• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tell us what your name means here

LeftyHenry was just something I came up with when I was high and wrote down because I thought it was cool to have a rhyming username lol :lol:. Coincidently, my first name is Henry and I'm a "leftist".

But LeftyHenry doesn't rhyme...wait...does it when you're high?

Sorta self explanatory. Might be changing next year, hopefully not.

My name stands for Are You For Real.

My name stands for Are You For Real.

Is that something you say a lot in real life and/or something you think you will say a lot on this message board?

Short answer: I really love coffee. Drink something like a gallon a day.

Long answer: I had three students with very similar tastes/senses of humor to mine, and we became friends. I had told them at one point that, despite being an atheist, I was also (sort of) an ordained minister (I signed up with the Universal Life Church 15 years ago), and they thought it was hilarious, since they were also atheists, so they signed up as well. Then they all managed to get into one of my classes together, and so we had four Reverends in the same classroom.

We got tired of trying to explain that we were reverends without any religion, and so we decided to start our own religion. We chose 42 as the central ideal of worship (since it is the answer to life, the universe, and everything), and because German is a cool language, we named the religion Die Kirche von Zweiundvierzig, the Church of 42. We used to have a website and everything, and someday I'll resurrect it.

Anyway, we all decided that since our church didn't have any saints that we should be the saints. I suggested we call ourselves patron saints of something, so we picked our favorite things, decided on High Holy Days, wrote hymns, rituals, prayers, and created a basic morality that included the ultimate in goodness (Tool and Metallica) and the ultimate evil (Martha Stewart and Bill Gates). It was a hell of a lot of fun. So the four of us were the patron saints of Coca-Cola, the Simpsons, sporks -- and coffee.

Coffee Day, by the way, is January 19 (the 42nd day of the year), and the proper ritual to perform in honor of coffee is to drink 42 ounces of coffee before ingesting anything else (something I do every day), while singing the Coffee Hymn. I'll try to find it if anyone cares to join me.

The saint of sporks! lol

Beautiful and inspiring.

The saint of sporks! lol

Beautiful and inspiring.

Thanks. Spork Day is November 19, the 42nd-to-last day of the year, and the ritual includes attaching 42 sporks to your clothing and wearing them all day.

Holy Java, I just read my own post -- and I got Coffee Day wrong! The 42nd day of the year is February 11! Oh, the shame of it all.

JERRY

Usage: English

Pronounced: JER-ee [key]

Pet form of JEREMY, GERALD or GERALDINE.

From a Germanic name meaning "rule of the spear", from the element ger "spear" combined with wald "rule". This name was brought to Britain by the Normans.

Behind the Name: View Name: Jerry

Is that something you say a lot in real life and/or something you think you will say a lot on this message board?
I say it a lot when talking religion or politics in real life (not internet) especially when talking to CTers

My name means:
(to be read to the tune of America the Beautiful)
  • Long Beach in June
  • An ocean breeze on a hot day
  • A debate won without effort
  • Kate Hudson with breast implants
  • Solving X in terms of Y
  • aps on a bad day
  • cnredd's mojo
  • teacher's concience
  • A 32 ounce schooner of some Candian beer
  • The TOT killer
  • A lanced roid
  • A refund at tax time