• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen Fears Honor Killing by Muslim Father

Turbeaux

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An Ohio teenager who secretly converted from Islam to Christianity has fled to Florida because she claims her father threatened her with an "honor killing" for abandoning her Muslim upbringing.

The girl's father has gone to Florida where she sought refuge with a church that she found online. Although the father insists he is not a menace to his daughter, a Florida court has placed the 17-year-old girl in foster care until her claims can be investigated.

Fathima Rifqa Bary, who goes by Rifqa, left home in New Albany, Ohio, last month and hopped on a bus to Orlando to meet with husband and wife pastors Blake and Beverly Lorenz, who she met through a Facebook prayer group for the couple's non-denominational Global Revolution Church.

Lorenz said Rifqa, a native of Sri Lanka, had secretly converted from Islam to Christianity four years ago, but her religion was only discovered recently. Rifqa had snuck out to an area church where, according to Lorenz, she had an "incredible encounter with Jesus."

Lorenz said Rifqa was so moved she posted about it on her Facebook page, writings that would later be seen by her friends from her family's mosque and reported to her father, Mohamed Bary.

"That's when he threatened to kill her for the first time," Lorenz said, adding that he didn't know on how many other occasions that threat had been made.

Lorenz said he fears Rifqa is "definitely not safe." He pointed to other suspected honor killings in Muslim families, including two Texas sisters who were murdered by their Muslim father Jan. 1, 2008, in what some believed to be religion-fueled rage over the girls' Western ways.

"When she saw her dad yesterday, she was scared to death," Blake Lorenz said. "She literally believes she's going to be killed."

Christian Teenager Flees Home, Saying She Fears Muslim Father Will Kill Her - ABC News

Rifqa Bary is a 17-year-old girl who fled to Florida to escape an abusive Muslim family in Ohio out of fear that she would be killed by her father or brother. Per other websites that have much more information, Rifqa has ample reason to fear such a fate. She has been repeatedly and savagely beaten by family members in the past. Reportedly, she lost vision in an eye following one such vicious attack by her brother.

Anyway, Rifqa has converted to Christianity and apostasy is a capital offense under Islam. Thus, under no circumstances should the Florida authorities release her back to her parents in light of all the honor killings that have recently been reported like the four Muslim women the other day found floating in a river in Toronto that were the victims of a family honor killing, and the other honor killings in America in recent months in Texas, Atlanta, and New York.

Other than Jew hating, intimidation, threats of terrorism, and terrorist attacks, here's another example of the excess baggage that goes along with Muslim immigration.

Last edited:
Other than Jew hating, intimidation, threats of terrorism, and terrorist attacks, here's another example of the excess baggage that goes along with Muslim immigration.

This has more to do probably with inherited cultural practices/beliefs and the instability of the father than with Islam.

Christian Teenager Flees Home, Saying She Fears Muslim Father Will Kill Her - ABC News

Rifqa Bary is a 17-year-old girl who fled to Florida to escape an abusive Muslim family in Ohio out of fear that she would be killed by her father or brother. Per other websites that have much more information, Rifqa has ample reason to fear such a fate. She has been repeatedly and savagely beaten by family members in the past. Reportedly, she lost vision in an eye following one such vicious attack by her brother.

Anyway, Rifqa has converted to Christianity and apostasy is a capital offense under Islam. Thus, under no circumstances should the Florida authorities release her back to her parents in light of all the honor killings that have recently been reported like the four Muslim women the other day found floating in a river in Toronto that were the victims of a family honor killing, and the other honor killings in America in recent months in Texas, Atlanta, and New York.

What sort of savage would kill their own daughter over their religion? Or anything for that matter.

Ohio runaway says she fears for life after converting to Christianity - St. Petersburg Times

The pastor's name is Blake Lorenz, he's the leader of a new church called Global Revolution, and here's what he said this week:

"These are the last days, these are the end times, and this conflict between Islam and Christianity is going to grow greater. This conflict between good and evil is going to grow greater."

Also: Apocalyptic Pastor Claims to be Protecting ex-Muslim Teenage Runaway Bartholomew’s Notes on Religion

The girl gives a rather strange interpretation of what an “honour killing” is for; rather than being the remedy for a perceived dishonour suffered by a family, she tells the journalist that to kill her would be an especially ”great honour” because she is the the first Christian in her family for “150 generations” and it would show her family’s love for Allah (Lorenz concurs with a “yes” at 5:03). This seems to me to be a garbled “Christianized” understanding of the phenomenon, making it into something like a human sacrifice. Her claim that Muslim converts to Christianity in Sri Lanka (where Muslims are a minority) are confined to a mental hospital is not one that I have seen reported anywhere else.

I do not think we have the whole story. Looking into the Global Revolution Church lends me to believe there is more misinformation on their end than truth.

This has more to do probably with inherited cultural practices/beliefs and the instability of the father than with Islam.

Instability,,,alongside Islam.:lol: I'll back you on that.:roll:

Last edited:
I am disgusted to think you use a single case of a crazy father to support an idea that the US should discriminate against Muslims. I am OUTRAGED.

[G.R. Nos. 116716-18. September 30, 1996]
PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES, plaintiff-appellee, vs. ANTONIO GABAN Y FROMENTO, accused-appellant.

"Meanwhile, Cristina kept her ordeal to herself. She thought everything would be over. But contrary to Cristina's expectation, her father's lust for her was not to be his last. He molested her again in September and repeated the sexual assault in November 1990. Still Cristina did not divulge these incidents to her mother obviously because of her father's constant threats to kill not only her but also her mother, brother and two younger sisters."

That happened in the Phillipines, so obviously they all want to rape their daughters.

I am disgusted to think you use a single case of a crazy father to support an idea that the US should discriminate against Muslims. I am OUTRAGED.

A single Case? Not a day goes by without a Muslim killing itself for "allah".:lol:

Brain dead....

Last edited:

Just to clarify - this "crazy" muslim father allowed his daughter to become a cheerleader. Does it sound like we are getting the full story about what is really going on?

A single Case? Not a day goes by without a Muslim killing itself for "allah".:lol:

Not a day goes by without a corporate slave killing "itself" for money you ignorant panzy.

Of course we are not getting the whole story, she is a teenager! Regardless, if there is abuse found, she should not be released to the parents.

You may be right, but regardless, that girl needs to be protected from her "loving" family. If social services returns that poor girl to them and she ends up dead, her blood will be on the department's hands and the involved workers, along with the family members responsible for her death, ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. :2mad:

..I'm so shocked. :coffeepap

Nice apologia for Islam. Nevertheless, can you please explain why apostasy and blasphemy in Islam are capital offenses?

I mean under Sharia, if a Muslim leaves Islam or converts to another religion he or she is an "apostate," to be killed. Under Sharia every Muslim has the right to kill such an apostate without any questions asked.

"That's when he threatened to kill her for the first time," Lorenz said, adding that he didn't know on how many other occasions that threat had been made.

Why hasn't the authorities stepped in and stopped the beating and/or take her away?

Like I could care what the hell you think, however, where did you see where I advocated discriminating against Muslims? To the contrary, I am against discrimination, which is why I advocate that Muslim immigration be banned and reversed ASAP altogether.

I mean other than honor killings, genital mutilation, oppression of gays, institutionalized oppression of women, prejudice against all non-Muslims, extreme bigotry against Jews, riots against Israel, riots against Muhammad cartoons, Islamic supremacism, refusal to assimilate and integrate, backwardness, barbarianism, intimidation, constant demands for Islamic Sharia Law, subversion to remove all obstacles to the eventual imposition of Sharia, threats of terrorism, and Islamic terrorist attacks, according to you what do Muslims have to contribute to America that makes all their excess baggage worth it?

Furthermore, if Muslims are so compatible with western pluralism, then can you or anyone else for that matter please point to a single so-called moderate Muslim country anywhere in the Islamic world where the non-Muslims living there are not systematically persecuted and oppressed by so-called moderate Muslims? By the same token, can you point to just one Western country anywhere in the world where the Muslims that immigrated successfully assimilated and integrated into their newly adopted societies? Likewise, can you point to any country where Muslim immigration has occurred that hasn’t inevitably become the victim of terrorist attacks? How about a country that was the victim of Islamic terrorist attacks but has not had Muslim immigration yet?

In addition, what about the cost inherent with Muslim immigration because of all the excess baggage that goes along with Muslim immigration? What other group of immigrants requires nearly the expense to accommodate? What other groups presents nearly so big of a risk to national security? Shouldn’t we tailor our immigration policies to only accept people that we know are going to be an asset to this country and not a detriment? I mean post 9/11 the USA has practically doubled the size of the federal government and federal spending via the creation of the Departments of Homeland Security and the National Intelligence Directorate, we have implemented countless inconvenient security measures, and passed unpopular intrusive legislation like the Patriot Act all to accommodate Muslim immigration and their excess baggage. How much further do you suggest we go?

To the contrary, I am against discrimination, which is why I advocate that Muslim immigration be banned and reversed ASAP altogether.

You say you are against discrimination and then go on to state you wish for only Muslims to be banned
Hmm ...

In addition, what about the cost inherent with Muslim immigration because of all the excess baggage that goes along with Muslim immigration?

What costs?
Muslims in the United States are in the 2nd highest earning bracket as a group and very highly educated ...

I'm sure, Turbeaux, that you can find better stories on honour killings can't you ?

notice this folks:

An Ohio teenager who secretly converted from Islam to Christianity has fled to Florida because she claims her father threatened her with an "honor killing" for abandoning her Muslim upbringing.
Quote:
The girl's father has gone to Florida where she sought refuge with a church that she found online. Although the father insists he is not a menace to his daughter, a Florida court has placed the 17-year-old girl in foster care until her claims can be investigated.

Notice also that she had to find a church online, instead of going straight to her parish to seek protection.

Just saying :doh

Last edited:
You say you are against discrimination and then go on to state you wish for only Muslims to be banned
Hmm ...

It’s kind of hard to discriminate against people if they are not present to begin with.

What costs?

Try the 9/11 terrorist attacks for one. That one alone cost this country in excess of $1.5 trillion dollars or about the same as the GDP of the UK. Not to mention that post 9/11, the USA has practically doubled the size of the federal government and federal spending via the Departments of Homeland Security and the National Intelligence Directorate, we have implemented countless inconvenient security measures, and passed unpopular intrusive legislation like the Patriot Act all to accommodate Muslim immigration and their excess baggage. How much more do you advocate we spend?

Hell, our CIA claims that the Muslims living in the UK represents the single greatest threat for terrorist attacks targeting Americans after Pakistan and as a consequence is dedicating approximately 40 percent of their resources to monitoring Muslims living in the UK alone according to one report that I read not too long ago.

Muslims in the United States are in the 2nd highest earning bracket as a group and very highly educated ...

Link??? That’s a crock of crap as Muslim Brotherhood affiliated organizations that pretend to be Muslim civil rights groups like CAIR, ISNA, ICNA, MAS, MSA, etc., etc., etc., have been inflating the number of Muslims living in America for years by claiming that there are in excess of 7 million Muslims living in America when in reality there is only approximately 2.5 million and while also over-inflating their contribution to America, and unfortunately there have been a lot of leftwing useful idiot editors in America gullible and naïve enough to swallow their tripe!

The reality is most of the Muslim Somali refugees living in America are on the public dole. That is when they aren’t returning to Somalia for jihad.

I admire the girl's bravery. What an incredibly courageous thing for a young girl in her position to do. She turned her back on Islam even with the fear of death as a punishment looming.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
- Maya Angelou

May she stay strong and be safe.

The investigation has just begun. Nobody has been so much as charged, much less convicted. The facts of the case need to be uncovered before an judgment can be delivered. Holding the girl is a good precaution, but its only a temporary state.

Saying that all Muslims are radicals that take every page in the Koran seriously is just not true. Many Muslims are productive members of society. They DO integrate, and they are kind people. Blaming an entire religion for the actions of one person is just not right.

Also, I do hope that that Teenager is safe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom