• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ten dead as woman arrested for 'revenge arson attack on fireman neighbour' at apartment block

No guns and no brains needed. See why we don't need all these guns in america, we can just burn out the people we don't like. By the way neither the matches or the fire killed anyone by your thinking. Just like the electric chair doesn't kill people.

Yeah, like why in the world are gang members not buying up all the flame throwers?? Why don't policemen just enforce the law with a pack of matches from __________(add your local hourly rate hotel name here)?

I love conservatives. They are the best entertainment money doesn't have to buy. They supply it for free! LMAO!

We need guns, since you claim The United States is such a dangerous place.

I did? Where? And how come I don't own a firearm if I think america is so dangerous?

I am sure that is quite comforting to the victims (and their families) of her arson.

Talk to the OP. They introduced the idea of comparing arson to gun murder. Where's their thoughts for the grieving?

Talk to the OP. They introduced the idea of comparing arson to gun murder. Where's their thoughts for the grieving?

I would say they're equally bad. Wouldn't you?

And how many people are murdered annually with matches vs guns? The response needs to be proportionate with the scale of abuse of a tool.

Guns were used in 73% of American homicides in 2017. There were 17,000 homicides in that year in the USA. Gun ownership is common in Iceland, a country which hasn't experienced a firearm related homicide in 11 years.

There have only been 4 homicides by firearm in Iceland, in the past 2 decades.

Here's a few other things Iceland doesn't have; Mexican drug cartels, Islamic terrorism, black gangs, white gangs, a drug epidemic, overcrowding, housing shortages, a homeless crisis, racial tension, or a culture at war with itself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/iceland-gun-loving-country-no-shooting-murders-2007-n872726

Ate we going to see threads about every murder not committed with a gun?

"Ate" we going to see thread about mass killings not committed with a gun? Probably so.

I am sure it is comforting to the millions of French people who do not have to endure weekly mass shootings

I am nearly 65 years old and have endured no mass shootings. Perhaps there are frequent mass shootings in your neighborhood and I just must have been lucky.

Perhaps where yours are - at least I mentioned the victims.

I am sure it is comforting to the millions of French people who do not have to endure weekly mass shootings

I've never been in a mass shooting. Have you?

I am very happy for you

Yep, every day above ground is appreciated. If mass shootings become a problem in my life then we have far bigger problems than laws against scary black rifle or "high capacity" magazine possession can hope to solve.

Back
Top Bottom