• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee grocery store attack: ‘He kept on shooting’

Anger coupled with entitlement.
Sounds like you might be right:
  • Multiple law enforcement sources close to the investigation confirmed to FOX13 the shooter was a disgruntled employee, however, it not clear if they worked for Kroger or a vendor.

Hey, just open carry turned criminal...

"I signed constitutional carry because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their second amendment rights," Gov. Bill Lee said in April. "Thank you members of the General Assembly and the NRA for helping get this done."

Why should it be hard to exercise our rights?

Do you agree with legislation that's making voting harder? IMO, that's a lot more dangerous.

There was a time when something like this would have gotten everyone's horrified attention, but now it's just another day in America.

Imagine, you're in Kroger's picking up some baking chocolate and plan to go home and bake a batch of brownies to surprise the fam for dinner. And you're shot in the stomach instead.

Js, this isn't normal.
It's a lot more likely you'd have been severely injured in a car accident traveling to/from the grocery store...and exactly...it wouldnt have gotten much, if any, media attention. Because 'that's' normal in America.

It's a lot more likely you'd have been severely injured in a car accident traveling to/from the grocery store...and exactly...it wouldnt have gotten much, if any, media attention. Because 'that's' normal in America.
Good point.

But car accidents aren't intentionally to kill me. So it makes it a little different, although you're right about the odds of it happening.

From Associated Press

A gunman attacked a grocery store in an upscale Tennessee suburb on Thursday afternoon, killing one person and wounding 12 others before the suspect was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at the store, authorities said.

Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane said the shooting broke out at a Kroger grocery in his suburban community about 30 miles (50 kilometers) east of Memphis. He said the gunman shot 13 others and himself, and that 12 of the victims were taken to hospitals, some with very serious injuries.

One Kroger worker, Brignetta Dickerson, told WREG-TV she was working a cash register when she heard what at first she thought were balloons popping.

“And, here he comes right behind us and started shooting,” Dickerson said. “And, he kept on shooting, shooting, shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and shot one of my customers in the stomach.”

Lane said police received a call about 1:30 p.m. about the shooting and arrived within minutes, finding multiple people with gunshots when they entered the building.

COMMENT:-
I'd be rather interested to find out what "serious issues" this arrogant, stupid, pathetic, piece of garbage, loser had that he felt justified him in killing other people in order to exercise his freedom of expression.​
Wouldn't you?​
Well, at any rate he won't be doing it again.​
Tons of mass shooting in the US
Meaning 4 or more shot/killed
Nothing changes, except they are increasing in numbers

I get pissed when I hear people make excuses for these people with the he had "problems", "mental issues" and that type of mess. His issue was he didn't have any regard for other peoples lives.
I know how hard it would be to be a swat officer and go into that building and not shoot a person like this after you see all the wounded.
How would you know that?

It matters to me. I guess I'm nosy, but I like to know why a person murders (or attempts to murder) a bunch of innocent people.
Knowledge of why can lead others to identifying some one off the deep end
But just another day in the US

From Associated Press

A gunman attacked a grocery store in an upscale Tennessee suburb on Thursday afternoon, killing one person and wounding 12 others before the suspect was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at the store, authorities said.

Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane said the shooting broke out at a Kroger grocery in his suburban community about 30 miles (50 kilometers) east of Memphis. He said the gunman shot 13 others and himself, and that 12 of the victims were taken to hospitals, some with very serious injuries.

One Kroger worker, Brignetta Dickerson, told WREG-TV she was working a cash register when she heard what at first she thought were balloons popping.

“And, here he comes right behind us and started shooting,” Dickerson said. “And, he kept on shooting, shooting, shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and shot one of my customers in the stomach.”

Lane said police received a call about 1:30 p.m. about the shooting and arrived within minutes, finding multiple people with gunshots when they entered the building.

COMMENT:-
I'd be rather interested to find out what "serious issues" this arrogant, stupid, pathetic, piece of garbage, loser had that he felt justified him in killing other people in order to exercise his freedom of expression.​
Wouldn't you?​
Well, at any rate he won't be doing it again.​
He won't, but there are plenty of more guns around for the next one.

Why should it be hard to exercise our rights?

Do you agree with legislation that's making voting harder? IMO, that's a lot more dangerous.

I would be okay with registering every gun owner just like voters.. Is that your suggestion? How about having just a few registered gun shops (like polling stations) that you can visit a couple of times a year to exercise those gun rights... We can do audits of the registrations to make sure nobody has slipped through the cracks and let any citizen challenge the registration of gun owners like they do with voters... See, we can find common ground.... :ROFLMAO:

Hey, just open carry turned criminal...

"I signed constitutional carry because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their second amendment rights," Gov. Bill Lee said in April. "Thank you members of the General Assembly and the NRA for helping get this done."

Every other industrialized nation on earth: Medical care is a right. Owning a gun is a priviledge.
America: Medical care is a priviledge. Owning a gun is a right.

Every other industrialized nation on earth: Medical care is a right. Owning a gun is a priviledge.
America: Medical care is a priviledge. Owning a gun is a right.
Yep. It's Right Wing Utopia...meaning that in reality, it's a nightmare.

What a sonnuvabitch. Getting fired gives you the right to shoot everyone in sight? No, it really doesn't.

WREG-TV reported the shooter was an employee who had been fired on Thursday, citing an unnamed law enforcement source.

Brignetta Dickerson, a Kroger employee, told WREG that she instructed fellow employees and customers when the shooting broke out to follow her to the back of the store and closed the door behind them, but the gunman followed.

"He kept on shooting and shooting and shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and then shot one of the customers in the stomach," Dickerson said, adding that the shooter appeared to have a military-style rifle.

What a sonnuvabitch. Getting fired gives you the right to shoot everyone in sight? No, it really doesn't.

WREG-TV reported the shooter was an employee who had been fired on Thursday, citing an unnamed law enforcement source.

Brignetta Dickerson, a Kroger employee, told WREG that she instructed fellow employees and customers when the shooting broke out to follow her to the back of the store and closed the door behind them, but the gunman followed.

"He kept on shooting and shooting and shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and then shot one of the customers in the stomach," Dickerson said, adding that the shooter appeared to have a military-style rifle.

LOL. Wow, now there's some "logic".

Good lord.

tbf, this high profile mass "shooting" was a little late. we normally have them more often.

again, that's "high profile". we have mass shooting every day but just ignore them.

A car crash with 12 people carted off to the hospital and two dead would certainly make the news in our town. Remember the limo crash in NY? That was news for weeks.

A car crash with 12 people carted off to the hospital and two dead would certainly make the news in our town. Remember the limo crash in NY? That was news for weeks.
OK. But I responded to her, a single person, being shot in the stomach.

You moved the goal posts, I'm ok with that. Now remind me what point you are trying to make here?

Is it about the rarity of such occurrences with commonly owned, legal objects?

I would be okay with registering every gun owner just like voters.. Is that your suggestion? How about having just a few registered gun shops (like polling stations) that you can visit a couple of times a year to exercise those gun rights... We can do audits of the registrations to make sure nobody has slipped through the cracks and let any citizen challenge the registration of gun owners like they do with voters... See, we can find common ground.... :ROFLMAO:
If you'd answer my questions first, I'd appreciate it.

Now remind me what point you are trying to make here?

I think the main bullet point (pun intended) for you to take away here: there are way too many dumb****s with guns that shouldn't have them in the USA.

TBH, most of the people I see are probably too dumb to own anything deadlier than a Crayola crayon.

Do you understand now? Or should I go on?

It matters to me. I guess I'm nosy, but I like to know why a person murders (or attempts to murder) a bunch of innocent people.

I may sound like a broken record as I have posted much the same when the subject has come up before but,
Could we find out who this guy is and what he was up to before the endless gun control debate starts?

Exactly. Unfortunately, we may never know the real reason.

I may sound like a broken record but I posted much the same on other posts regarding gun violence: Was the shooter taking SSRIs or SNRIs? Or has he taken them in the past? What was his age?

We will eventually know his age and a stated reason for why he went bugfeck and slaughtered people before killing himself. But it is unlikely that we will know his detailed history of mental health and/or (certainly not) his pharmacological history.

I submit that while many of us have been pissed off by work and co-workers and supervisors and work relationships none of us have gone to work and slaughtered other people. The produce manager was schtupping the checkout lady on isle three, who happened to be the shooter's romantic interest is probably never the base reason for a horn dog shooting up a Kroger. However, more often than not that is the kind of reasoning we are left with. It is incomplete and we all know that. Often something similar is all we get from the powers that be.

In addition, and in all honesty, any detailed reason is too complex for a two minute story on a news program. Viewers just won't pay attention if they have to work for it. Sad, but true.

There appears to be a correlation of SSRIs and SNRIs and age and violence that includes suicide and intentional harm of others. But good luck connecting the dots. Big pharma ain't interested in helping.

For those on DP who are willing to read for the purpose of knowledge Dr. David Healy, a psychiatrist and a psychopharmacologist, has produced convincing work that suggests a connection between SSRIs and violence/suicide. Interested people might want to dive into one of his websites that directly addresses the likely connection, SSRI Stories.

Please explain

Nah. No thanks.
I sort of gave up arguing with the willfully ignorant.
Theres really no point to it.

What this situation calls for is some more guns.

Only the "good guys" though of course. :rolleyes:

OK. But I responded to her, a single person, being shot in the stomach.

You moved the goal posts, I'm ok with that. Now remind me what point you are trying to make here?
I was referring to the case in TN today, 12-14 shot. A car wreck with 12-14 victims makes the news too.
Is it about the rarity of such occurrences with commonly owned, legal objects?
THese shootings are not rare. In fact, they have become quite common.

I was referring to the case in TN today, 12-14 shot. A car wreck with 12-14 victims makes the news too.

THese shootings are not rare. In fact, they have become quite common.
How do they compare to the car accidents where 12-14 people are killed? You moved the goal posts from a conversation...so stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom