• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee goes full "Scarlet Letter" on inclusive restrooms

There is no need for a 3rd unisex bathroom unless you want to eliminate both male and female bathrooms and just have large unisex bathrooms, which are common in many countries and don't have any problems with sexual assault?

?? The businesses have made the decision to forgo men's and women's bathrooms in favor of unisex ones.

If transgdered people were deluded then they would be given medication to treat those delusions. That was tried a long time again and it was both ineffective and dangerous. The idea of gender identity has been accepted by the medical community for more than 50 years. It was John Money in the 1970s who decided to test if it was nurture or nature but he didn't attempt to deny that gender identity exists or that it was s a delusion.

You might want to tell that to Murat Altinay at the Cleveland Clinic. I cant get you his number or email if you are interested and tell him that you know more than he does. I'm sure that he will be impressed with your knowledge.

Regardless of their brain, a transwomen is still male because male/female is determined solely by gametes.

I think if we looked into the brain of an effeminate gay man we would likely see some 'female brain' characteristics as well, but that doesn't make them women or female.

I think the point is that straight sexual predators can dress as a trans and go into ladies' bathrooms.

They don't even need to dress as trans (whatever that means). Watch as trans science-deniers jump through hoops to explain how this person is a woman despite reality staring them in the face.

FB_IMG_1603993091978.jpg

I don't think I get it. I have nothing against trans men using the ladies room, but if all the bathrooms in Tennessee are marked male/ female, how am I going to know which is the ladies room?

There is no evidence that transgendered people are deluded. On the contrary there is medical facts to support their incongruent gender identity. The idea that trans people are delusional was rejected by medical science in the 1950s.

They are sad confused people who ought to have our pity. Make them use the restroom of their biological sex. Stop pretending that they aren't deluded.

They are sad confused people who ought to have our pity. Make them use the restroom of their biological sex. Stop pretending that they aren't deluded.
Why? It's a toilet. People need to pee. What Is the fuss?
Ladies rooms have private stalls. I don't spend a lot of time wondering what the person in another stall looks like. Why must you?

The SCOTUS ruled that trans people use the restroom of their gender identity.

The Supreme Court brushed aside a lawsuit Monday aimed at barring transgender students from bathrooms and locker rooms that match their gender identity.

The high court has decided not to hear the case aimed at ending an Oregon school district's policy of allowing transgender students to use facilities that match their gender identity.

The Supreme Court's rejection of the appeal is a win for civil rights groups that worried that the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, which cemented a conservative majority on the bench, would “threaten LGBTQ equality.”

Regardless of their brain, a transwomen is still male because male/female is determined solely by gametes.

I think if we looked into the brain of an effeminate gay man we would likely see some 'female brain' characteristics as well, but that doesn't make them women or female.
Gender isn't determined solely by games because then trans people would not exist. Trans people do exist and our gender identity isn't just DNA/gametes.

I think the point is that straight sexual predators can dress as a trans and go into ladies' bathrooms.

That transphobic myth has been repeatedly debunked.

They forget that trans guys exist, so that the sexual predators wouldn't even have to dress in drag to enter the women's bathroom. Even where bathrooms are unisex there is no sexual assault in bathrooms.

Who is going to assault someone where there are other people around?

To reinforce a delusion to the deluded. We do not help the paranoid schizophrenic by confirming that "They" really are out to get tthem
Well you just proved how severely uneducated you are about this topic LMAO 😂

Well you just proved how severely uneducated you are about this topic LMAO 😂
They are still arguing for an idea that was rejected by medical science in the 1960s and they claim that trans people reject facts and science. We shouldn't be surprised because conservatives are also supporting the racial policies of the 1950-1960s too.

They are still arguing for an idea that was rejected by medical science in the 1960s and they claim that trans people reject facts and science. We shouldn't be surprised because conservatives are also supporting the racial policies of the 1950-1960s too.
I know its hilarious, just history repeating itself again like the morons of the past that tried to say its science the blacks are lessers or women arent as smart etc etc . . nobody honest educated and objective sees it for anything else than the bigoted hate it is.

I know its hilarious, just history repeating itself again like the morons of the past that tried to say its science the blacks are lessers or women arent as smart etc etc . . nobody honest educated and objective sees it for anything else than the bigoted hate it is.

It's the same hysteria from social cons decade after decade. The only thing they change is their target.

It's the same hysteria from social cons decade after decade. The only thing they change is their target.
Some people just HATE that more and more people are gaining rights, equal protection, and general respect as human beings and Americans. Its hwurts their wittle fweeings and messes with their egos and superiority complexes. 🤷‍♂️

Some people just HATE that more and more people are gaining rights, equal protection, and general respect as human beings and Americans. Its hwurts their wittle fweeings and messes with their egos and superiority complexes. 🤷‍♂️

It's because they believe that there must always be a "bigger fish."

Every argument that social conservatives make to oppose LGBT equally is recycled for their attempt to deny blacks, interracial, and women the same rights that WASP males have always enjoyed. They do recycle, but it's only their bigotry, usually hidden behind of their hypocritical religious beliefs.

Jesus wasn't a bigot. Matthew 7:12, 22:39 and Luke 6:31.

In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the Prophets.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

62403_6ti1dupa5fowq2d_full.jpeg

Every argument that social conservatives make to oppose LGBT equally is recycled for their attempt to deny blacks, interracial, and women the same rights that WASP males have always enjoyed. They do recycle, but it's only their bigotry, usually hidden behind of their hypocritical religious beliefs.

Very true, and those same retarded and baseless claims failed before in our history and they again fail today. They were worthless failed arguments to try and deny rights then and they are the same today.

The SCOTUS ruled that trans people use the restroom of their gender identity.

Gender isn't determined solely by games because then trans people would not exist. Trans people do exist and our gender identity isn't just DNA/gametes.

I never said gender was determined by gametes, I said being male or female was. You know, a person's sex.

In what way is it a myth given that transwomen have been convicted of voyeurism in women's spaces? Obviously a small minority, but still.

P S. You still haven't apologised for lying about me saying I supported genital inspections when I said I opposed them.

In what way is it a myth given that transwomen have been convicted of voyeurism in women's spaces? Obviously a small minority, but still.

P S. You still haven't apologised for lying about me saying I supported genital inspections when I said I opposed them.
Becasue they can already do that right now, and straight woman and gay women predators are already in there also LOL
Thats why its a myth . . theres nothing factual or logical that supports the fake concern about one group when ANYBODY can be a predator.

There have been more republicans convicted of sex crimes in bathrooms than trans people. It's an argument that I doubt that conservatives want to push.

Research shows the only thing Republican lawmakers have to fear when it comes to inappropriate behavior in bathrooms is—wait for it—themselves.

At least three Republican legislators have been arrested for soliciting or performing sexual acts in a bathroom, according to NewNowNext.

But lawmakers in North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, and Texas have been pointing the finger at trans people. Those states continue relying on the claim that sexual predators will be able access to women's bathrooms if trans people are allowed to use facilities that match their gender identities instead of the sex assigned on their birth certificates.

Media Matters, a non-profit organization dedicated to monitoring media for conservative misinformation, found that no actual incidents involving predatory transgender people have occurred. What stories have circulated in the press have all turned out to be false and perpetuated by hate groups.

What is your core problem with trans people? Is the fact that they exist as equals offensive to you? Do you oppose trans rights in the UK?

I never said gender was determined by gametes, I said being male or female was. You know, a person's sex.
You continue to deny that gender identity exists as an equal part of who we are as humans. You cannot focus on just a person's DNA to tell who they are, despite what you are desperate to do. What is it about transgdered experience that is so offensive to you?

There have been more republicans convicted of sex crimes in bathrooms than trans people. It's an argument that I doubt that conservatives want to push.

What is your core problem with trans people? Is the fact that they exist as equals offensive to you? Do you oppose trans rights in the UK?

You continue to deny that gender identity exists as an equal part of who we are as humans. You cannot focus on just a person's DNA to tell who they are, despite what you are desperate to do. What is it about transgdered experience that is so offensive to you?

The number of Republicans arrested is irrelevant. There are more Republicans than trans people so I would expect that to be the case. I'm sure there are more liberals convicted than trans as well. And I'm not a conservative.

I don't have any problem with trans people. I subscribe to the dictionary definition of man/woman and the scientific definition of male/female. Accepting the dictionary definition of man/woman means accepting that transwomen are men. The reason I don't think most transwomen shouldn't be in women's changing rooms isn't because they are trans, it's because they are men. I'm not trans exclusionary, I'm male exclusionary.

I don't deny that gender identity influences who we are as a person. Of course we are more than our sex, but our sex is determined by gametes.

The number of Republicans arrested is irrelevant. There are more Republicans than trans people so I would expect that to be the case. I'm sure there are more liberals convicted than trans as well. And I'm not a conservative.

I don't have any problem with trans people. I subscribe to the dictionary definition of man/woman and the scientific definition of male/female. Accepting the dictionary definition of man/woman means accepting that transwomen are men. The reason I don't think most transwomen shouldn't be in women's changing rooms isn't because they are trans, it's because they are men. I'm not trans exclusionary, I'm male exclusionary.

I don't deny that gender identity influences who we are as a person. Of course we are more than our sex, but our sex is determined by gametes.
The common dictionary is 20+ years behind medical science. Being pedantic on definitions is not helping your case.

If trans women were men then they would not be transgdered, but they aren't men and they don't have male drives. That trans female is no more of a treat to other females in a bathroom or dressing room than a CIS lesbian is, but you want to judge people by their external genitalia, so that idea is not something that you are willing to accept.

You are a male TERF.

The common dictionary is 20+ years behind medical science. Being pedantic on definitions is not helping your case.

If trans women were men then they would not be transgdered, but they aren't men and they don't have male drives. That trans female is no more of a treat to other females in a bathroom or dressing room than a CIS lesbian is, but you want to judge people by their external genitalia, so that idea is not something that you are willing to accept.

You are a male TERF.

I'm to be condemned and vilified for referring to the dictionary to define a word? It's like I'm living in Orwell's 1984.

I suspect you would have felt quite at home in Stalin's Soviet Union.

I'm to be condemned and vilified for referring to the dictionary to define a word? It's like I'm living in Orwell's 1984.

I suspect you would have felt quite at home in Stalin's Soviet Union.
Those dictionaries are behind medical technology. They will catch up in time.

Your idea only creates the loophole to allow people to discriminate against trans people by defining them as their physical gender with an asterisk. The medical community and current medical science says that idea and that definition are not true or factual.

Back
Top Bottom