• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ten Things We Can Do With Guantanamo Bay Detainees

ANAV It's weird how the further away we get from 9/11 the sympathy and understanding some people have for the very people who killed thousands of innocent people.[/QUOTE said:
Really. The way everyone was the first few months after 9/11 it actually seemed for a while we were going to maintain bipartisan resolve to see this one through. But the people forgot and went all yellow belly. I wonder what the difference would be if every American had to watch the videos of the planes hitting both towers and both towers collapsing EVERY DAY.

stsburns said:
Did you mean, Keep you friends close, Keep you enemies closer?

And if so, should they all be challenged in a court in California?

Please.......
No, I meant what I said luckily. Treat everyone as equals. If they've committed a crime, punish them. If we believe they've committed a crime, give them a fair trial. Presumed innocent before guilty.

Gandhi>Bush said:
A human life is a human life. I don't see one more valuable than the other. I think it is sick that someone had to die. I think it is equally if not more disgusting that someone had to kill.

I believe an innocent life is more valuable than that of somebody who supports terrorism. As I said before, we need to keep those in GITMO as long as the law permits, and fortunately international law says we can detain them until the war on terrorism is over. It would not bother me a bit if they all died of old age with never being charged.

The detainees of Guantanamo bay torture Centre, have never been charged with any crime, never faced a court hearing or had any legal representation.

The detainees are being humiliated, abused and beaten up.

Well I suppose it just shows one of the ugly faces of international capitalism and US imperialism.

Smash the system which causes this cruelty to human kind, break your shackles and unite together against this violence.

[
QUOTE=Trotsky]=
The detainees are being humiliated, abused and beaten up.

I can also say things. But when I say things I don't make them up. Scottish men wear skirts. See how easy that was. I said something truthful. Now you try.
Well I suppose it just shows one of the ugly faces of international capitalism and US imperialism.

With the awesome military and economic might of this great nation if we were truly imperialists we would take over Scotland and make the men wear skirts. No wait bad example......

smash the system which causes this cruelty to human kind, break your shackles and unite together against this violence.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? Do you type that with one hand while the other is raised in a fist? 7 years as an activist, eh? That's a record to be proud of. So, what have you accomplished? Liberate any countries lately? Given any women the right to vote?

shuamort said:
No, I meant what I said luckily. Treat everyone as equals. If they've committed a crime, punish them. If we believe they've committed a crime, give them a fair trial. Presumed innocent before guilty.

So do you "approve" of Michael Jackson's "Fair Trial?"

Gandhi>Bush said:
At least he got one.

Yes he did. The prosecution was nuts to move forward with that boys case. The mother was obviously a gold digger. In my heart I believe Jackson is a molester. But the government failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Hopefully Jacko is now too scared to continue these acts. If not, maybe next time. The real question here is knowing Jacksons past, what kind of parent would let their kid go there to neverland.? Kinda on the wrond thread here. My bad.

Last edited:
Come on folks. Tell the truth. Put aside all our high and mighty rhetoric. I'll say it. If kicking the snot out of a terrorist divulges intelligence that saves one American life, let me at that terrorist. Oh but we are America. That brings us down to their level. Teacher you're a monster. So be it. Let's take care of this mess quick as possible then the whole world can get on down the road towards freedom and civilization. If you don't have the stomach for it fine, change the channel back to American idol and let those willing to put their lives on the line for the right and moral cause of WORLD WIDE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM finish the job. A black and blue terrorist vs. a live American. Answer honestly. There are real men still out there. Gunny and Anav to name two. (Not forgetting you others but these guys are active military and deserve our support). Standing around and taking your thumbs out of your mouths only long enough to say "we have no right to give women the right to vote in another country" just don't cut he mustard. That's why we vote and that is exactly why W. was reelected. Maybe many of you don't know or remember but I do. The lessons and wisdom imparted to me by my two Grandfathers from WW ll. Lusitania was sunk. Look out Germany. Pearl Harbor. We on the way Japan. How many died on 9/11? Well maybe if we are nicer to them. When did this country become so spineless and appeasing. With great power comes great responsibility. Are we so mired in partisan politics that you can't see the big picture. This problem won't go away with any amount of money, hand wringing, or any change in foreign policy. Blood, sweet and tears. Quit whining about Gitmo. Those guys have never been so well fed and clean. A bloody terrorist or a living marine. Choose.

Gandhi>Bush said:
A human life is a human life. I don't see one more valuable than the other. I think it is sick that someone had to die. I think it is equally if not more disgusting that someone had to kill.

Yes, but you aren't the one fighting the war. Your typing your hatred for the war? Those are two different things.

Why did you :spin: my words? Where did you cook up, "A value of human life?" Plus, you got to realize that people die! Whether by a gun, or a wreckless driver, people die. A person who voluntarly serves his country, should be appreciated, instead of being called "disgusting".

someone had to kill

Obviously you don't have any experience with someone from the Military. They are doing what they are trained to do! Just like you have been trained that Ghandi>Bush. Someone had to die for all of your rights? Freedom isn't free, a price must be paid for freedom. Unless you think countries are just giving freedom away?

Gandhi>Bush
Pascifist/Hippy Moderator

Re: Ten Things We Can Do With Guantanamo Bay Detainees
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsburns
WOW the Responses. There so negative. May be if you a BRAVE ENOUGH you Will tell All of these "Proud Serving Marines", at this website Start post in "News" or "Talk Chit" Categories.

THAT YOU PITTY MORE ON THE ENEMY THAN THERE LIVES.

That is if you have the guts?

So did you except the challenge? Or just doging the question? I promise the site will be up in a weeks time! If your up to it? :mrgreen:

stsburns said:
Yes, but you aren't the one fighting the war. Your typing your hatred for the war? Those are two different things.

Why did you :spin: my words? Where did you cook up, "A value of human life?" Plus, you got to realize that people die! Whether by a gun, or a wreckless driver, people die. A person who voluntarly serves his country, should be appreciated, instead of being called "disgusting".

I find killing and anyone who engages in it to be disgusting. I realize that everyday people die from various things that doesn't mean you speed it up or condone it with war. War is people killing people on purpose because they don't see eye to eye. That's disgusting.

Obviously you don't have any experience with someone from the Military. They are doing what they are trained to do! Just like you have been trained that Ghandi>Bush. Someone had to die for all of your rights? Freedom isn't free, a price must be paid for freedom. Unless you think countries are just giving freedom away?

Yeah you can go around and "purchase" freedom and your local one-stop-commi-shoppe.

Someone had to? That's debateable, but someone did die for my rights and I would thank them for that, but they're dead. I have experience with people from the military. I know what they are doing. I respect the idea. Fighting for something they see as noble. Hell that's awesome, but when it comes to kill, I'm a little more reserved.

Freedom isn't free

Freedom is free. War is expensive as hell.

Freedom must be fought for yes, but a certain brown someone proved to the whole war that just because it isn't free, doesn't mean that you have to pay for it in blood.

So did you except the challenge? Or just doging the question? I promise the site will be up in a weeks time! If your up to it?

You want me to lie to a US Marine by telling him I don't pity him as much as someone else? I pity him the same. Both are at risk for becoming victims in this war. I don't want to see either of them hurt. Can you say the same?

[
QUOTE=Gandhi>Bush]

You want me to lie to a US Marine by telling him I don't pity him as much as someone else? I pity him the same. Both are at risk for becoming victims in this war.

You do realize your talking about a grown man don't you? An intelligent one in my opinion who is obviously aware of his choices. A hero and defender of right and freedom. Willing to put his money where his mouth is? A victim? I think gunny would be there right besides me throwing tea into Boston harbor. Pity? And you have the gall to chastise me for a dissertation on the word "suck". You owe someone an apology bro. I know your better than that Gandhi. It takes a certain knowledge and respect to be able to call gunny "jarhead" without getting your teeth kicked in. Have you such knowledge Gandhi? Semper Fi pacifist.

teacher said:
You do realize your talking about a grown man don't you? An intelligent one in my opinion who is obviously aware of his choices. A hero and defender of right and freedom. Willing to put his money where his mouth is? A victim? I think gunny would be there right besides me throwing tea into Boston harbor.

The Boston Tea Party? That was awesome. How many people died there? That was beautiful. It's that shot heard around the world that I disagree with.

Pity? And you have the gall to chastise me for a dissertation on the word "suck". You owe someone an apology bro. I know your better than that Gandhi. It takes a certain knowledge and respect to be able to call gunny "jarhead" without getting your teeth kicked in. Have you such knowledge Gandhi? Semper Fi pacifist.

Ehh?

Anyway, I realize these are grown men making decisions, but by victim, I meant someone who dies in a war.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Yeah you can go around and "purchase" freedom and your local one-stop-commi-shoppe.
Freedom has always been forged in blood, examples, the storming of the Bastille in the French Revolution, The Mexican revolution, the American Revolution, the Iraqi conflict, look at the failures, in Nam we were backing the North Vietnamese off and beating them into submission, yet our troops got pulled, South Vietnam was destroyed, Appeasement of Hitler, many European countries became part of that empire bacause they got swamped. etc.

Someone had to? That's debateable, but someone did die for my rights and I would thank them for that, but they're dead. I have experience with people from the military. I know what they are doing. I respect the idea. Fighting for something they see as noble. Hell that's awesome, but when it comes to kill, I'm a little more reserved.
To fight means to kill in war, there is no way around it, pacifism is a great thing, until you need to stand up to a threat, sometimes you are forced to hurt, mame, or kill.

Freedom is free. War is expensive as hell.
War is expensive, and directly coorelated to freedom, making them both expensive.

Freedom must be fought for yes, but a certain brown someone proved to the whole war that just because it isn't free, doesn't mean that you have to pay for it in blood.
Are you kidding me? Ghandi was assasinated, he most certainly paid in full.

You want me to lie to a US Marine by telling him I don't pity him as much as someone else? I pity him the same. Both are at risk for becoming victims in this war. I don't want to see either of them hurt. Can you say the same?
These "humans" that took up violent acts against our civilians deserve, in my opinion little to no sympathy from our people, and certainly less than our wonderful soldiers.

LaMidRighter said:
Are you kidding me? Gandhi was assasinated, he most certainly paid in full.

Gandhi was assassinated by a Hindu Nationalist that was agree because the Mahatma was to kind to muslims.

Gandhi and his followers never supported killing as a means to attaining Indian freedom. They got their freedom.

You could say the Amristar massacre. Hundreds of people died there. None of them were British. Gandhi and his people did not waver. They got their freedom.

To say that India's independence was one through blood is foolish. It was one through peace and nonviolence and patience.

My point was you don't have kill for freedom. And if there were no General Dyers(British leader at the Amristar massacre) in the world, no one would have to die.

These "humans" that took up violent acts against our civilians deserve, in my opinion little to no sympathy from our people, and certainly less than our wonderful soldiers.

Maybe we should cut off their heads?

Gandhi>Bush said:
Gandhi was assassinated by a Hindu Nationalist that was agree because the Mahatma was to kind to muslims.
Fair statement, but here's the thing to ponder, he was killed by someone of his own faith because of his beliefs, he ultimately did pay for someone's liberty with his blood. I for one believe Ghandi was a phenomenal human being, and his ultimate end was attrocious, but the fact is that some people will use force, and a choice has to be made.

Gandhi and his followers never supported killing as a means to attaining Indian freedom. They got their freedom.
But people were harmed, maimed and possibly even killed in the name of said freedom, someone paid in blood, just not the oppressor.

You could say the Amristar massacre. Hundreds of people died there. None of them were British. Gandhi and his people did not waver. They got their freedom.
They did pay the above price though.

To say that India's independence was one through blood is foolish. It was one through peace and nonviolence and patience.
If someone pays through pain or death on either side my statement of paid through blood holds.

My point was you don't have kill for freedom. And if there were no General Dyers(British leader at the Amristar massacre) in the world, no one would have to die.
I don't believe you necessarily have to kill for freedom, but, if the situation demands it, you must act accordingly.

Maybe we should cut off their heads?
If you are talking about the terrorists or the Bastille Day comment the answer changes. For the French nobles I really don't know, for the terrorists, I say do in kind but with increasing increments, two heads for a head, then three heads for a head, then four, etc. it sounds harsh and in fact is for me to say that, but I will be honest, I have no respect for these sub-human waste products we call "terrorists" and believe the only things they understand are pain, death, and violence.

LaMidRighter said:
Fair statement, but here's the thing to ponder, he was killed by someone of his own faith because of his beliefs, he ultimately did pay for someone's liberty with his blood. I for one believe Ghandi was a phenomenal human being, and his ultimate end was attrocious, but the fact is that some people will use force, and a choice has to be made.

But people were harmed, maimed and possibly even killed in the name of said freedom, someone paid in blood, just not the oppressor.

They did pay the above price though.

If someone pays through pain or death on either side my statement of paid through blood holds.

I don't believe you necessarily have to kill for freedom, but, if the situation demands it, you must act accordingly.

They didn't kill. That's what matters.

If you are talking about the terrorists or the Bastille Day comment the answer changes. For the French nobles I really don't know, for the terrorists, I say do in kind but with increasing increments, two heads for a head, then three heads for a head, then four, etc. it sounds harsh and in fact is for me to say that, but I will be honest, I have no respect for these sub-human waste products we call "terrorists" and believe the only things they understand are pain, death, and violence.

I believe you are wrong. Beyond wrong. I don't think trying to out do an atrocity with a greater atrocity will make any progress at all. We're twice as evil as you! Because we cut off two heads! If we're better than them, we have to prove it. If we're better at being evil than they are, we need to re-evaluate ourselves.

Gandhi>Bush said:
They didn't kill. That's what matters.
I understand that you are making the point that the Indian population didn't fight with violence, what I am getting at is that doesn't equate to free freedom, they fought with public relations, yet many suffered in prisons, were hurt assualted, maimed, and yes, even killed. A price was paid either way you look at it.

I believe you are wrong. Beyond wrong. I don't think trying to out do an atrocity with a greater atrocity will make any progress at all. We're twice as evil as you! Because we cut off two heads! If we're better than them, we have to prove it. If we're better at being evil than they are, we need to re-evaluate ourselves.
Now here's the thing, I know it is wrong and will fully admit that. All I am saying is that if these guys want to intentionally inflict death and pain, why not give them a healthy dose of their own medicine, wrong yes, but I have nothing but contempt for these a-holes and wish them nothing less than a sampler of the hell we will eventually hand deliver them to.
Am I wrong to feel this way? More than likely, but hey, that's just me.

Come on folks. Tell the truth. Put aside all our high and mighty rhetoric. I'll say it. If kicking the snot out of a terrorist divulges intelligence that saves one American life, let me at that terrorist. Oh but we are America. That brings us down to their level. Teacher you're a monster. So be it. Let's take care of this mess quick as possible then the whole world can get on down the road towards freedom and civilization. If you don't have the stomach for it fine, change the channel back to American idol and let those willing to put their lives on the line for the right and moral cause of WORLD WIDE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM finish the job

I noticed you wrote IF "kicking the snot out of a terrorist...", but we already know the answer to that question. Besides that torture is illegal in the US, it is a fact that it does not produce reliable intelligence. First of all you are assuming that everyone who is detained is a terrorist and the truth of the matter is that that's not the case. And innocent people have been tortured.

There are several reasons why torture doesn't work. First obviously when tortured, one will say anything to stop the pain; Second there is only so much pain a body can take and people start passing out or worse die; third because of physical pain and stress the mind of the tortured person doesn't work as it is supposed to and the person can't remember details and is confused.

[
QUOTE=vandree] Besides that torture is illegal in the US, it is a fact that it does not produce reliable intelligence.

Fact? Big word. The fact is I'm pretty friggin tough but if someone takes pliers to my balls I think I'd start talking.

First obviously when tortured, one will say anything to stop the pain;

Correct. Starting with the truth.

Second there is only so much pain a body can take and people start passing out or worse die; third because of physical pain and stress the mind of the tortured person doesn't work as it is supposed to and the person can't remember details and is confused.
[/QUOTE]

Are you a girl? If not maybe a fews classes at FT. Huachuka would teach you the error of your ways. Logically, if it don't work why have some many over the ages used it. Maybe you should familiarize your self with the comments of some of our POW's in Vietnam. I recall an interview with one who after being broke he was back in his cell crying and feeling bad he told the whole truth when a voice from the next cell said "don't sweat it bro, we all talked". Maybe you should first state if your post is opinion or fact. Saves me time to destroy someone else more worthy. Class dismissed.

I think that the author of the list just MIGHT have been playing around a little. :roll: Some of you people can really get worked up over nothing.

ME too. I feel we should knock the snot out of these savages. But if you get caught, fess up and take your punishment like a man. That Abu prison deal was not torture to extract information. Just some dumb asses on their own who got caught and now will pay the price.

Back
Top Bottom