• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen who was relentlessly bullied kills herself in front of her family

It's sad that tragic stories like this become fodder for moralizing about suicide. Suicide is not a moral issue, it is a personal decision that anyone should be allowed to make. What I find tragic about suicide is that it is a decision based too much on the emotion of the moment, without thought of the possibility of waiting long enough for the situation to improve. People who commit suicide are not always mentally ill or unstable. There can be completely rational reasons for suicide. It is not up to us to determine how much pain anyone should have to live with. What is sad is that someone's pain can become so unbearable that they see no point in continuing to live. Their death hurts those left behind who cared about them. But often they are powerless to do anything to assure them that their pain may not permanent. I have seen people commit suicide over triggering events, like a break-up. These were otherwise rational people who reacted with extreme negative emotion to a temporary set-back. Emotions can run very strong to the point of despair. The wall of despair may appear unbreachable to those who choose suicide.

We live in a cruel world because it is populated by a cruel species called human beings. Unfortunately, not everyone is equipped to handle that cruelty.

It must be nice to live in a world where you can attribute baseless blame, single-handedely deem something as a success or a failure... when in fact, you are simply ignoring reality and characterising anything that doesn't fit with it as trolling or whatever another epithet you chose to use at the time. Moreover, no matter how many times you would want to repeat it to yourself, assertions similar in nature to "it is cause I said so" do not constitute neither an answer nor an explanation in any kind of discussion online or irl. Not only that you haven't shown anything to be false or wrong, as a large portion of your replies consisted of either evasion from simple questions or extremely self-righteous opinions but throughout a number of your gloating posts you've managed to provide further backing to my initial assertion regarding the nature of your supposed "advisory post". It is probably extremely difficult for you, but next time, when you're attempting to showcase your supposed expertise you probably should be prepared to the notion that multiple people will not simply mindlessly take the opinions that you produce on the pages of DP as gospel.

Fallen.

You failed. Completely and totally. Mac trolled. That was evident. Other than that, you were the only one who had issue with my post. It must bother you that you have no evidence for your silly claim... bother you so much that you keep trying to bring that silly claim up as if it actually has any validity at all. It doesn't. Take your failure like a man and let it go.

As far as content of this thread, I answered your questions, and did so clearly. Apparently you didn't like the answers. Perhaps this was due to you being upset about having your initial premise about my first post being shown to have no credibility. Perhaps not. Either way, you seem upset that your attempt to point out something about that initial post of mine completely failed. Don't take it so hard. I've proven wrong plenty of better posters than you.

You failed. Completely and totally. Mac trolled. That was evident. Other than that, you were the only one who had issue with my post. It must bother you that you have no evidence for your silly claim... bother you so much that you keep trying to bring that silly claim up as if it actually has any validity at all. It doesn't. Take your failure like a man and let it go.

Lets see.
Page 2: A poster expressing discontent with your advisory post.
Page 10: A second poster expressing discontent with your advisory post, which actually got a like from a third poster.

Now after your numerous posts in which you kept claiming that it was only me and another poster that expressed discontent with your "advisory post" were shown to be false, I wonder what will you do?!? Like before, you will probably keep dismissing anything that doesn't fit into your little fantasy world you've built yourself, this time using some other excuse.

As far as content of this thread, I answered your questions, and did so clearly. Apparently you didn't like the answers. Perhaps this was due to you being upset about having your initial premise about my first post being shown to have no credibility. Perhaps not. Either way, you seem upset that your attempt to point out something about that initial post of mine completely failed. Don't take it so hard. I've proven wrong plenty of better posters than you.

Yet again you keep boasting about some supposed wit or success when in fact you've failed to provide any meaningful response or further explanation to the issues I've raised beyond a mere "it is cause I said so". This post above, as well as your previous baseless gloating showcases quite well what I've been saying to you all along. You're simply indulging in cheap chest-beating on the pages of DP in some miserable attempt to boost your own ego.

Fallen.

Last edited:
Bullied teen kills herself in front of her family - CNN.com

Cyber bullying. A modern day issue. Awful. Disgusting. Tragic.

Can we, or should we hold people accountable when something of this nature happens?
Can assault charges be levied if it's just words on the internet?

Flip side of that is people don't have to be "on" the internet. You can turn off Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

I'm torn between anger at the kids who mercilessly tortured this girl, and just outright sadness that she felt her only way out was suicide.
Her family must be absolutely devastated having watched her pull the trigger.

Bullying has been around forever. People from past generations had their own way of handling bullying.

The question we should ask ourselves: how come our youth are now so susceptible to committing suicide?

As a society, we must be raising children to become unable to cope with the harsh realities of life. We're doing something terribly wrong.
We're raising "weak" children.

As an example: we give them counselling at the drop of the hat! A school mate they hardly know dies in a car crash - they need counselling!
Now, everyone requires a hug! Even for just having had a long day!

It's gonna get worse.

Last edited:
Bullying has been around forever. People from past generations had their own way of handling bullying.

The question we should ask ourselves: how come our youth are now so susceptible to committing suicide?

As a society, we must be raising children to become unable to cope with the harsh realities of life. We're doing something terribly wrong.

The rate of suicide for children has increased a tiny bit over the last few decades, but it's dramatically increased for older Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/health/us-suicide-rate-surges-to-a-30-year-high.html?_r=0

But men still kill themselves at a rate 3.6 times that of women.

men over 75 still have the highest suicide rate of any age group — 38.8 per 100,000 in 2014, compared with just four per 100,000 for their female counterparts.

“There was a consistent pattern,” he said, which held for all ages between 25 and 64. “When the economy got worse, suicides went up, and when it got better, they went down.”

The divorce rate has doubled for middle-aged and older adults since the 1990s, she said.

The federal health agency’s last major report on suicide, released in 2013, noted a sharp increase in suicide among 35- to 64-year-olds.

Lets see.
Page 2: A poster expressing discontent with your advisory post.
Page 10: A second poster expressing discontent with your advisory post, which actually got a like from a third poster.

Now after your numerous posts in which you kept claiming that it was only me and another poster that expressed discontent with your "advisory post" were shown to be false, I wonder what will you do?!? Like before, you will probably keep dismissing anything that doesn't fit into your little fantasy world you've built yourself, this time using some other excuse.

That's right... you're talking about two posters who will ALSO troll me in any thread where they can. I understand that you are ignorant to the social dynamics of things at DP and don't seem to realize that sometimes responses are more about the person than the argument. Shall we take a look at how many people posted in this thread and did NOT negatively comment on what I said... or how many others VIEWED this thread and did not comment negatively on what I said? Doubt you'd be honest about that. My point stands. You didn't like what I said. Too bad. You misinterpreted what I said and did... as evidenced by the outcome. All you are doing right now is trying to scramble for some semblance of face-saving around this issue. Only way that's going to happen if you concede. I won't since I'm not wrong.

Yet again you keep boasting about some supposed wit or success when in fact you've failed to provide any meaningful response or further explanation to the issues I've raised beyond a mere "it is cause I said so". This post above, as well as your previous baseless gloating showcases quite well what I've been saying to you all along. You're simply indulging in cheap chest-beating on the pages of DP in some miserable attempt to boost your own ego.

Fallen.

And yet again, you keep making false claims simply because 1) you don't understand the explanations I gave, and/or 2) you decided that you didn't like the post that so annoyed you, and you are reacting emotionally and personally from that. Either way, demonstrating that you don't understand the issue isn't boasting or gloating. It is an accurate description of the events in this thread. All you are doing is attempting to deny that... and doing so quite poorly.

That's right... you're talking about two posters who will ALSO troll me in any thread where they can. I understand that you are ignorant to the social dynamics of things at DP and don't seem to realize that sometimes responses are more about the person than the argument. Shall we take a look at how many people posted in this thread and did NOT negatively comment on what I said... or how many others VIEWED this thread and did not comment negatively on what I said? Doubt you'd be honest about that. My point stands. You didn't like what I said. Too bad. You misinterpreted what I said and did... as evidenced by the outcome. All you are doing right now is trying to scramble for some semblance of face-saving around this issue. Only way that's going to happen if you concede. I won't since I'm not wrong.

Interesting, so now from "only 1 troll & you" we moved to "only 2 trolls & you" and to shift the conversation and pad your own ego once again you're now taking the "but, but look at all the other people!" route. You were wrong and you've just been caught spreading baseless and false assertions throughout several posts that you've made in this thread, if your memory fails you I will remind you.

These were just shown to be false.
Other than you and one poster who came here to troll me, no one complained. Hence, it's your problem. Don't like it? Too bad.

You and a troll. That's it. The problem here is with you, not me. You tried to create an issue and failed miserably. I suppose you must be used to that.

You failed. Completely and totally. Mac trolled. That was evident. Other than that, you were the only one who had issue with my post.

Unfortunately for you, you are not some erudite debater, you are just another extremely arrogant guy that got caught spreading baseless and false assertions online, deal with it.

And yet again, you keep making false claims simply because 1) you don't understand the explanations I gave, and/or 2) you decided that you didn't like the post that so annoyed you, and you are reacting emotionally and personally from that. Either way, demonstrating that you don't understand the issue isn't boasting or gloating. It is an accurate description of the events in this thread. All you are doing is attempting to deny that... and doing so quite poorly.

I was perfectly clear and actually stated openly that I wasn't an expert in the field of your supposed expertise. I've also said several times already that despite that, I did not find your supposed "explanations" sufficient, as they did not address the issues I've raised beyond an "it is cause I said so" set of claims. If you would go back and actually re-read our conversation you would find that most of my requests on the topic were in an attempt to get some simple clarifications and further explanations of your claims.

Fallen.

Last edited:
Interesting, so now from "only 1 troll & you" we moved to "only 2 trolls & you" and to shift the conversation and pad your own ego once again you're now taking the "but, but look at all the other people!" route. You were wrong and you've just been caught spreading baseless and false assertions throughout several posts that you've made in this thread, if your memory fails you I will remind you.

These were just shown to be false.

Nope. You are ignorant as to the interpersonal dynamics that inhabit this forum. I didn't initially see the other post. When I did, it was obvious, based on who it was, why it was posted. It had no validity at all... nor did yours.

You choose to comment on a post of mine. Not only was your comment misrepresentative, but MY comment turned out to be an on target assessment and prevention. I understand that your poor attempt has completely backfired and been shown to be silly.

Oh, and there were 129 OTHER posters who either posted or viewed the thread who did not see enough of a problem with my post to comment. 4 out of 133... 3 people trolling and attacking, and you... someone butthurt for some reason. Your entire premise is invalid and your failure is complete.

Unfortunately for you, you are not some erudite debater, you are just another extremely arrogant guy that got caught spreading baseless and false assertions online, deal with it.

Unfortunately for you, you put your foot in your mouth in this thread and have shown yourself to be a complete failure here. Deal with that.

I was perfectly clear and actually stated openly that I wasn't an expert in the field of your supposed expertise. I've also said several times already that despite that, I did not find your supposed "explanations" sufficient, as they did not address the issues I've raised beyond an "it is cause I said so" set of claims. If you would go back and actually re-read our conversation you would find that most of my requests on the topic were in an attempt to get some simple clarifications and further explanations of your claims.

Fallen.

Just because you did not understand my explanations does not mean that they were not sufficient. Perhaps it means your education on this issue is far LESS sufficient than you believe. I have no desire to go over simple addition with someone when the discussion is about Algebra.

Nope. You are ignorant as to the interpersonal dynamics that inhabit this forum. I didn't initially see the other post. When I did, it was obvious, based on who it was, why it was posted. It had no validity at all... nor did yours.

You choose to comment on a post of mine. Not only was your comment misrepresentative, but MY comment turned out to be an on target assessment and prevention. I understand that your poor attempt has completely backfired and been shown to be silly.

Oh, and there were 129 OTHER posters who either posted or viewed the thread who did not see enough of a problem with my post to comment. 4 out of 133... 3 people trolling and attacking, and you... someone butthurt for some reason. Your entire premise is invalid and your failure is complete.

Unfortunately for you, you put your foot in your mouth in this thread and have shown yourself to be a complete failure here. Deal with that.

It is particularly interesting that you are the one that keeps talking about "complete failure", "conceding" and so on, when in fact you've been just shown to spread baseless and false assertions on the pages of this thread. You dismiss anyone who doesn't fit in your little bubble as trolls and recently even started to invoke some sort of a cheap appeal to popularity to cover up the fact that you've just been caught with your pants down. You're simply too butthurt and arrogant to accept that you were wrong and have spread false claims, too bad for you and your overly inflated ego mate, grow up and deal with it.

Just because you did not understand my explanations does not mean that they were not sufficient. Perhaps it means your education on this issue is far LESS sufficient than you believe. I have no desire to go over simple addition with someone when the discussion is about Algebra.

Regarding my "education" I"ll repeat what I've just stated yesterday, as it seems that you started having some reading comprehension issues: "I was perfectly clear and actually stated openly that I wasn't an expert in the field of your supposed expertise." However, perhaps if you would have provided more context and information beyond a set of "I said so statements", as I've requested multiple times throughout this conversation, it would have been over by now.

BTW. I understand that it is hard for you to keep your butthurt in check but please save the caps for yourself, my eyesight is fine as well as my reading comprehension, despite the fact that English isn't my first language.

Fallen.

Last edited:
Btw... here's a preemptive strike. Most of you know what I do for a living. I'll go further than that. My graduate school final thesis was on suicidality. Anyone who says something like "killing yourself is a sign of weakness" or the like, be prepared to be laughed at and humiliated for being completely ignorant on the topic.

Thank you, CC. I have lost two siblings (one bio, one from my adoptive family) to suicide and I have sat in ICU for days with a friend who attempted and almost succeeded. I get really pissed when people say it's weak, selfish etc.

It is particularly interesting that you are the one that keeps talking about "complete failure", "conceding" and so on, when in fact you've been just shown to spread baseless and false assertions on the pages of this thread. You dismiss anyone who doesn't fit in your little bubble as trolls and recently even started to invoke some sort of a cheap appeal to popularity to cover up the fact that you've just been caught with your pants down. You're simply too butthurt and arrogant to accept that you were wrong and have spread false claims, too bad for you and your overly inflated ego mate, grow up and deal with it.

I find it interesting that no matter how badly your initial comments have been shown to have no merit, you prefer to live in denial. Perhaps you've never had your ass handed to you so handily before, and expected to bluff your way though this situation. Bluffing doesn't work with me. 4 out of 133 posters didn't like my comments. You a 3 people bent on trolling me. Your position has been shown to have no validity or credibility in this thread. I'm sure that hurts your feelings, but perhaps next time you will think twice before making such a glaring error.

Regarding my "education" I"ll repeat what I've just stated yesterday, as it seems that you started having some reading comprehension issues: "I was perfectly clear and actually stated openly that I wasn't an expert in the field of your supposed expertise." However, perhaps if you would have provided more context and information beyond a set of "I said so statements", as I've requested multiple times throughout this conversation, it would have been over by now.

BTW. I understand that it is hard for you to keep your butthurt in check but please save the caps for yourself, my eyesight is fine as well as my reading comprehension, despite the fact that English isn't my first language.

Fallen.

I understand that you are no expert. But you don't even have a BASIC understanding of the issue. If you did, my explanations would have been understood. Others who are not experts got them. You didn't. Your understanding is quite deficient, and as I said, I have no desire to explain to you the basics so you might actually comprehend what was said. As far as butthurt goes, that would be you. You came in here attempting to characterize me and got your ass handed to you. It wasn't so hard as you are not even a decent debater. Oh, and i will post as I like. I use caps when someone CLEARLY can't understand what I'm saying... which is how I would describe you. Don't like it? Too bad.

Thank you, CC. I have lost two siblings (one bio, one from my adoptive family) to suicide and I have sat in ICU for days with a friend who attempted and almost succeeded. I get really pissed when people say it's weak, selfish etc.

Of course. I've seen how these threads degenerate by people who don't know anything about this issue. Mental illness is not a weakness any more than physical illness is a weakness.

I find it interesting that no matter how badly your initial comments have been shown to have no merit, you prefer to live in denial. Perhaps you've never had your ass handed to you so handily before, and expected to bluff your way though this situation. Bluffing doesn't work with me. 4 out of 133 posters didn't like my comments. You a 3 people bent on trolling me. Your position has been shown to have no validity or credibility in this thread. I'm sure that hurts your feelings, but perhaps next time you will think twice before making such a glaring error.

Actually, the only thing that has been shown so far was the fact that you've made repeated false and baseless assertions throughout several of your posts here. Funnily enough, now you've started adding me to the supposed troll list as well, which suddenly grew from "only you and a troll" to "you and 3 trolls". Moreover, a number of your self-flattering posts and constant appeals to popularity have provided further support to my initial suggestions regarding your character and the intent of your "advisory post".

I understand that you are no expert. But you don't even have a BASIC understanding of the issue. If you did, my explanations would have been understood. Others who are not experts got them. You didn't. Your understanding is quite deficient, and as I said, I have no desire to explain to you the basics so you might actually comprehend what was said. As far as butthurt goes, that would be you. You came in here attempting to characterize me and got your ass handed to you. It wasn't so hard as you are not even a decent debater. Oh, and i will post as I like. I use caps when someone CLEARLY can't understand what I'm saying... which is how I would describe you. Don't like it? Too bad.

Whatever other "explanations" you've provided and whether some "others" did or did not supposedly get them is irrelevant, as I was and still talking about a set of specific questions that I've posed to you and a number of short assertions that you've made in response to those questions. Furthermore, as I've already mentioned, if you have no desire to either explain or to provide additional details whenever someone doubts or questions further your "it is cause I said so" claims, you probably shouldn't make those claims at all. It is also quite amusing to observe how almost in every post you desperately try to ascribe to yourself some kind of a victory and continue your attempts to degrade those whose position or opinion you don't like. You've built yourself a fantasy world where you disregard anyone that doesn't pad your ego or praises your arrogant posts, however, the reality is that not only someone dared to express discontent about your supposed advice but you were also caught spreading false assertions on the pages of this thread, get an ointment for your butthurt and deal with it.

Fallen.

Back
Top Bottom