• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Nugent: I Might Run for President

We had a pro wrestler as governor of Minnesota and a B movie actor as President of the U.S. Why not a crazy guitar player?

He's not going to be the GOP candidate. I guess you will have to find another person to hate

He is a fair representation of those on the right. I say run his ass out there. I would love to see a Palin Nugent ticket. SNL would rock. (No pun intended)

yeah those two war heroes obama and biden are upset over that.

McCain was a war hero-I bet that meant nothing to you in 2008

And then he became a senator and turned his back on his fellow vets.

For the record, Obama didn't avoid the draft. He was too young to go to Vietnam. Would he have, who knows? But he didn't.

Be careful now. Using facts here is not allowed.

For me it isn't one party's draft dodgers are 'better' than the others. It is the 'conservative' dodgers seem to more frequently engage in warrior-speak once they are safely beyond military age. Many 'conservatives' love demagoging the other party as soft on ________, surrender monkeys, fearful of whatever- guns, fights, fast moving zombies- when they themselves had 'other priorities' when their turn to 'defend freedom' (they love to call fighting for oil, and corporate market share defending freedom now that they don't have to stand up rush the enemy trench) came up.

Now graying, balding, gain a gut they rant in most blood thirsty terms about what they would do 'IF'.... when facts are they never did and most likely never will.

I don't think Ted was a drug addict, more like a jailbait sex addict, 'get 'em young before they know what good is' :shock:

He is a fair representation of those on the right. I say run his ass out there. I would love to see a Palin Nugent ticket. SNL would rock. (No pun intended)

Will he be shooting his guns at his political rallies as he does in concert? Or make not so veiled threats against the POTUSA that no Dem could have made to the co-POTUSs last decade? He's good at shooting off his mouth. Please being him into the GOP circus tent.

Be careful now. Using facts here is not allowed.
well given no one claimed obama DODGED the draft it was a non-relevant comment

Bush Cheney. Nuff said.

Bush didnt dodge the draft. flying airplanes was more dangerous than what Kerry intended to do. It was only after he signed up did he find out that he would be in danger's way

that's like saying Cold Cash Jefferson or the drug addicted Kennedy second generation is a fair representation of the democrat party

I suggest you check the voting record of each regarding veteran's issues.

I did. you think that spending more and more tax payer dollars is the solution for everything. Kerry called his fellow veterans war criminals etc. I guess to you that counts as helping them out

Wrong. Bush was in the military.

Right! However they couldn't seem to locate him for a year. When I was in, that would be UA for a day, AWOL for a week and Deserter in a time of war during a war. Not to worry, ol' GWBush was takin' care o' numero uno. He signed a official document that he would not go to Vietnam. Perplexing, no? After a million dollars of training in those fine fighters, he ain't gonna fight. Ted Nugent at least admits to being a cowardly, foul smelling draft dodger and I give him great credit for that.

Why not? Although I think a comedian might be a better candidate...like maybe Stephen Colbert, Lewis black, or D.L. Hughley.

They couldn't hurt, and maybe we'd get more laughs out of our government's shennanigans. Ya think? :lol: :lol: :peace

I don't have a problem with an entertainer in general. Ronald Reagan was one, after all and he was a pretty decent President all things considered. I'm not thrilled with the Nuge in particular...

Colbert's only funny when he's playing the "Stephen Colbert" character. I can't imagine that you could be an effective President if you're being sarcastic all the time.

Wrong. Bush was in the military.

Which Bush? HW was in WWII, no doubting that. W used his dad's connections to get into the National Guard instead of going to 'Nam.

Right! However they couldn't seem to locate him for a year. When I was in, that would be UA for a day, AWOL for a week and Deserter in a time of war during a war. Not to worry, ol' GWBush was takin' care o' numero uno. He signed a official document that he would not go to Vietnam. Perplexing, no? After a million dollars of training in those fine fighters, he ain't gonna fight. Ted Nugent at least admits to being a cowardly, foul smelling draft dodger and I give him great credit for that.

more leftist myths. Kerry didn't want to fight either and he used three band aids to get out as fast as he could

Ask Dean Paul Martin about flying jets. why did you change your lean to conservative?

I don't have a problem with an entertainer in general. Ronald Reagan was one, after all and he was a pretty decent President all things considered. I'm not thrilled with the Nuge in particular...

Colbert's only funny when he's playing the "Stephen Colbert" character. I can't imagine that you could be an effective President if you're being sarcastic all the time.

Ummmmm....my post was facetious, not meant to be taken literally. ;)

Bush didnt dodge the draft. flying airplanes was more dangerous than what Kerry intended to do. It was only after he signed up did he find out that he would be in danger's way

Are you ****ing kidding me? Flying NG airplanes in the US is more dangerous than the swift boats in Nam? You've clearly outdone yourself.:roll:

more leftist myths. Kerry didn't want to fight either

show me a soldier in Viet Nam that wouldn't have happily traded Dubya or Cheney any day?

Honestly, you really are embarrassing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom