• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ten Things Guys Shouldnt ask Women

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
David DeAngelo, author of "Double Your Dating", says there is nothing worse than making mistakes that will later be regretted and one way to avoid them is to remember the following, Bullz-Eye.com reported.

First of all , a man should never ask a woman if he can kiss her, as she will only say, a man should never "ask" for a kiss.

Asking her for a kiss will only make a man look like a boy, which is what a woman is not interested in, and even if she says "yes", it could mean she is just being polite, while on the inside her attraction meter will read a firm, "No".

Secondly , a man should never ask a woman if he can take her out on a date sometime, as she would like to be with a man who is a leader and in control, not someone who asks her permission to hit on her.

A man should confidently ask a woman out, by simply saying, "We should hang out... what's your number?" or tell her about a specific place he wants to take her to.

Thirdly , a man should never brag about the car he has or the kind of house he lives in, as it would seem like he is trying hard to impress her.

Women would be far more impressed by a man's material possessions if he does not mention them in conversation.

The fourth thing a man should never ask a woman is what she wants to do for the night, as she likes a "man with a plan".

The man needs to have a game plan before he calls her, so as to ensure that she will not be burdened with having to think about what to do.

Fifthly, a man should never ask a woman if she likes him, as this is one phrase that turns off a woman completely.

He should just assume that she likes him, and never ask the question, as it would look like he has no confidence.

The sixth tip is that a man should never ask a woman why she never answered his message, as one, it would show that he cared she did not reply back, and two, it would give her a guilt trip, which is seen as insecurity by women.

The seventh tip is that a man should never ask a woman how men she has slept with, as this shows that he is suffering from insecurity.

The eighth tip is that a man should never hint at a future date with a woman he has just met, as she not only wants but needs a guy who is somewhat of a "challenge", and will lose interest if she senses she has won.

The ninth tip is that a man should never end a phone conversation with a woman with a "next step", as firstly it would kill any spontaneity by being predictable, and secondly he would kill any chances of her calling him.

The tenth tip is that a man should never talk bad about a woman's guy friends especially if he hasn't met them and doesn't know her very well, as this is the fastest way for her to mark him as "insecure".

Read more: 10 things men should never ask women - The Times of India 10 things men should never ask women - The Times of India

You are aware that India's culture may be a little different from ours, right?

Honestly... I don't agree with these. It almost seems like male dominance and that women want someone to boss them around. I understand self confidence and having leadership qualities, but I would imagine women don't want to date a guy that tells them what they are doing for the evening or just kisses/demands a date without asking.

David DeAngelo, author of "Double Your Dating", says there is nothing worse than making mistakes that will later be regretted and one way to avoid them is to remember the following, Bullz-Eye.com reported.
Yes, because you KNOW with a header like Double Your Dating, it's going to be a font of insight.

First of all , a man should never ask a woman if he can kiss her, as she will only say, a man should never "ask" for a kiss.

Asking her for a kiss will only make a man look like a boy, which is what a woman is not interested in, and even if she says "yes", it could mean she is just being polite, while on the inside her attraction meter will read a firm, "No".
Yes, just motor on in there and grab one. She'll either kiss you back or pepper spray you, it's a toss-up

Secondly , a man should never ask a woman if he can take her out on a date sometime, as she would like to be with a man who is a leader and in control, not someone who asks her permission to hit on her.

A man should confidently ask a woman out, by simply saying, "We should hang out... what's your number?" or tell her about a specific place he wants to take her to.
ORDERING a woman to go somewhere with you doesnt sound like it would either be very successful or if it was, you'd get the kind of girls you wouldnt really want.

Thirdly , a man should never brag about the car he has or the kind of house he lives in, as it would seem like he is trying hard to impress her.

Women would be far more impressed by a man's material possessions if he does not mention them in conversation.
Ok I can kinda get behind that, even if the reasoning is screwy.

The fourth thing a man should never ask a woman is what she wants to do for the night, as she likes a "man with a plan".

The man needs to have a game plan before he calls her, so as to ensure that she will not be burdened with having to think about what to do.
Yes, because we know women just CANT come up with a plan, so we men-folk have to protect them from hard mental labor. Jesus freewheeling christ, I thought this kind of crap died in the 60's

Fifthly, a man should never ask a woman if she likes him, as this is one phrase that turns off a woman completely.

He should just assume that she likes him, and never ask the question, as it would look like he has no confidence.
"She's filed a restraining order and burned all my stuff, she hasn't SAID she didn't like me..."

The sixth tip is that a man should never ask a woman why she never answered his message, as one, it would show that he cared she did not reply back, and two, it would give her a guilt trip, which is seen as insecurity by women.
Yes, and we ALL know men CANNOT EVER show that we care. Cuz...caring is for girly-men!

The seventh tip is that a man should never ask a woman how men she has slept with, as this shows that he is suffering from insecurity.
I dont get it. That's actually a fairly valid question. Maybe not first-date material, but I'd like to know my partner's sexual history. We can skip the annotated dossiers, but a ballpark figure would be nice.

The eighth tip is that a man should never hint at a future date with a woman he has just met, as she not only wants but needs a guy who is somewhat of a "challenge", and will lose interest if she senses she has won.
Yes, better to give off the "one night stand" vibe, that will TOTALLY score you the chicks.

The ninth tip is that a man should never end a phone conversation with a woman with a "next step", as firstly it would kill any spontaneity by being predictable, and secondly he would kill any chances of her calling him.
Not entirely sure what this means

The tenth tip is that a man should never talk bad about a woman's guy friends especially if he hasn't met them and doesn't know her very well, as this is the fastest way for her to mark him as "insecure".
This is true in any regard until you know the person better. Trash-talking friends because you dont like them puts them in a position where they may feel they have to choose.

Most of this is spectacularly bad advice.

The column was probably designed to keep men single. That way they make more money by having single guys purchase their paper for "advice" on dating. It also treats women as a collective mind with a code that can be cracked. People are individuals and look for different traits in all kinds of relationships (friends, dating, marriage, etc.)

-- It also treats women as a collective mind with a code that can be cracked --

Just when you THINK you know what women are all about, they go and surprise you. I've also met some powerful / self confident women who would like the kind of males whose actions are quite similar to what's advised above.

Just when you THINK you know what women are all about, they go and surprise you. I've also met some powerful / self confident women who would like the kind of males whose actions are quite similar to what's advised above.

Then we're getting into the realm of surrendering 'power' which is a whole different take on relationships. BDSM is one form of powerful people giving into submissive tendancies in order to relinquish some of their control and to be controlled.

But that's another thread.

Then we're getting into the realm of surrendering 'power' which is a whole different take on relationships. BDSM is one form of powerful people giving into submissive tendancies in order to relinquish some of their control and to be controlled.

But that's another thread.

And whip, and leather strap, and ball gag, and ...

If you actually NEED this advice, you're too young or or immature to date.

Welllll. duh. "I've got tickets to the Wolves game on Friday. Wanna go?" (Then run out and buy the tickets.) "We should hang out?" Again, perhaps too young and immature to date at all.

Yeah, she'll pull this information out of you soon enough. ;-)

Right! (Of course, this is advice for the first FEW dates. After that, the pressure's off.

What a turnoff that'd be.

Right. The "why" part is implied criticism. You pretty well KNOW why she never answered your message anyway.

Nah. After you're in a relationship, that's okay to ask. But if you're still going on what you call "dates," fuggetaboutit.

That's a guy thing more than a girl thing...the loses interest-if-HE-thinks-he's-won part.

This guy's thinkin' waaaay too hard.

Fastest way for her to label him JERK.

I totally don't do any of those things.

I was dating this Dutch guy years ago and he did ask if he could kiss me the first time. All I could think was: "WTF is WRONG with this guy? Just ****ing DO it, you dork!"

This wouldn't actually bother me that much. I think it's sweet.

I have my own stuff, I don't care what the guy has.

Meh. Depends. Sometimes I like to be asked what I'd like to do.

I don't think any man I've ever been with has ever asked me that.

Maybe she shouldn't be rude and actually answer the freaking message, then. Even if it's to say no.

In the age of HIV/AIDS it's a legitimate question.

Won? Won, what? I don't get it.

Stupid. Depending on the woman, she might never call him at all thinking he's not really interested.

True 'nuff.

Back
Top Bottom