they really are.

Small props to you for at least understanding that "leftists" and anarchists are two different groups. :)

Access Denied

Nonsense.

We know who is rioting in Portland...and it's NOT "right-wing extremists".

Small props to you for at least understanding that "leftists" and anarchists are two different groups. :)

They are both rioters.

As if you cared about the looting and destroying of property. :lol:

Well obviously the looters themselves do not care right?

Well obviously the looters themselves do not care right?

I wonder how much property they have actually destroyed as compared to the real looters of our economy.

I wonder how much property they have actually destroyed as compared to the real looters of our economy.

Nice deflection

I commend you

Nice deflection

I commend you

You have to understand, Luther, right-wing extremists want the Reichstag fire. But they haven't gotten one yet, so they are going out and provoking one. The problem for them is that like 99.99% of all liberals believe in nonviolent pushback, so they have to work hard to bait the other 0.01%.

Meanwhile, the right-wing extremists themselves are stocking up on guns and hoping, begging, pleading for mass violence to break out.

You have to understand, Luther, right-wing extremists want the Reichstag fire. But they haven't gotten one yet, so they are going out and provoking one. The problem for them is that like 99.99% of all liberals believe in nonviolent pushback, so they have to work hard to bait the other 0.01%.

Meanwhile, the right-wing extremists themselves are stocking up on guns and hoping, begging, pleading for mass violence to break out.
Sorry bud

The majority of the rioting, violence, looting and pillaging has NOTHING to do with Right wing groups

Sorry bud

The majority of the rioting, violence, looting and pillaging has NOTHING to do with Right wing groups

The vast majority of looting has nothing to do with any of this stuff anyway. A few smashed store windows or cars, though I don't like it, is trivial compared to that.

Access Denied

lol - I see that this is the hopeful distraction. However, I think we're all clear that these are liberal/left protesters getting out of hand.

lol - I see that this is the hopeful distraction. However, I think we're all clear that these are liberal/left protesters getting out of hand.

They're hoping people will start believing the lie.

You mean the government? Oh, nothing close to the looting done by the government.

Access Denied

If it is right wing extremists then why did you chase the feds out and why do the peaceful protesters and the wall of moms protect and provide cover for these right wing extremists?

So do you actually believe this silliness or are you just playing games. Not sure which is worse honestly.

I hope these rioters keep setting each other on fire and disfigure each other for life.

I loved watching these antifa terrorists toss a molotov at the police, only to miss and hit one of their fellow terrorists who danced around with his legs on fire.

Some of my favorite edits:

Back
Top Bottom