• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tell me

....no what I go by is FACTS over FEELINGS.....I am not so jaded in my personal dislike or hatred over someone that I don’t research and look for my own conclusions.....I would much rather have Trump as a president than someone whose biggest accomplishment in the past 50 years is The Crime Bill...that brought the biggest mass incarceration of African Americans in history to fruition.....and as far as being uneducated.....I have my master’s working on my doctorate.....what about you?!?

PhD? Doctor of Phools

....no what I go by is FACTS over FEELINGS....

So do I, and that's why I posted facts and contrasted those facts with Bullseye's decision to alternate between lack of facts and twisting them.

I am not so jaded in my personal dislike or hatred over someone that I don’t research and look for my own conclusions.....I would much rather have Trump as a president than someone whose biggest accomplishment in the past 50 years is The Crime Bill...that brought the biggest mass incarceration of African Americans in history to fruition.....and as far as being uneducated

I won't speculate about personal motive, but whatever it is you for some reason seem to have missed the entire post. I spoke of facts vs. his lack of them or twisting of them.

and as far as being uneducated

Where did I call you uneducated? If I make a personal statement like that, it should be reported. I speak of posts.

.I have my master’s working on my doctorate.....what about you?!?

Since you ask, I've had a doctorate for quite a while. Generally speaking, I find that people with them are able to structure a paper in formats other than Spastic Phrase Salad, and are thus must be able to do the same with posts.

But I do not care whether your claim is true or not. I judge a post not by who made it, but what is in it. If you have a masters and are "working on" a doctorate, then you are someone with a masters who is working on a doctorate who made a very bad post.

Initial incompetence in handling COVID? Really, Pelosi and Cuomo were encouraging people to party in the streets weeks after Trump closed air travel. And let's not forget Pelosi symbolism in tearing up Trump's State of the Union speech where he warned of the virus.
You don't get much correct, do you.
You recite all the myths perfectly. Half-truths (obamas deficits didn't start dropping until GOP took control of the House). So, if you don't like the Dow, how about Unemployment rate - he set new records for women, minorities and overall. By the way 50% of US households own stock so the Dow going up IS a sign of broad prosperity.
Not to mention a healthy dose of mindless bull****, LW mantras and general bull****.

"President Donald Trump is making false and exaggerated claims about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Feb. 24 trip to San Francisco’s Chinatown. Pelosi urged people to shop and eat there at a time when tourism was suffering because of the novel coronavirus, which originated in China late last year.

Trump falsely tweeted that “Crazy Nancy Pelosi” had deleted a video from Twitter of her visit to Chinatown. “She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA,” Trump said. But there is no record such a video was ever posted on Twitter by Pelosi".Trump's False Claims about Pelosi and Chinatown - FactCheck.org

I'll match you Pelosi's tearing up Trump's state of the union and raise you Trump's very very strange holding up of the Bible in front of a church. At least Pelosi didn't force people off the streets in order to accomplish her symbolism.

Check the economy today instead of last year's and why is Obama still being dragged over the coals. Trump is president and the debt is astronomical and getting worse.

The worst thing Trump has done? The office has had no effect on him. He has not grown or changed or become more presidential and he has never understood that he is not the CEO of USA Inc.

"President Donald Trump is making false and exaggerated claims about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Feb. 24 trip to San Francisco’s Chinatown. Pelosi urged people to shop and eat there at a time when tourism was suffering because of the novel coronavirus, which originated in China late last year.

Trump falsely tweeted that “Crazy Nancy Pelosi” had deleted a video from Twitter of her visit to Chinatown. “She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA,” Trump said. But there is no record such a video was ever posted on Twitter by Pelosi".Trump's False Claims about Pelosi and Chinatown - FactCheck.org

I'll match you Pelosi's tearing up Trump's state of the union and raise you Trump's very very strange holding up of the Bible in front of a church. At least Pelosi didn't force people off the streets in order to accomplish her symbolism.

Check the economy today instead of last year's and why is Obama still being dragged over the coals. Trump is president and the debt is astronomical and getting worse.

The worst thing Trump has done? The office has had no effect on him. He has not grown or changed or become more presidential and he has never understood that he is not the CEO of USA Inc.
And you think that was a wise idea. Aren't we now preventing people from shopping and dining because of the worry of virus spread? Wouldn't it spread in Fearuary too? That was before social distancing and masks were prevalent.

Initial incompetence in handling COVID? Really, Pelosi and Cuomo were encouraging people to party in the streets weeks after Trump closed air travel. And let's not forget Pelosi symbolism in tearing up Trump's State of the Union speech where he warned of the virus.

You don't get much correct, do you.

You recite all the myths perfectly. Half-truths (obamas deficits didn't start dropping until GOP took control of the House). So, if you don't like the Dow, how about Unemployment rate - he set new records for women, minorities and overall. By the way 50% of US households own stock so the Dow going up IS a sign of broad prosperity.

Not to mention a healthy dose of mindless bull****, LW mantras and general bull****.

Irony to the power of a gogolplex

So do I, and that's why I posted facts and contrasted those facts with Bullseye's decision to alternate between lack of facts and twisting them.

I won't speculate about personal motive, but whatever it is you for some reason seem to have missed the entire post. I spoke of facts vs. his lack of them or twisting of them.

Where did I call you uneducated? If I make a personal statement like that, it should be reported. I speak of posts.

Since you ask, I've had a doctorate for quite a while. Generally speaking, I find that people with them are able to structure a paper in formats other than Spastic Phrase Salad, and are thus must be able to do the same with posts.

But I do not care whether your claim is true or not. I judge a post not by who made it, but what is in it. If you have a masters and are "working on" a doctorate, then you are someone with a masters who is working on a doctorate who made a very bad post.

I'm not a Trump supporter...

You hate Trump yet support Biden? So.... In all the decades that Biden has been in office in one way or another, what exactly has HE done to improve life in our country? Especially for minorities?
(P.S. he helped write the laws that have cause the over-incarceration of people of color and that have led to the police state)

We'll wait...

?? you cannot answer my request ??
What past events exhibit the possible knowledge/abilities you are proclaiming ?
What actions has he performed that exhibits superior abilities in organization and leadership?

I did answer "your request"; it wasn't good enough for you that he was an exemplary Senator and a trusted and values Vice President. Tell me anything specifically wonderful about any Senator or VP, they usually go about DOING THEIR JOB quietly. That he didn't cause any **** is proof that he can lead and is a Great Statesman.

I'm not a Trump supporter...

You hate Trump yet support Biden? So.... In all the decades that Biden has been in office in one way or another, what exactly has HE done to improve life in our country? Especially for minorities?
(P.S. he helped write the laws that have cause the over-incarceration of people of color and that have led to the police state)

We'll wait...

I told you. Trump is worse than Biden.

If you need more information, read post 22 in response to Bull. I ain't dancing.

:2wave:

.and it’s “thus able to use” not “and are thus must be able to do”....I can do this all night with you.....I am not giving a dissertation....nor am I writing a thesis either... Like it or not Trump is representing the Republican Party right now and his ideals are what align with a lot of Americans so, that’s who we are voting for. That doesn’t mean we are a racist or any other generalization that gets made...

.and it’s “thus able to use” not “and are thus must be able to do”....I can do this all night with you.....I am not giving a dissertation....nor am I writing a thesis either... Like it or not Trump is representing the Republican Party right now and his ideals are what align with a lot of Americans so, that’s who we are voting for. That doesn’t mean we are a racist or any other generalization that gets made...

You did not respond to a damn thing on topic. Oh well.....

You did not respond to a damn thing on topic. Oh well.....
America is not a democracy either. It is by definition a constitutional republic. So you didn't even get that correct.

America is not a democracy either. It is by definition a constitutional republic. So you didn't even get that correct.

That's interesting.

This was supposed to be the topic.

When you take guys take A break from practicing, can you tell me why? Tell me why Biden would be better for America?

I said Trump sucked. I got this:

How high did the DJIA get while Biden was in office; how low was the unemployment rate for women and minorities? How about the cumulative unemployment rated. The only metric that was higher during Biden's turn was his son's salary.

I objected thus:

What fresh idiocy is this?

-Biden hasn't been President. He was vice president, before that, in congress.
-Biden as VP couldn't have done anything about any of those things, except maybe scold his son. Meanwhile Trump put his family in powerful unaccountable unelected positions, while steering government money to his own properties.
-Obama turned a 1.4 trillion deficit into a 550 billion deficit.
-Trump turned a 550billion deficit into a trillion deficit.
- The deficit Trump will hand Biden will be about FOUR TRILLION, if not more, thanks to:
-- His initial incompetent handling of COVID
-- His decision to quash a Kushner testing plan because they calculated that the virus would ravage blue states, and they could gain politically by letting people die then blaming blue governors.
-The DOW is hardly a measure of the economy for everybody.

I could go on....but what do you care about truth?

All, note the dishonesty in posting of the Trumpist. I say what I said. The Trumpist focuses on two numbers that he apparently thinks were lower in the Great Recession than they were at their highest point in the greatest economy ever that Obama handed to Trump (and has now wrecked with lies and denials about COVID, which allowed it to explode).

Moroever, the Trumpist offers no argument that Biden caused the numbers. Naturally, the Trumipst can't. Obama inherited yet another GOP-wrecked economy. Of course all sorts of numbers are going to be bad. And of course, when he hands a booming economy to Trump, the numbers will continue to get better just so long as Trump or the outside world does nothing to wreck them.

Hell, he doesn't even name dates OR say why those dates are the points of comparison.

You've sure wasted a lot of peoples' time with stupid posts. How about you donate to DP? You wouldn't want to be one of those "takers" you lot are always on about.

And then you were all over the place; education-related challenges, what America is, not a goalpost in sight. I have no idea how to respond further.

That's interesting.

This was supposed to be the topic.

I said Trump sucked. I got this:

I objected thus:

And then you were all over the place; education-related challenges, what America is, not a goalpost in sight. I have no idea how to respond further.

....and if you want to talk about a word salad or Aphasia (for dementia patients) that is as you should know what Biden has been exhibiting for the past few months....

....and if you want to talk about a word salad or Aphasia (for dementia patients) that is as you should know what Biden has been exhibiting for the past few months....

Oh word salads? Glad you brought aphasia up; jives with Trump's verbal deficits.

Allow me, Mr. Queef.

DAWSEY: You said yesterday when you were leaving that you were skeptical of a climate change report that the government had done. Can you just explain why you’re skeptical of that report?

TRUMP: One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean. But when you look at China and you look at parts of Asia and when you look at South America, and when you look at many other places in this world, including Russia, including — just many other places — the air is incredibly dirty. And when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over. I mean, we take thousands of tons of garbage off our beaches all the time that comes over from Asia. It just flows right down the Pacific, it flows, and we say where does this come from. And it takes many people to start off with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...shington-post-interview-transcript-annotated/

DAWSEY: So you’re saying you don’t see the —

TRUMP: Josh, you go to other places where they have denser trees — it’s more dense, where the trees are more flammable — they don’t have forest fires like this, because they maintain. And it was very interesting, I was watching the firemen, and they’re raking brush — you know the tumbleweed and brush, and all this stuff that’s growing underneath. It’s on fire, and they’re raking it, working so hard, and they’re raking all this stuff. If that was raked in the beginning, there’d be nothing to catch on fire. It’s very interesting to see. A lot of the trees, they took tremendous burn at the bottom, but they didn’t catch on fire. The bottom is all burned but they didn’t catch on fire because they sucked the water, they’re wet. You need forest management, and they don’t have it.

(SAME)

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

PolitiFact | In Context: What Donald Trump said about disinfectant, sun and coronavirus

“And you know when you say ‘per capita,’ there’s many per capitas,” the president said. “It’s like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category and we’re really at the top, meaning positive, on a per capita basis too.”

‘This man is dumb’: Trump ignites mockery after claiming there are ‘many per capitas’ – Raw Story

tl;dr of #39

Trump babble.jpg

Trumb babble 2.jpg

Trump babble 3.jpg

I did answer "your request"; it wasn't good enough for you that he was an exemplary Senator and a trusted and values Vice President. Tell me anything specifically wonderful about any Senator or VP, they usually go about DOING THEIR JOB quietly. That he didn't cause any **** is proof that he can lead and is a Great Statesman.

This is a serious question.. as a Senator he represented his state as a collective group. What accomplishments did he spearhead or complete for NJ that was a standout for his state.
To my awareness, he's only worked in politics and is quite well off financially. Without the experience of business how is he knowledgeable about business economics ?
I'm looking for info along, but not limited to, these lines.

Will you get it if I explain to you that it's because on every single metric one could use to measure each candidate against each other, Trump is worse?

Exactly. Trump is basically a bag of **** in every quantifiable way, and Biden is old and boring. But Biden is not a huge bag of ****, so that's the end of that story.

Oh word salads? Glad you brought aphasia up; jives with Trump's verbal deficits.

Allow me, Mr. Queef.

DAWSEY: You said yesterday when you were leaving that you were skeptical of a climate change report that the government had done. Can you just explain why you’re skeptical of that report?

TRUMP: One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean. But when you look at China and you look at parts of Asia and when you look at South America, and when you look at many other places in this world, including Russia, including — just many other places — the air is incredibly dirty. And when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over. I mean, we take thousands of tons of garbage off our beaches all the time that comes over from Asia. It just flows right down the Pacific, it flows, and we say where does this come from. And it takes many people to start off with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...shington-post-interview-transcript-annotated/

DAWSEY: So you’re saying you don’t see the —

TRUMP: Josh, you go to other places where they have denser trees — it’s more dense, where the trees are more flammable — they don’t have forest fires like this, because they maintain. And it was very interesting, I was watching the firemen, and they’re raking brush — you know the tumbleweed and brush, and all this stuff that’s growing underneath. It’s on fire, and they’re raking it, working so hard, and they’re raking all this stuff. If that was raked in the beginning, there’d be nothing to catch on fire. It’s very interesting to see. A lot of the trees, they took tremendous burn at the bottom, but they didn’t catch on fire. The bottom is all burned but they didn’t catch on fire because they sucked the water, they’re wet. You need forest management, and they don’t have it.

(SAME)

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

PolitiFact | In Context: What Donald Trump said about disinfectant, sun and coronavirus

“And you know when you say ‘per capita,’ there’s many per capitas,” the president said. “It’s like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category and we’re really at the top, meaning positive, on a per capita basis too.”

‘This man is dumb’: Trump ignites mockery after claiming there are ‘many per capitas’ – Raw Story

....I am positive that Trump doesn’t have aphasia however, if you actually take the time to look at every interview Biden has given in the past 3 weeks....you can clearly see symptoms! I actually feel terrible about his team pushing him out in public with clear cognitive decline.....and everyone I have talked to at work says the same....so, I can’t believe you are really commenting like you don’t see it! That right there is enough for me to be done here. If you are any kind of educated individual and don’t see it....then you are just blindly endorsing someone who isn’t Trump just bc, he isn’t Trump! I have dealt with dementia and Alzheimer’s both personally and professionally and Biden is exhibiting cognitive decline! Here again however, let’s call Trump into question when that wasn’t the original statement to begin with. Why does everything have to be an automatic flip to call the other person into question?!?

....light therapy is actually being studied right now to stop the spread of coronavirus by eliminating the viral load in your nose. He is the President and I expect him to protect my constitutional rights not give medical advice....I talk to doctors all day off and on for that! There are several articles you can lookup about that! I can protect my own health.....I can make those decisions on my own as long as he is protecting my constitutional rights that’s all he needs to be there for....in my opinion!

This is a serious question.. as a Senator he represented his state as a collective group. What accomplishments did he spearhead or complete for NJ that was a standout for his state.
To my awareness, he's only worked in politics and is quite well off financially. Without the experience of business how is he knowledgeable about business economics ?
I'm looking for info along, but not limited to, these lines.

Biden was a longtime member and eventually chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He opposed the Gulf War in 1991 but advocated for U.S. and NATO intervention in the Bosnian War in 1994 and 1995, expanding NATO in the 1990s, and the 1999 bombing of Serbia during the Kosovo War. He supported the resolution authorizing the Iraq War in 2002 but opposed the surge of U.S. troops in 2007. He also served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee from 1987 to 1995, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention, and civil liberties. Biden led the efforts to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act, and oversaw the contentious U.S. Supreme Court nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas.

Biden was reelected six times to the U.S. Senate and was the fourth-most senior senator when he resigned after winning the vice presidency alongside Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.[4] Obama and Biden were reelected in 2012. As Vice President, Biden oversaw infrastructure spending in 2009 to counteract the Great Recession. His negotiations with congressional Republicans helped the Obama administration pass legislation including the 2010 Tax Relief Act, which resolved a taxation deadlock; the Budget Control Act of 2011, which resolved a debt ceiling crisis; and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which addressed the impending fiscal cliff. In foreign policy, Biden led the efforts to pass the United States–Russia New START treaty; supported military intervention in Libya, and helped formulate U.S. policy toward Iraq through the withdrawal of U.S. troops in 2011. Following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, Biden led the Gun Violence Task Force, created to address the causes of gun violence in the United States.[5]

In October 2015, Biden announced that he would not seek the presidency in the 2016 election. In January 2017, Obama awarded Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction.[

That's from Wikipedia. What I read is he was a Senator that was consistantly against war, severed on and chaired many high profile commities including oversight of Supreme Court nominations and was reelected 6 times. He went on to be a valuable aid to President Obama in getting the economy back on track and was intrumental in formulating policy. Seems like a good primer for the Presidency to me.

What fresh idiocy is this?

-Biden hasn't been President. He was vice president, before that, in congress.
-Biden as VP couldn't have done anything about any of those things, except maybe scold his son. Meanwhile Trump put his family in powerful unaccountable unelected positions, while steering government money to his own properties.
-Obama turned a 1.4 trillion deficit into a 550 billion deficit.
-Trump turned a 550billion deficit into a trillion deficit.
- The deficit Trump will hand Biden will be about FOUR TRILLION, if not more, thanks to:
-- His initial incompetent handling of COVID
-- His decision to quash a Kushner testing plan because they calculated that the virus would ravage blue states, and they could gain politically by letting people die then blaming blue governors.
-The DOW is hardly a measure of the economy for everybody.

I could go on....but what do you care about truth?

All, note the dishonesty in posting of the Trumpist. I say what I said. The Trumpist focuses on two numbers that he apparently thinks were lower in the Great Recession than they were at their highest point in the greatest economy ever that Obama handed to Trump (and has now wrecked with lies and denials about COVID, which allowed it to explode).

Moroever, the Trumpist offers no argument that Biden caused the numbers. Naturally, the Trumipst can't. Obama inherited yet another GOP-wrecked economy. Of course all sorts of numbers are going to be bad. And of course, when he hands a booming economy to Trump, the numbers will continue to get better just so long as Trump or the outside world does nothing to wreck them.

Hell, he doesn't even name dates OR say why those dates are the points of comparison.

You've sure wasted a lot of peoples' time with stupid posts. How about you donate to DP? You wouldn't want to be one of those "takers" you lot are always on about.

Really? He was against integrated busing for schools, saying “non-"orderly" racial integration policies would cause his children to "grow up in a racial jungle.”

Biden drafted the infamous 1994 crime bill, signed into law by former President Bill Clinton, that many have cited as one of the driving factors behind mass incarceration and the disproportionate imprisonment of people of color.

But he’s never been divisive.

Fauci is a one trick pony. He has no concept of managing the entire country while fighting the virus; he's got a secure job at a good salary and his kids aren't school age.
Dr. Fauci is one of the top epidemiologists in the world. Whether you chose to accept it, or not.

Dr. Fauci is one of the top epidemiologists in the world. Whether you chose to accept it, or not.
I thought I made that clear. But there are far wider issues we have to deal with than his expertise comprises. Food supplies, employment, education, etc; things presidents, governor and local officials have to deal with are beyond Fauci's scope of expertise.

He promises to put Dr. Fauci in charge of pandemic response, and give him independence & autonomy. I can't think of a better reason to vote.
:shock:

Damning with faint praise.

I thought I made that clear. But there are far wider issues we have to deal with than his expertise comprises. Food supplies, employment, education, etc; things presidents, governor and local officials have to deal with are beyond Fauci's scope of expertise.
Alright, that's fair.

Back
Top Bottom