• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Temar Boggs: Teen Boys Help Find Abducted Girl Jocelyn Rojas

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

So I know, this isn't exactly news-format, but it is news. If the admins decide to move it, I can see it have a slot in the zimmerman subforum.

So this teenager (black) helped find this little girl (she's white). See, this a positive example in society and proof that race isn't an issue. It's decency. Why do we have to blow out of proportion and popularize trayvon martin and not good people like this Temar Boggs. Sure, he has a stupid sounding name, but he has a heart of gold.

If this were the news headlight for over a year, as trayvon martin case was, I guarantee you, people would have a much better view on race relations in the USA than they do now. Let's talk about these kind of people if you want to talk about some nobody on a national scale. Lets use him as an example on how first responders and being informed about what goes on in your community, can save lives. Can prevent abductions. Can make a positive impact in the world.

Instead, we have protests about how the verdict wasn't fair.
You know what we should have? A shirt with Tamar's face on it saying: Be involved in community life! Do your part to prevent kidnappers!

So I know, this isn't exactly news-format, but it is news. If the admins decide to move it, I can see it have a slot in the zimmerman subforum.

So this teenager (black) helped find this little girl (she's white). See, this a positive example in society and proof that race isn't an issue. It's decency. Why do we have to blow out of proportion and popularize trayvon martin and not good people like this Temar Boggs. Sure, he has a stupid sounding name, but he has a heart of gold.

If this were the news headlight for over a year, as trayvon martin case was, I guarantee you, people would have a much better view on race relations in the USA than they do now. Let's talk about these kind of people if you want to talk about some nobody on a national scale. Lets use him as an example on how first responders and being informed about what goes on in your community, can save lives. Can prevent abductions. Can make a positive impact in the world.

Instead, we have protests about how the verdict wasn't fair.
You know what we should have? A shirt with Tamar's face on it saying: Be involved in community life! Do your part to prevent kidnappers!

A good friend of mine said racism is something that is learn from those around you when growing up. It not something come naturally to people. As for were it came from I have 2 theorys A It was a way

Agreed! These are the types of stories we should be hearing more of. People helping people. This kid did great and should be acknowledged. Would love to have him as my neighbor.

You don't hear them because they promote a unity spirit. There is no fiscal or political gain from unity.

Divisiveness sells and gets people elected. Why do you think the Sharptons and Jacksons are millionaires?

Back
Top Bottom