• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ten Steps To "Bork"

Squawker

Professor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: O'Connor to Retire From Supreme Court

Ten Steps to “Bork” a Nominee -------Let’s see how many of these the left uses. I bet they come up with some new ones.

1. Before a vacancy is announced – whip your membership into a frenzy with overblown rhetoric...
2. …while preparing for battle.
3. Once a nominee is named, immediately announce that the nominee’s record “raises more questions than it answers.”
4. Plead for a slower pace.
5. If the nominee is rated highly qualified by the ABA, dismiss this as a prerequisite for the job. If the nominee receives anything less than the highest qualifications, express outrage.
6. Force the nominee to pledge allegiance to a liberal ideology.
7. Ah-HAAAA! – The Left’s research will reveal a few “alarming” findings or “smoking guns.”
8. Previously released findings re-released as “research” and distributed by the media.
9. Liberal Hollywood Celebrities make an 11th hour appearance.
10. FINALLY, official opposition is coordinated and announced in a drip-drip fashion.

Source

Re: O'Connor to Retire From Supreme Court

Squawker said:
Ten Steps to “Bork” a Nominee -------Let’s see how many of these the left uses. I bet they come up with some new ones.

1. Before a vacancy is announced – whip your membership into a frenzy with overblown rhetoric...
2. …while preparing for battle.
3. Once a nominee is named, immediately announce that the nominee’s record “raises more questions than it answers.”
4. Plead for a slower pace.
5. If the nominee is rated highly qualified by the ABA, dismiss this as a prerequisite for the job. If the nominee receives anything less than the highest qualifications, express outrage.
6. Force the nominee to pledge allegiance to a liberal ideology.
7. Ah-HAAAA! – The Left’s research will reveal a few “alarming” findings or “smoking guns.”
8. Previously released findings re-released as “research” and distributed by the media.
9. Liberal Hollywood Celebrities make an 11th hour appearance.
10. FINALLY, official opposition is coordinated and announced in a drip-drip fashion.
Source

Replace "slower pace" with shove it down their throats quickly and hope no one has time to figure out what a nut job your nom. really is. Then switch out "Hollywood Liberal" with iconic Religious leaders and or televangelist and you've got the GOP game plan.

Also thought you didn't like partisan rhetoric? The above looks both partisan and rhetoric to me.

Replace "slower pace" with shove it down their throats quickly and hope no one has time to figure out what a nut job your nom. really is. Then switch out "Hollywood Liberal" with iconic Religious leaders and or televangelist and you've got the GOP game plan.

Also thought you didn't like partisan rhetoric? The above looks both partisan and rhetoric to me.
As well as yours does. How is posting the game plan of partisan rhetoric, partisan rhetoric? That is what the Democrats have done. I can't help that, I didn't have a hand in making the plan up.

Squawker said:
As well as yours does. How is posting the game plan of partisan rhetoric, partisan rhetoric? That is what the Democrats have done. I can't help that, I didn't have a hand in making the plan up.

The end result of each procedure (republican/liberal) results in a Kangaroo court. . . . .

Squawker said:
And neither do we, so let's all stop talking about this partisan BS.

Squawker, you proved it again.

Back
Top Bottom