• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz or Bust

Trump's campaign produced two slates both were full of errors from wrong names, wrong numbers. One slate had names of Cruz supporters on it and had to be removed. There was a huge screen at the convention with all the candidates slates listed. If someone's name was misspelled or their number was incorrect a Trump delegate would have made it known so that it could be corrected.

What you are suggesting is part of the Trumpaganda that is being pushed purposely starting with Trump himself as cover for his feckless campaign operations. He has been whining all over TV and at his campaign rallies getting his supporters all worked up and now it has gotten really ugly as there's a group that have gone to social media that have posted the pictures, names, addresses, and phone numbers of Colorado GOP leadership calling for them to be harassed. Steve House the GOP chair has reported death threats.

A pattern of Trump behavior has emerged since the beginning of this primary. If he loses a race his response is to accuse the Cruz campaign of dirty tricks. Every time Cruz has a big victory, Trump starts some ****.

Amazing, Cruz went to the convention and spoke in person. Kasich sent John Sununu on his behalf. Trump sent no one.

So what's the answer to what I asked you?
I'll make it even broader.
If any of what has been claimed by Trump or any of his people turn out to be true what would you say?
Do you know who posted "We did it. #NeverTrump." from the State GOP Twitter account?

So what's the answer to what I asked you?
I'll make it even broader.
If any of what has been claimed by Trump or any of his people turn out to be true what would you say?
Do you know who posted "We did it. #NeverTrump." from the State GOP Twitter account?
One tweet by one person and lo and behold a conspiracy is born and the Trumpaganda Train leaves the station. Sorta like Cruz's NY values statement made in reference to a Trump interview where Trump laid NY values out in a Tim Russert interview has now become Ted Cruz hates New Yorkers. Or what about the whole birther thing where Ted Cruz isn't qualified to be president because his mother gave birth to him in Canada. Or what about the conspiracy based on a meme some anti-Trump super pac created on facebook of a picture of an unclothed Melania where it was spinned to sound like it was an ad running 24/7 throughout Utah and it caused Trump to lose the Mormon vote and lose the election. And then he convinced all the Trumpbots that Ted Cruz was behind it. He went station hopping giving one interview after another accusing Cruz of breaking election laws with no proof. You see all Trump has to do is make the allegations and the Trumpaganda is born. And he never produces any proof to back his allegations. I think Trump and those associated with his campaign who promote his Trumpaganda should receive the Goebbels Award.

One tweet by one person and lo and behold a conspiracy is born and the Trumpaganda Train leaves the station. Sorta like Cruz's NY values statement made in reference to a Trump interview where Trump laid NY values out in a Tim Russert interview has now become Ted Cruz hates New Yorkers. Or what about the whole birther thing where Ted Cruz isn't qualified to be president because his mother gave birth to him in Canada. Or what about the conspiracy based on a meme some anti-Trump super pac created on facebook of a picture of an unclothed Melania where it was spinned to sound like it was an ad running 24/7 throughout Utah and it caused Trump to lose the Mormon vote and lose the election. And then he convinced all the Trumpbots that Ted Cruz was behind it. He went station hopping giving one interview after another accusing Cruz of breaking election laws with no proof. You see all Trump has to do is make the allegations and the Trumpaganda is born. And he never produces any proof to back his allegations. I think Trump and those associated with his campaign who promote his Trumpaganda should receive the Goebbels Award.

Tunnel vision much?

Tunnel vision much?

No Bubba not tunnel vision.
The Trumpaganda about Colorado rigging their caucus is being spewed by Trump and his minions to cover his campaign's incompetency. You can't expect to win a delegate count when you do not put in the resources and a solid ground team that understands the rules in the state you are competing.

There's a story out today that makes it crystal clear how incompetent Trump's campaign is and how it is costing them the delegate game. Each state has a deadline and specific rules in regard to a campaign submitting a slate of delegates. The Trump campaign has missed several of these deadlines which has allowed Cruz to put in place delegates that are his strong supporters. It happened in VA, SC, LA, AK, and elsewhere. These are all states Trump has won and the delegates most likely will be bound to vote for him on the first ballot. But at a contested convention on a second vote many will go to Cruz.

Trump misses delegate deadlines - The Sun Chronicle : Nation World

Trump's campaign incompetency will be on full display today as Indiana choses their congressional delegates. Unfortunately for Trump, he did not meet the deadline and submit a slate of delegates so the names they will be selecting from will not be representative of Trump. All these delegates will be bound to vote for whatever candidate wins the district they represent on the first vote but if it goes to a second they will go for their candidate of choice. It appears Cruz is poised to do very well in today's selection.

Another example is Washington State. Trump's campaign sent out emails to potential delegates in Washington State on April 8. The deadline for delegates to register was April 6. Two days late and a dollar short. Trump's slate of delegates will not be printed on the first ballot because they missed the deadline. You see he has already handicapped himself in Washington.

Trump Delegate Email Goes Out Two Days Late

So to continue to hide his incompetent campaign, when he keeps telling us he hires the best and brightest, the Trumpaganda will continue with the mantra that the system is rigged against him.

Last edited:
No Bubba not tunnel vision.
The Trumpaganda about Colorado rigging their caucus is being spewed by Trump and his minions to cover his campaign's incompetency. You can't expect to win a delegate count when you do not put in the resources and a solid ground team that understands the rules in the state you are competing.

There's a story out today that makes it crystal clear how incompetent Trump's campaign is and how it is costing them the delegate game. Each state has a deadline and specific rules in regard to a campaign submitting a slate of delegates. The Trump campaign has missed several of these deadlines which has allowed Cruz to put in place delegates that are his strong supporters. It happened in VA, SC, LA, AK, and elsewhere. These are all states Trump has won and the delegates most likely will be bound to vote for him on the first ballot. But at a contested convention on a second vote many will go to Cruz.

Trump misses delegate deadlines - The Sun Chronicle : Nation World

Trump's campaign incompetency will be on full display today as Indiana choses their congressional delegates. Unfortunately for Trump, he did not meet the deadline and submit a slate of delegates so the names they will be selecting from will not be representative of Trump. All these delegates will be bound to vote for whatever candidate wins the district they represent on the first vote but if it goes to a second they will go for their candidate of choice. It appears Cruz is poised to do very well in today's selection.

Another example is Washington State. Trump's campaign sent out emails to potential delegates in Washington State on April 8. The deadline for delegates to register was April 6. Two days late and a dollar short. Trump's slate of delegates will not be printed on the first ballot because they missed the deadline. You see he has already handicapped himself in Washington.

Trump Delegate Email Goes Out Two Days Late

So to continue to hide his incompetent campaign, when he keeps telling us he hires the best and brightest, the Trumpaganda will continue with the mantra that the system is rigged against him.

I'm not arguing any of that.
Cruz took advantage of ridiculous new Colorado rules that Trump should have been alert to.
That's one example.
I said up front that Trump's team, if you can call it that, was no match for what Cruz has going.
Cruz is the politician with experience running for office.
Trump is the businessman with no experience running for office.

BUT ... I've also said I have problems with all 3 of the remaining candidates.
My problem with Cruz, besides that melodramatic, grating, speaking style, is that he tends to misrepresent what people have said.
And he's a creepy dude.
Like ... he said Trump will get rid of the 2nd Amendment, leave NATO, that Trump voters are disengaged and relatively low information, ...
That's the kind of stuff you'd expect, and will get, from the Hillary side.

I've also said I'd vote for him over Hillary or Bernie, but he's still a creepy dude.

I'm not arguing any of that.
Cruz took advantage of ridiculous new Colorado rules that Trump should have been alert to.
That's one example.
I said up front that Trump's team, if you can call it that, was no match for what Cruz has going.
Cruz is the politician with experience running for office.
Trump is the businessman with no experience running for office.

BUT ... I've also said I have problems with all 3 of the remaining candidates.
My problem with Cruz, besides that melodramatic, grating, speaking style, is that he tends to misrepresent what people have said.
And he's a creepy dude.
Like ... he said Trump will get rid of the 2nd Amendment, leave NATO, that Trump voters are disengaged and relatively low information, ...
That's the kind of stuff you'd expect, and will get, from the Hillary side.

I've also said I'd vote for him over Hillary or Bernie, but he's still a creepy dude.
I don't see him as creepy. Some of his Shakespearian style of speaking can turn people off. I pick a candidate for their intellect, constitutional first principles they hold and a history of upholding those principles.
I just read more bad news for Trump. Apparently he is just now seeking real estate to set up offices in California. Cruz's team has been there for 8 months. It took Cruz's team 6 months to prepare a slate of delegates for each district also submitting an alternative slate. Apparently Trump hasn't started on the process and now has less than 30 days to submit his slates.
I think Trump is going to have a couple good weeks in the East while hoping he can be kept under the 50% mark. I thought Kasich would have played better in the NE being a moderate and establishment.

Edit- Just a note, Marco Rubio did his first interview since he left the race on Mark Levin TV. He explained about his delegates will be bound to vote for him first vote but hopes they will vote for Cruz the second vote.

Last edited:
I don't see him as creepy. Some of his Shakespearian style of speaking can turn people off. I pick a candidate for their intellect, constitutional first principles they hold and a history of upholding those principles.
I just read more bad news for Trump. Apparently he is just now seeking real estate to set up offices in California. Cruz's team has been there for 8 months. It took Cruz's team 6 months to prepare a slate of delegates for each district also submitting an alternative slate. Apparently Trump hasn't started on the process and now has less than 30 days to submit his slates.
I think Trump is going to have a couple good weeks in the East while hoping he can be kept under the 50% mark. I thought Kasich would have played better in the NE being a moderate and establishment.

Edit- Just a note, Marco Rubio did his first interview since he left the race on Mark Levin TV. He explained about his delegates will be bound to vote for him first vote but hopes they will vote for Cruz the second vote.

Cruz is smart and talented no question, and overall I can live with his positions. But I get a bad vibe from what you might call his ethics or moral compass skirting close to the edge.
Like this story ...
Cruz email asks for $35 to be ‘top deputy delegate’
Yeah, it's silly but it's meant to appeal to dim bulbs but I'm not the only one who gets creeped out by stuff like that.

As for Trump, there's also no question that he's at a disadvantage given the size and lack of experience of his team and some of the moves he's made in places like CO.
But he's trying to make the most of that situation now by portraying himself as an outsider even more than he had been.

So you're not telling me anything I didn't know about either of them, perhaps I just see Cruz in a somewhat different light than you do.

I guess you do not understand the details of the issue either....... Still think it's funny?
Of course I do as it is you who does not understand.

You saying he was wrong but saying the same thing he said is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom