• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Ted] Stevens killed in crash near Dillingham

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Dave Dittman, a former aide and longtime family friend of former Sen. Ted Stevens, says Stevens was killed in a plane crash near Dillingham Monday night. Dittman says he received a call overnight Monday that said the former senator was dead. Nine people were on board, including former NASA Chief Sean O'Keefe. Five people were killed in the crash, but other identities were not known, nor are the conditions of the survivors.

Stevens was a posterboy for the ideological war between the right and left in America. However, whether you supported him or not, nobody deserves to die like this.

Senator Stevens - When I finally get to heaven, I hope to see you and Paul Wellstone both there, shaking hands, and maybe having a beer together. God bless.

Article is here

Last edited:
Former Senator Stevens Dies in Plane Crash

Former Senator Stevens from Alaska died today in a plane crash in Alaska. Thoughts go out to his family.

Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator in U.S. history, died in a plane crash Tuesday, Alaska Public Radio and the Associated Press reported. He was 86.

Five people were killed in the crash in a remote part of southern Alaska, according to federal officials. There had been nine people on board.

Ex-Alaska Senator Stevens Killed In Plane Crash : NPR

Re: Former Senator Stevens Dies in Plane Crash

He's part of the same bureaucratically corrupt Washington establishment that Kennedy, Bird and Thurmond were from. Good riddance.

He'll probably be best known for his bridge to nowhere... what a legacy.

He'll probably be best known for his bridge to nowhere... what a legacy.

Nobody will remember or care about the bridge to nowhere when we're still calling the internet "the tubes". That will without a doubt be his greatest legacy.

Last edited:

That maybe true, but still sad to hear about his deaths.

My prayers and sympathies are with his family and friends. Rest in Peace senator Stevens. Thank you for serving our country and the people of Alaska.

Nobody will remember or care about the bridge to nowhere when we're still calling the internet "the tubes". That will without a doubt be his greatest legacy.

I had to look that up actually - I wasn't aware of Steven's calling the internet a "series of tubes"...

Ted kind of became a symbol of what went wrong with the Republican party.

I'm sure he will be missed by his family, but he lived a long and distinguished life - may we all be so fortunate.

Extremely sad, and incredibly ironic that he survived a plane crash that killed his wife 30 years ago only to die in another plane crash.

R.I.P.

Stevens was a posterboy for the ideological war between the right and left in America. However, whether you supported him or not, nobody deserves to die like this.

Senator Stevens - When I finally get to heaven, I hope to see you and Paul Wellstone both there, shaking hands, and maybe having a beer together. God bless.

Article is here
I totally agree. I think Sen. Probably did much for his state of Alaska. RIP Senator Stevens.

I feel more sad that a 16 year old died in the crash than a man in his late 80s. The dude lived a full life. If only we could all be so lucky.

He's part of the same bureaucratically corrupt Washington establishment that Kennedy, Bird and Thurmond were from. Good riddance.

If you don't like a politician you can wish him not to be in a position of power.
In this case this was not a departure from the position of power since this guy was not even a senator anymore, it was a departure from life, so why the good riddance?

R.I.P anyway.

He was a great Senator who did a lot of good for AK.

another crook who deserves no tribute

Despite politics, we must revere our public servants.

R.I.P Senator, best of luck whatever happens next

Back
Top Bottom