• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Kneeler is Forced Out of his Own Home Due to BLM/Antifa Protestors

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
(Reuters) - Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler said he planned to move out of his apartment after repeated protests outside his building demanding he resign over his handling of months of anti-racism protests in the Oregon city, according to a report.In a Tuesday email, Wheeler told residents of the building in downtown Portland it would be best for their safety if he found a new home, The Oregonian newspaper reported on its website.

“I want to express my sincere apologies for the damage to our home and the fear that you are experiencing due to my position,” Wheeler wrote, according to a screenshot of the email sent to The Oregonian. Wheeler's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Portland has seen over 90 days of protests calling for policing and social justice reforms since the killing of George Floyd, a 46-year-old Black man, by police in Minneapolis on May 25. Demonstrators have gathered outside Wheeler’s building calling for him to step down over police violence, including the use of tear gas against demonstrators.

Portland mayor to leave home targeted by protesters

So Portland mayor Ted Kneeler is forced out of his home, because a black guy was killed in Minneapolis 3 months ago. This is the New Left people. You cannot make a single concession to anarchists and communists, as they will end up devouring everything you value. Mayor Kneeler tried to find common ground with BLM and Antifa street terrorists, and learned the hard way that there is none. Liberals who've mistakenly believed that Antifa are just interested in ending fascism will find themselves ended eventually.

Again, Portland... a case study in what not to do with a city.

Again, Portland... a case study in what not to do with a city.

Moderate Democrats used to say the same thing about California. 'Oh well, it's only California, I live in another state'.
Now its 'oh well, it's only California, NY, Portland, and Seattle, I live in a different city/state'.

They seem to think that as long as the extremism doesn't effect them, there's no harm in casually offering support to the extremists.

So Portland mayor Ted Kneeler is forced out of his home, because a black guy was killed in Minneapolis 3 months ago. This is the New Left people. You cannot make a single concession to anarchists and communists, as they will end up devouring everything you value. Mayor Kneeler tried to find common ground with BLM and Antifa street terrorists, and learned the hard way that there is none. Liberals who've mistakenly believed that Antifa are just interested in ending fascism will find themselves ended eventually.

He made the right decision. Republicans would have a field day if he tried to hire security or close off the street like Lori Lightfoot did. He would risk being cast as an authoritarian, and that isn't what any Democrat wants right now.

Moderate Democrats used to say the same thing about California. 'Oh well, it's only California, I live in another state'.
Now its 'oh well, it's only California, NY, Portland, and Seattle, I live in a different city/state'.

They seem to think that as long as the extremism doesn't effect them, there's no harm in casually offering support to the extremists.

have you ever been out of California?

He made the right decision. Republicans would have a field day if he tried to hire security or close off the street like Lori Lightfoot did. He would risk being cast as an authoritarian, and that isn't what any Democrat wants right now.

Well yeah. He’s supposed to have the cops break skulls on behalf of the entire city.

Controversial opinion, people who start fires in occupied buildings should be shot

Well yeah. He’s supposed to have the cops break skulls on behalf of the entire city.

Controversial opinion, people who start fires in occupied buildings should be shot

Better opinion. The issues which cause mass protests should be addressed before they reach the level of violence and arson.

Yes. DP's Liberals used to say they didn't believe I actually lived in California. Now they think I've never left California?

I am not a liberal, I doubt you have ever been to NYC.

It was the greatest city on earth until Trump became president.

I am not a liberal, I doubt you have ever been to NYC.

It was the greatest city on earth until Trump became president.

Oh really? So the exodus from NYC started in 2017 when Trump took office, or did it start after NY's Dems passed no-bail laws, and turned NY into SF east?

Oh really? So the exodus from NYC started in 2017 when Trump took office, or did it start after NY's Dems passed no-bail laws, and turned NY into SF east?

We had our first unrest the first weekend after his election. It has snowballed since then.

I knew you had never been here.

If he was worried about their safety why didnt he have the ofdenders arrested? Arm up people and keep em clean.

We had our first unrest the first weekend after his election. It has snowballed since then.

Oh, you mean that left wingers ruined NYC by constantly creating unrest over not being able to accept the outcome of an election. I see what you're saying now.

Sadly, Mr. Floyd's tragic death is getting lost in all this hatred. Instead of pointing fingers, why don't we (general) sit down and have a talk?

If he was worried about their safety why didnt he have the ofdenders arrested? Arm up people and keep em clean.

When you've spent 3 years telling your constituents that Trump is the biggest threat to their safety, it would be an admission of defeat to have to call in armed removal of that left wing mob outside their window.

The irony of a Codreanu fanboy whining about “supporting extremism” is ****ing hilarious.

Do you have any concept of the ridiculous implications of your post? Like, you say it's the right move if he had gotten security to protect his own place just because Republicans would have a field day with it. Why? Why would Republicans have a field day with it? Is it possibly because he was willing to let that **** happen to everyone else but not to his own place, like Lightfoot did? Do you not recognize the utter hypocrisy that is present here?

Nah...it's just because Republicans would take advantage right? There is totally no principles involved here...

6a4cad6a3a0759ac3f254726cd978902231f1c053ead0cfcf2549d8eae84f336.jpg

When you fan the flames and excuse and justify the violent leftist ****heads for months, you look really stupid pissing yourself and whining when they come for you

Better opinion. The issues which cause mass protests should be addressed before they reach the level of violence and arson.

No. There is no legitimate cause for these riots. Their demands are fringe and unreasonable. These are the dregs and malcontents of society, they literally cheered at the assasination of a political foe. They also reject the legitimacy of the governing system meaning they cannot be counted on to abide to any settlement.

King Louis XVI did nothing but concede to radical Paris mobs for 5 years and they still took his head off for his troubles.

I say box them in and gas them until they surrender then prison sentences and maybe they’ll get pardoned if they publicly renounce violence

Yes, it's Trump's fault he won the elections and the left decided they didn't like democracy and started being violent. That totally makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom