• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee Could Make Bible the Official State Book

And my point is that such legislation has no effect. The legislation imposes nothing one way or the other on speech or belief. I view the fuss over this as fear mongering with no substance but unfounded speculation for political ends. When the purchase of a Bible is required in Tennessee and non-Biblical speech is censored, I'll change my tune.

We won't know the effect until it's actually implemented.

We won't know the effect until it's actually implemented.

I'll prepare myself. I'll be traveling to Nashville in a couple of months to visit my younger son, so I'll be able to offer a first hand report afterwards.

I understand it. The difference between us, is that I also understand what "the state" is. I don't believe in fanciful idea like neutrality or the Easter bunny.

Apparently you do not understand

I'll prepare myself. I'll be traveling to Nashville in a couple of months to visit my younger son, so I'll be able to offer a first hand report afterwards.

And I'll be waiting with bated breath for the trip report :)

Enjoy the trip.

Back
Top Bottom