• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen saves 5-year-old from abduction

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By ED MORRISSEY
July 15,2013

Boggs, a McCaskey freshman who lives in Gable Park Woods, had been hanging out with a friend at nearby Lancaster Arms apartments and helping move a couch when a man came by asking if they'd seen a missing girl.

They hadn't, Boggs said, so they went to watch TV.

A short time later, his friend went outside and saw lots of police officers and people from the neighborhood looking for the girl.

Police said that the girl had been taken that afternoon from the 100 block of Jennings Drive.

Boggs and about six friends joined the search. That’s when, Boggs said, “I had the gut feeling that I was going to find the little girl.”

Lancaster teen Temar Boggs hailed as a hero in 5-year-old's abduction - News

A friend asked Boggs to hold his bike. Boggs figured the bike would help him search for the girl.

So he and another friend, Chris Garcia, rode on area streets — Michelle Drive, St. Phillips Drive, Gable Park Road — looking for her.

That’s when a maroon car caught his eye. (He had gotten a bit ahead of Garcia.)

Police are still looking for the alleged kidnapper. Cops described him as a white man, between 50 and 70 years old, who walks with a limp. The car was described as a red or maroon-purple Chevy. The girl’s family calls Boggs a hero, but Boggs himself demurs:

Boggs, meanwhile, said he doesn’t consider himself a hero.

“I’m just a normal person who did a thing that anybody else would do,” he said. Both Boggs and Garcia are heroes for getting involved and helping to rescue the little girl. These days, it’s too easy to remain passive in the face of evil. We are fortunate that we still have young men willing to step up and act in a responsible manner to protect their communities.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Video: Teen saves 5-year-old from abduction « Hot Air

If only there were more teenagers as law biding and civic minded as Boggs and Garcia.

By ED MORRISSEY
July 15,2013

Boggs, a McCaskey freshman who lives in Gable Park Woods, had been hanging out with a friend at nearby Lancaster Arms apartments and helping move a couch when a man came by asking if they'd seen a missing girl.

They hadn't, Boggs said, so they went to watch TV.

A short time later, his friend went outside and saw lots of police officers and people from the neighborhood looking for the girl.

Police said that the girl had been taken that afternoon from the 100 block of Jennings Drive.

Boggs and about six friends joined the search. That’s when, Boggs said, “I had the gut feeling that I was going to find the little girl.”

Lancaster teen Temar Boggs hailed as a hero in 5-year-old's abduction - News

A friend asked Boggs to hold his bike. Boggs figured the bike would help him search for the girl.

So he and another friend, Chris Garcia, rode on area streets — Michelle Drive, St. Phillips Drive, Gable Park Road — looking for her.

That’s when a maroon car caught his eye. (He had gotten a bit ahead of Garcia.)

Police are still looking for the alleged kidnapper. Cops described him as a white man, between 50 and 70 years old, who walks with a limp. The car was described as a red or maroon-purple Chevy. The girl’s family calls Boggs a hero, but Boggs himself demurs:

Boggs, meanwhile, said he doesn’t consider himself a hero.

“I’m just a normal person who did a thing that anybody else would do,” he said. Both Boggs and Garcia are heroes for getting involved and helping to rescue the little girl. These days, it’s too easy to remain passive in the face of evil. We are fortunate that we still have young men willing to step up and act in a responsible manner to protect their communities.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Video: Teen saves 5-year-old from abduction « Hot Air

If only there were more teenagers as law biding and civic minded as Boggs and Garcia.

I thought that only bad things happened in the world. Media must be broken or something.

I thought that only bad things happened in the world. Media must be broken or something.

I'd rather we have 600 posts threads like this than what we see with some of the thread titles these days! Good for this kid, must have good parents!

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom