• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tell Your Congressperson.

You need regulations to keep banks from giving loans to people who can't pay them? Now, I am really confused.

I'm pretty sure you do need regulations to prevent loans from being given to people who have no chance of paying them off. Even in Canada.

Yeah, because there's not a chance in hell they would cooperate with Trump if he did win.

Public opinion almost always will sway a district official. Congress people will always follow their base when it comes to being reelected.

Any president who takes his argument to the public can sway politicians.

Love him or hate him, Reagan was great at speaking to the general public and generated a lot of democrat followers.

I'm pretty sure you do need regulations to prevent loans from being given to people who have no chance of paying them off. Even in Canada.

Can't banks decide on their own that a guy making minimum wage should not buy a house for 500 gees?

I would have to believe you believe what you write. Sadly, passing on the friendly wager doesn't help though I concede there is a chance, albeit small, that you actually believe what you write, so I used perhaps.

Perhaps.

Yeah...okay...

Seeing as how I don't give a rat's ass whether you believe that I believe what I say or not and until you post something useful towards me you are dismissed.

you-are-dismissed-749788.jpg

Can't banks decide on their own that a guy making minimum wage should not buy a house for 500 gees?

One would reasonably think that's the case...unless one happens to be a leftist. In that case, it doesn't matter what a bank might decide. The leftist thinks he, himself, is the only one who can make that kind of decision.

Yeah...okay...

Seeing as how I don't give a rat's ass whether you believe that I believe what I say or not and until you post something useful towards me you are dismissed.

View attachment 67201549

That seems rather insulting. I sure hope no one decides to report you on my behalf.

One would reasonably think that's the case...unless one happens to be a leftist. In that case, it doesn't matter what a bank might decide. The leftist thinks he, himself, is the only one who can make that kind of decision.

There are other considerations. For example, when banks use depositors' money to make questionable loans, our government and your tax dollars keep the banks afloat.

Politics today is the result of Republican obstructionism; fear, weakness, hatred.

You can blame Liberals and Obama all you want but it ain't the truth.

Obama, Reid and Pelosi preached obstructionism, fear, and hatred. It and it worked for them.

There are other considerations. For example, when banks use depositors' money to make questionable loans, our government and your tax dollars keep the banks afloat.

shrug...

On the other hand, when leftists who have the backing of liberals in the government require banks to make questionable loans, our tax dollars are used to bail them out, too.

The only difference is that the leftists and the liberal politicians won't take responsibility for their actions.

The solution to your scenario is simple: Don't bail out the banks.

The solution to my scenario isn't so simple. What happens is the leftists and liberals find some scapegoats to blame and then they bail out the banks anyway.

Last edited:
Apparently not.

Well, they WERE being threatened by the Justice department to make increasing amounts of risky loans to low income borrowers

So abandon your standards that you've been using for decades to Vet lenders ( because they're " racist " ) or get sued by the DOJ, HUD and Community activist groups into bankruptcy

Bill Clintons Fair lending task force was at the root of the Subprime debacle

shrug...

On the other hand, when leftists who have the backing of liberals in the government require banks to make questionable loans, our tax dollars are used to bail them out, too.

The only difference is that the leftists and the liberal politicians won't take responsibility for their actions.

The solution to my scenario isn't so simple. What happens is the leftists and liberals find some scapegoats to blame and then they bail out the banks anyway.

Suit yourself.

Well, they WERE being threatened by the Justice department to make increasing amounts of risky loans to low income borrowers

So abandon your standards that you've been using for decades to Vet lenders ( because they're " racist " ) or get sued by the DOJ, HUD and Community activist groups into bankruptcy

Bill Clintons Fair lending task force was at the root of the Subprime debacle

Abandoning Glass-Steagall was the root of the problem, and Clinton owns some of the blame.

One more thing, you falsely accused me of abandoning standards that I don't even have. What is the purpose of that?

Abandoning Glass-Steagall was the root of the problem, and Clinton owns some of the blame.

One more thing, you falsely accused me of abandoning standards that I don't even have. What is the purpose of that?

No, I said the Banks were forced to abandon their standards or face being sued into Bankruptcy by Clintons DOJ, HUD and or Community Activist organizations like ACORN

Janet Reno bragged about it in 1998, suing Banks for not being " fair " that is

Glass Steagal is a red herring, not as substantial as people think.

No, the GSEs were the driving force since they purchase, bundled and sold off as " AAA " MBSs Subprime loans by the hundreds of billions of dollars

The first large securitization of Subprime loans happened in 1997 when Freddie Mac guaranteed 380 million dollars worth of Subprime loans.

Thats 2 years before Glass Steagal.

A new Chinese proverb: At the end of every rainbow, there is a pot gold. At the beginning every f*** up, there are liberals.

Obama, Reid and Pelosi preached obstructionism, fear, and hatred. It and it worked for them.

Nonsense they're all busy doing their job and if that involves a little politicing, well then I'm sorry for them.

The Banks paid all that money back already so as far as I'm concerned we could sure go ahead and bail them out again.

The Banks paid all that money back already so as far as I'm concerned we could sure go ahead and bail them out again.

I'd rather see the banks not being put in the position by the government to be needing a bailout in the first place.

It's not just about the money, you know...it's the massive amount of damage to our economy that resulted from the ****-storm caused by the leftists and liberals.

I'd rather see the banks not being put in the position by the government to be needing a bailout in the first place.

It's not just about the money, you know...it's the massive amount of damage to our economy that resulted from the ****-storm caused by the leftists and liberals.

Yes, I agree. These crises that allow some of the wealthy to choke up on the bat cause a lot of stress to the people and can result in populace movements like Sander's.

Public opinion almost always will sway a district official. Congress people will always follow their base when it comes to being reelected.

Any president who takes his argument to the public can sway politicians.

Love him or hate him, Reagan was great at speaking to the general public and generated a lot of democrat followers.

True that true that.

In other news, I visited the recruiting station and got my first taste of PT.

Damn the Marine Corps loves to run.

It was hard but fulfilling, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I agree. These crises that allow some of the wealthy to choke up on the bat cause a lot of stress to the people and can result in populace movements like Sander's.

The wealthy had very little to do with our economic meltdown since they weren't the ones who caused it. They just adjusted their actions to make the best of the crappy situation that the left put them in.

The only reason Sanders is getting any traction is because his useful idiots believe him and others on the left who...in their efforts to avoid their own responsibility for the meltdown...have convinced them that the wealthy are the bad guys.

They aren't.

The wealthy had very little to do with our economic meltdown since they weren't the ones who caused it. They just adjusted their actions to make the best of the crappy situation that the left put them in.

The only reason Sanders is getting any traction is because his useful idiots believe him and others on the left who...in their efforts to avoid their own responsibility for the meltdown...have convinced them that the wealthy are the bad guys.

They aren't.

I'm not concerned with who caused the meltdown, I'm concerned with Republican attitude and behavior afterwards.

Bush was responsible because he could see it coming and he told Congress but did not make them do something about it.

Democrats and Republicans were equally responsible but I don't know who is guilty.

The wealthy are bad guys, its a given, "all have sinned."

Do you want sinners to get away with more money than they need to fulfill their Divine plan?

Do you want sinners to have anything but to have to work to put money and food on the table and keep a roof over their heads?

I'm not concerned with who caused the meltdown, I'm concerned with Republican attitude and behavior afterwards.

Bush was responsible because he could see it coming and he told Congress but did not make them do something about it.

Democrats and Republicans were equally responsible but I don't know who is guilty.

The wealthy are bad guys, its a given, "all have sinned."

Do you want sinners to get away with more money than they need to fulfill their Divine plan?

Do you want sinners to have anything but to have to work to put money and food on the table and keep a roof over their heads?

LOL!!

Dude...you are quite erratic and illogical in your ramblings, don't you think?

1. You say you are not concerned with who caused the meltdown...that you are concerned with Republican attitude and behavior afterwards.

2. But then you turn right around and say Bush is responsible because he didn't make Congress do something about it. Not sure what you expected from him...perhaps he should have put them in jail because they didn't do what he told them to do? BTW, you DO know it was the Democrats who disputed his warnings and refused to follow his suggestions, right?

3. But wait...now you say it's BOTH Democrats and Republicans "equally responsible" and you don't know who's guilty...even though I've TOLD you who's guilty. ??? :doh ???

4. Oh...that's right...it's really the wealthy who are the bad guys...not the politicians?? They are the REAL "sinners"?

5. And now you mention some kind of "Divine Plan"?? Whatever the hell THAT is??

Tell you what, Exquisitor, perhaps you should stop...collect your thoughts...get things straight in your head...before you go around spewing this irrational idiocy, eh?

No, I said the Banks were forced to abandon their standards or face being sued into Bankruptcy by Clintons DOJ, HUD and or Community Activist organizations like ACORN

Janet Reno bragged about it in 1998, suing Banks for not being " fair " that is

Glass Steagal is a red herring, not as substantial as people think.

No, the GSEs were the driving force since they purchase, bundled and sold off as " AAA " MBSs Subprime loans by the hundreds of billions of dollars

The first large securitization of Subprime loans happened in 1997 when Freddie Mac guaranteed 380 million dollars worth of Subprime loans.

Thats 2 years before Glass Steagal.

Bush had his own program to encourage home ownership, but I'm not dumbass enough to blame him for Glass-Steagall being repealed, the root cause of our financial meltdown.

Back
Top Bottom