• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz or Bust

They are indeed - they are the rules for the GOP convention, as well as the rules governing each state delegation. They can be found on the websites of those organizations.

Is That so.............what you MAY be looking at are LAST YEARS rules..........

This years rule have yet to be written and submitted to the Convention for approval.....

As for the states.......they all have differing rules.........

For example..........

A pledged delegate can say he/she voted for who they were pledge to on the first ballot.........but if they chose not to sign the vote form..........what ever they said about voting for whoever does not count.............No rules against that

Is That so.............what you MAY be looking at are LAST YEARS rules..........

The rules that are currently on the book are the current rules.

This years rule have yet to be written and submitted to the Convention for approval.....

You seem to be confused. Delegate selection are run out of the State parties, and are not subject to the Convention rules committee.

As for the states.......they all have differing rules.

That is correct, they do. That's why a competent campaign will have someone dedicated to mastering each states' rules, and figuring out how to leverage them if a contested convention becomes a possibility.

For example, Reagan tried this strategy against Ford in 1976, and Paul tried it against Romney in 2012.

A pledged delegate can say he/she voted for who they were pledge to on the first ballot.........but if they chose not to sign the vote form..........what ever they said about voting for whoever does not count.............No rules against that

No one can force them to vote, that is true. It's in the rules that they are bound on the first delegate, but if they are "in the bathroom" during that vote, I don't think there is any punitive action proscribed. If the delegates decide en masse that they won't vote for Trump on the first ballot.... well, they'll just drink a lot of water. :)

The rules for each convention are decided upon right before the convention. Sometimes they adopt the previous convention rules en toto, sometimes changes are made. For instance, the must have won at least eight states rule adopted to stop Paul will probably not be adopted this convention. Leaving the RNC bigwigs free to select whomever they wish on the second and third ballots. If things get that far, this is when Lyin Ted will find out what a ****ty bargain he made selling out.

The rules for state conventions and caucuses are generally decided the years before the primaries.

WRONG.........

The Rules Committee meets one week before the start of the convention.........and write the rules for this years convention to be submitted for approval of the delegates to the Convention......

The rules that are currently on the book are the current rules.

You seem to be confused. Delegate selection are run out of the State parties, and are not subject to the Convention rules committee.

That is correct, they do. That's why a competent campaign will have someone dedicated to mastering each states' rules, and figuring out how to leverage them if a contested convention becomes a possibility.

For example, Reagan tried this strategy against Ford in 1976, and Paul tried it against Romney in 2012.

No one can force them to vote, that is true. It's in the rules that they are bound on the first delegate, but if they are "in the bathroom" during that vote, I don't think there is any punitive action proscribed. If the delegates decide en masse that they won't vote for Trump on the first ballot.... well, they'll just drink a lot of water. :)

Go play with yourself.........you speak of what you do not know..........

Leave me alone with your sillness, Please

Except, despite his persona I'd have been willing to vote for the guy if he took the nomination, said that from the start. But now that he's proven himself to be a sellout, added to the creep factor and I'd never vote for him.

Cruz is a sellout? :lamo
Why because he has managed to align Republicans of all stripes and Independents around him and did it without wavering on his positions? This past election in Wisconsin showed his success in his huge victory. Out of all those who voted, less than 60% were registered Republicans. He has actually put Wisconsin into play for the general. The GOP has not carried Wisconsin since the 1980's. And that goes for several other states Hillary has lost in this primary including Iowa.

Curious, are you ready to label Trump a sellout over his day trips to DC meetings with Republicans on the Hill? You know those same Congress critters that created this rage in the Republican party in the first place for selling out their constituients? Hmmm?

Ted Cruz, the Texanadian, is on a roll. But if he wins the presidency, I'm moving...from my favorite chair to my other favorite chair. :lol: Then I'm gonna watch the TV show, "The Presidential Adventures of Ted Cruz".

The first episode is where he saves the Constitution.

The second episode is where he saves the government by ensuring that the Supreme Court officially becomes a part of the Republican Conservative Majority Congress.

Then the next episode is where he save taxpayers tons of money when he rents enough buses to deport 12 million illegal immigrants back to Mexico, and wherever else they come from.

And then the following episode is where he uses all of the welfare money being used by illegal immigrants will be used to rebuild our military to be the most powerful on earth.

And then the next episode he'll get ObamaCare trashed and replaces it with new Bankruptcy and Funeral Insurance plans.

And the list goes on and on, but one of the biggest and bestest episode will be where Cruz will restore this nation to be the Christian nation it was meant be and he orders his personal military to rid this nation of all of the non-christian infidels who will be executed using nothing but a dull butter knife to behead them.
:ind:

:2party:

Go play with yourself.........you speak of what you do not know..........

Leave me alone with your sillness, Please
.... You have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

They are indeed - they are the rules for the GOP convention, as well as the rules governing each state delegation. They can be found on the websites of those organizations.

There seems to be a lot of ignorance with Trump supporters and Trump himself on how the delegate game works. I read Trump has been letting go his paid staff in each state after a primary. How does he plan to build and protect his delegate count without paid staff working in each state? How is planning on winning a general if he should be the nominee without paid staff helping to make it possible in each state? In every state that Trump has won, Cruz's team in each state have been meeting with delegates, making the case for Cruz and have managed to pickup a 100+ delegates that have promised to vote for Cruz on a second vote once they become unbound. This takes a lot of manpower to perform such an operation plus it is expensive maintaining housing and food for all the workers in each state. Evidently Trump doesn't have any workers in these states. Yet the first thing out of the mouth of a Trump supporter or Trump himself is "Lyin Ted is stealing my delegates".

Starting last week Colorado began selecting their congressional delegates. Cruz swept the first two districts and last night swept the third. That's nine more delegates that have signed and sworn they will be voting for Cruz. The rest will vote tomorrow. The party leadership said Trump and Kasich campaigns have been missing in action. Same thing happened in ND last weekend. Trump campaign sent Dr. Carson to represent Trump. Cruz personally went and spoke at their convention. Cruz ended up with all 10 delegates promised to him and the other 18 most have already said they will be supporting Cruz in a week when they finalize their delegate process. More good news out of PA. Last week Cruz won the GOP Leadership Conference straw poll by a landslide. PA's primary is all window dressing. They give out a small portion of delegates to the winner but in a loophole primary they disperse the rest of the 71 delegates which act as free agents. If the GOP leadership overwhelmingly chose Cruz, chances are those free agents will have a lot of Cruz support among them not to mention Cruz's team is already shoring up delegates in PA. It takes a team of dedicated people who believe in their candidate to work tirelessly for him often living in tight quarters and less than comfortable conditions. And in the recent polls Cruz is in single digits trailing Trump in PA closing the gap and Kasich who was expected to win PA is in a distant third. Been a good couple of weeks for Cruz.

Ted Cruz, the Texanadian, is on a roll. But if he wins the presidency, I'm moving...from my favorite chair to my other favorite chair. :lol: Then I'm gonna watch the TV show, "The Presidential Adventures of Ted Cruz".

The second episode is where he saves the government by ensuring that the Supreme Court officially becomes a part of the Republican Conservative Majority Congress.

Then the next episode is where he save taxpayers tons of money when he rents enough buses to deport 12 million illegal immigrants back to Mexico, and wherever else they come from.

And then the following episode is where he uses all of the welfare money being used by illegal immigrants will be used to rebuild our military to be the most powerful on earth.

And then the next episode he'll get ObamaCare trashed and replaces it with new Bankruptcy and Funeral Insurance plans.

And the list goes on and on, but one of the biggest and bestest episode will be where Cruz will restore this nation to be the Christian nation it was meant be and he orders his personal military to rid this nation of all of the non-christian infidels who will be executed using nothing but a dull butter knife to behead them.

As a Canadian I humbly ask on behalf of my countrymen that you make no further reference to Cruz having been born on Canadian soil. It is a mistake we would like to forget.

And since he has renounced his Canadian citizenship I figure its more honest. The man's ideology is decidedly un-Canadian, even the Conservatives here dislike him.

So I am afraid you're stuck with him and his sole US citizenship.

I'm still hoping for a contested convention where the delegates are all packing heat. Talk about great TV!

Evening Removable Mind, hope all is well with you.
So you're not a Cruz fan. :)
I'll tell you why I am.
My liberty/freedom is most precious to me. I have seen judicial activism, congress critters sell my liberties down the river for special interests, and presidents abuse their powers with executive orders stifling those liberties. I think I may be more sensitive to this issue because I come from grandparents who fled oppression in Eastern Europe. I know firsthand from those who experienced life with no liberty/freedom. I do believe today there are so many who take such rights for granted that they often have no clue when they are being stolen from them.

I know you are a Texan but are you aware how many times Cruz has defended your state rights and the rights of the entire U.S. before the Supreme Court? From First Amendment, Second Amendment, issues involving state sovereignty and 10 Amendment rights to national sovereignty before the Supreme Court? He fought and won a landmark ruling for U.S. sovereignty in Medellin v. Texas at the U.S. Supreme Court against 90 foreign nations and the President to ensure the supremacy of U.S. legal system against encroachment by international treaties and rulings of the “World Court.” It was Cruz defending our sovereignty as a nation on one side and George W. Bush another Texan sitting with the United Nations on the other side. How sad is that that a sitting president would side with the UN. I don't think too many people know about that case and they should. He led 31 states in District of Columbia v. Heller where the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a ban on firearms in a 5-4 landmark decision. The guy has been defending the Constitution all his adult life. He gets elected senator of Texas and goes to Washington, calls the left out and also calls the sellouts in his own party who are beholden to special interests. Damn this guy doesn't care if you are a Republican or Democrat, he cares about the Constitution.

His stand on the 10th amendment is so refreshing to me as I haven't seen that out of a Republican candidate in decades. When someone stands so strongly for the 10th amendment as Cruz does, that automatically cuts the over-reach of the federal government on states. You know from his views on marriage, education to marijuana he sees it as states rights not judicial activism, Congress or a overbearing Commander and Chief to force states to comply.

As far as your snark on religion. You may be interested to know today a Jewish conference is being held in Nevada. Out of all the candidates Cruz along with Governor Walker are attending. Trump and Kasich were also invited but expressed a conflict of scheduling yet I couldn't find anything pressing on either of their agendas today. Cruz isn't running for pastor and chief for the Christians in this country, but rather a defender of religious liberties.

Cheers!

Evening Removable Mind, hope all is well with you.
So you're not a Cruz fan. :)
I'll tell you why I am.
My liberty/freedom is most precious to me. I have seen judicial activism, congress critters sell my liberties down the river for special interests, and presidents abuse their powers with executive orders stifling those liberties. I think I may be more sensitive to this issue because I come from grandparents who fled oppression in Eastern Europe. I know firsthand from those who experienced life with no liberty/freedom. I do believe today there are so many who take such rights for granted that they often have no clue when they are being stolen from them.

I know you are a Texan but are you aware how many times Cruz has defended your state rights and the rights of the entire U.S. before the Supreme Court? From First Amendment, Second Amendment, issues involving state sovereignty and 10 Amendment rights to national sovereignty before the Supreme Court? He fought and won a landmark ruling for U.S. sovereignty in Medellin v. Texas at the U.S. Supreme Court against 90 foreign nations and the President to ensure the supremacy of U.S. legal system against encroachment by international treaties and rulings of the “World Court.” It was Cruz defending our sovereignty as a nation on one side and George W. Bush another Texan sitting with the United Nations on the other side. How sad is that that a sitting president would side with the UN. I don't think too many people know about that case and they should. He led 31 states in District of Columbia v. Heller where the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a ban on firearms in a 5-4 landmark decision. The guy has been defending the Constitution all his adult life. He gets elected senator of Texas and goes to Washington, calls the left out and also calls the sellouts in his own party who are beholden to special interests. Damn this guy doesn't care if you are a Republican or Democrat, he cares about the Constitution.

His stand on the 10th amendment is so refreshing to me as I haven't seen that out of a Republican candidate in decades. When someone stands so strongly for the 10th amendment as Cruz does, that automatically cuts the over-reach of the federal government on states. You know from his views on marriage, education to marijuana he sees it as states rights not judicial activism, Congress or a overbearing Commander and Chief to force states to comply.

As far as your snark on religion. You may be interested to know today a Jewish conference is being held in Nevada. Out of all the candidates Cruz along with Governor Walker are attending. Trump and Kasich were also invited but expressed a conflict of scheduling yet I couldn't find anything pressing on either of their agendas today. Cruz isn't running for pastor and chief for the Christians in this country, but rather a defender of religious liberties.

Cheers!

Cheers to you, Vesper.

Well, quite honestly after listening to Cruz speak to a group of college students in New York yesterday. I have to say that his speech was probably the freakiest, scariest speeches that I've ever heard from a presidential candidate in my many years on this crazy planet.

But you have to follow your own beliefs and best interests. We all should. That's what America is all about. Me, I'm voting for Marge Simpson (write in)... ;)

The problem is it's all about "Stop Trump", without even a nod toward winning the presidency.

The Esrablishment would prefer to save their hides, than win the presidency and hope Hillary takes care of them "for old times sake".

No, and you know it. This is the same old Lyin Ted script you're parroting. He sold out to the very people he supposedly has opposed the last four years when he was getting absolutely nothing done. Their cash, their political machine is on his side now. He made the deal with the devil.
What deal has he made? They came to him, grudgingly and, as far as I know, he's made no concessions.

I'm still hoping for a contested convention where the delegates are all packing heat. Talk about great TV!

None of the people being guarded by the Secret Service are going to be in the convention center until the three days into the convention. The attendees SHOULD be allowed to carry weapons into the arena. They have fought hard for the right to do so...and to deny THEM the right is beyond the pale.

Cheers to you, Vesper.

Well, quite honestly after listening to Cruz speak to a group of college students in New York yesterday. I have to say that his speech was probably the freakiest, scariest speeches that I've ever heard from a presidential candidate in my many years on this crazy planet.

But you have to follow your own beliefs and best interests. We all should. That's what America is all about. Me, I'm voting for Marge Simpson (write in)... ;)

Could you give me a link to this speech he gave to college students yesterday? The only rally I know of that occurred yesterday was at Scotia NY outside of Albany which was well attended. There were students present but they were high school students. I watched the live stream of that event. His focus was on jobs and how he would promote them by lifting job killing regulations, and making it more friendly for corporations to come home from foreign countries by killing regulations and taxes that forced them to leave in the first place to stay in business. He also focused on small businesses the bread and butter for job creation getting boot of the federal government off their back so they can flourish. He talked about the cost of a college education directly linked to federal bueacracies making it so expensive leaving students with debt up to their eyeballs and that would change if federal funding and all the carrots on the sticks that go along with it to pander to special interests were eliminated.
He then went into national security where he laid out a very coherent plan to rebuild the military, stop tying our soldiers hands behind their backs and let them do the jobs they were trained to do, destroy the enemy and get the Hell out and not engage in Nation building.
The folks there loved the message.

Last edited:
Electing a corporatist theocrat would actually be a step backward from electing an autocratic ethno-nationalist, in my opinion...
Neither is an appealing proposition! :doh

Then there's the status-quo continuation of the Bush-Clinton Monarchy! Argh - terrible choices this cycle!

Could you give me a link to this speech he gave to college students yesterday? The only rally I know of that occurred yesterday was at Scotia NY outside of Albany which was well attended. There were students present but they were high school students. I watched the live stream of that event. His focus was on jobs and how he would promote them by lifting job killing regulations, and making it more friendly for corporations to come home from foreign countries by killing regulations and taxes that forced them to leave in the first place to stay in business. He also focused on small businesses the bread and butter for job creation getting boot of the federal government off their back so they can flourish. He talked about the cost of a college education directly linked to federal bueacracies making it so expensive leaving students with debt up to their eyeballs and that would change if federal funding and all the carrots on the sticks that go along with it to pander to special interests were eliminated.
He then went into national security where he laid out a very coherent plant to rebuild the military, stop tying our soldiers hands behind their backs and let them do the jobs they were trained to do, destroy the enemy and get the Hell out and not engage in Nation building.
The folks there loved the message.

I was in my truck listening to the radio. But it seems like someone on the station I was listening to said he was speaking a college students, but I could be wrong. Whoever the hell he was speaking to...no buenos. Seriously problematic for me. So I'll try to find something for you.

There seems to be a lot of ignorance with Trump supporters and Trump himself on how the delegate game works. I read Trump has been letting go his paid staff in each state after a primary. How does he plan to build and protect his delegate count without paid staff working in each state? How is planning on winning a general if he should be the nominee without paid staff helping to make it possible in each state? In every state that Trump has won, Cruz's team in each state have been meeting with delegates, making the case for Cruz and have managed to pickup a 100+ delegates that have promised to vote for Cruz on a second vote once they become unbound. This takes a lot of manpower to perform such an operation plus it is expensive maintaining housing and food for all the workers in each state. Evidently Trump doesn't have any workers in these states. Yet the first thing out of the mouth of a Trump supporter or Trump himself is "Lyin Ted is stealing my delegates".

Starting last week Colorado began selecting their congressional delegates. Cruz swept the first two districts and last night swept the third. That's nine more delegates that have signed and sworn they will be voting for Cruz. The rest will vote tomorrow. The party leadership said Trump and Kasich campaigns have been missing in action. Same thing happened in ND last weekend. Trump campaign sent Dr. Carson to represent Trump. Cruz personally went and spoke at their convention. Cruz ended up with all 10 delegates promised to him and the other 18 most have already said they will be supporting Cruz in a week when they finalize their delegate process. More good news out of PA. Last week Cruz won the GOP Leadership Conference straw poll by a landslide. PA's primary is all window dressing. They give out a small portion of delegates to the winner but in a loophole primary they disperse the rest of the 71 delegates which act as free agents. If the GOP leadership overwhelmingly chose Cruz, chances are those free agents will have a lot of Cruz support among them not to mention Cruz's team is already shoring up delegates in PA. It takes a team of dedicated people who believe in their candidate to work tirelessly for him often living in tight quarters and less than comfortable conditions. And in the recent polls Cruz is in single digits trailing Trump in PA closing the gap and Kasich who was expected to win PA is in a distant third. Been a good couple of weeks for Cruz.
To the bolded:

OMG! :lamo

That's seriously one of the funniest things I've heard in a while!

So much for the guy that, "Will pick good people that can get the job done"!

What naivety! :doh

I was in my truck listening to the radio. But it seems like someone on the station I was listening to said he was speaking a college students, but I could be wrong. Whoever the hell he was speaking to...no buenos. Seriously problematic for me. So I'll try to find something for you.

Thanks RM I appreciate that.

Thanks RM I appreciate that.

You're welcome...can't promise that I'll find where the speech was made, but I'll get it my best shot. It could have been a taped, play-back speech.

Ted Cruz ? Republican Party?s Best Hope
Ted Cruz or Bust

If the Republican Party is to be saved from Donald Trump, Ted Cruz’s runaway victory in Wisconsin will have been the inflection point. If you thought this service to the GOP would be met with plaudits and gratitude from the party’s insiders, you obviously don’t know anything about their relationship to the Texas senator. St. Augustine famously prayed, Dear Lord, make me chaste — but not yet. The GOP establishment’s prayer is, Dear Lord, deliver us from Donald Trump — but not with Ted Cruz. The increasing likelihood of a contested convention in Cleveland has led to chatter about such a conclave turning to a white knight who has the advantage of being neither Trump nor Cruz. House Speaker Paul Ryan, who ascended to the third-highest constitutional office in the land while (sincerely) saying he didn’t want it, is most often mentioned for the honor of winning a nomination he didn’t run for.

Poor Ted Cruz…………..The most despised man in Congress and many other places too………… is being use by the D.C. boys as their tool to stop Trump……….

He is wicked smart but new to politics and possibly somewhat naïve…… But I would not under estimate him…….

BTW
(Have you ever closely taken note of his face with the deep sunken squinty eyes and a Halloween type nose………IMHO……….He look like evil personified)

After the first ballot with Trump not selected…….

………. the Establishment elitist Cruz will be dropped like flies………..

… and D.C. dandies will then have “their” golden boy white knight candidate nominated……….

Think of the three R’s
Romney Rubio Ryan ……Sort of like getting Twiddle-dee and Twiddle-dumb with a “kicker”

My money is on Ryan who does not want the nomination…… Just like he did not want to be Speaker…….

as a self professed conservative... who is your choice?

To the bolded:

OMG! :lamo

That's seriously one of the funniest things I've heard in a while!

So much for the guy that, "Will pick good people that can get the job done"!

What naivety! :doh

Oh Chomsky, it is worse than that! Seriously, I am in search of the videos showing Carson in an interview on CNN that shows just how bad of a segregate Carson can be. At this point I am so happy he did not endorse Cruz.....seriously. If I can find the video of Carson claiming there are probably better candidates than Trump, the one he endorsed, I'll post them. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom